Page 60 of 669 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160560 ... LastLast

This will be my first time posting this, so here it goes

1. Ta-Nehisi Coates is the only one besides Claremont who can write Storm.
    2. 90's X-men is overrated, there were some golden things about it, but never understood a large amount of nostalgia.
    3. There should have been a third school available for mutants during Schism apart from Wolverine and Cyclops with Storm as headmistress.
    4. Shogo is an excellent addition to Jubilee and I loved her parenting and superhero lifestyle.
    5. They should have never broken up Charlotte and Archangel. I found the dynamic interesting and would have loved to see him adopt Timmy as his son.
    6. As much as Marvel loves the 05 I would love to see them in different teams and places in the MU then just being with your teenage friends.
    7. Wolverine could have worked as Headmaster if he wasn't written as Holier than thou and made mistakes around everybody. Also, the constant Cyclops Hate got boring quickly.
    8. After Beasts pettiness with Cyclops and other things *Illuminati... cough* I don't know if I could ever forgive and read him again. I find solace in the old beast.
    9. Havok's inversion was unnecessary and an awful way to show Cyclops is a villain when you disregard actual people who have been victimized, murdered, marginalized, stripped of their rights, and have survived through genocide. Seeing the ways they push back is not villainy its survival.
    10. Havok's infamous speech could have worked if it was re-written (take out M-word is divisive) and whoever was in charge understood or studied real-life groups that have formed due to a shared aspect like disabilities, sexual preference, or victims of colonization. Those things don't change and they stay with you forever. This could of been avoided if someone sat down with Rick and explained that words like queer can be words of pride for a large group of people. Same as mutant or insert [group here].
    11. Archangel was a better villain than Apocalypse and should have lived longer becoming a villain for both Wolverine, Cyclops, Magento, and the Teen 05.
    12. Teen Angel has done nothing compared to the other 05 (besides a power upgrade that doesn't do much for him) and feels like wasted space. As much as I like the character he should have done things to uncover his future. Maybe he could have met the Apoc Twins. Perhaps it would of been better if he died during Battle of the Atom and caused some deep consequences and a motivation for the 05 to fix what went wrong.
    13. Cyclps and X-23 would of been a better couple than Angel and X-23.
    14. Wolverine and Storm would of been a better couple if she wasn't placed to pimp up Wolverine.
    15. Fantomex could of worked as a character if he wasn't made to be Gambit 2.0
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    2. 90's X-men is overrated, there were some golden things about it, but never understood a large amount of nostalgia
    Blasphemy Seriously 90s is Cable,Wolverine, Bishop, Gambit, Archangel and Psylocke without the baggage of trying to flesh out their backstories and hint of mystery was great for these characters. Also Storm, Rogue and Jean Grey were used pretty well back then too.I wouldn't call it overrated because it holds up to any comparable time that people like

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    13. Cyclps and X-23 would of been a better couple than Angel and X-23.
    Not controversial at all. In fact this is probably the majority opinion.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Not controversial at all. In fact this is probably the majority opinion.
    I saw this and didn’t realize you were talking about young Scott, and I was just like,
    what the f*ck is wrong with you people she’s 17

Ultimate Member

I thought that she was older than that by now...

She might be 18.
    She was 14 when she was a prostitute in NYX. That was 2004. Four years of real time mean one year of Marvel time. It’s been 14 years, so divide that by 4, she’s aged three and a half years, making her either 17 or 18, although I’m sure she has plenty of fake IDs with other ages.
    And we already know she has at least seven birth certificates from Target X.
    Even if the writers for some reason chose to ignore this, she can’t be older than 21, because in ANW’s tie-in to Civil War II, Old Man Logan asked if she had anything harder than juice, and she replied, “how old do you think I am?” meaning she was definitely under 21 then, and that was only six Marvel months ago.
    Last edited by Gambit, King of Thieves; 06-28-2018 at 04:59 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    She might be 18.
    She was 14 when she was a prostitute in NYX. That was 2004. Four years of real time mean one year of Marvel time. It’s been 14 years, so divide that by 4, she’s aged three and a half years, making her either 17 or 18, although I’m sure she has plenty of fake IDs with other ages.
    And we already know she has at least seven birth certificates from Target X.
    Even if the writers for some reason chose to ignore this, she can’t be older than 21, because in ANW’s tie-in to Civil War II, Old Man Logan asked if she had anything harder than juice, and she replied, “how old do you think I am?” meaning she was definitely under 21 then, and that was only six Marvel months ago.
    She's officially 20 according to the Orphans of X arc of ANW.

BANNED

Four years of real time mean one year of Marvel time.
    This is less a hard rule carved in stone and more a vague suggestion scrawled in crayon on a wet piece of tissue paper.
    Last edited by Carabas; 06-28-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Remender's Alex Speech in Uncanny Avengers and the subsequent differing responses/discussions/vantage-points made IN VERSE by the team, as well as Kitty Pryde under Bendis, shed some VERY NECESSARY LIGHT on a VERY NECESSARY (and even painful) TRUTH about IDENTITY.

Belonging TO a community is a complex combination of environmental factors and personal experiences that inform how one views themselves and others within that community and how one relates and interacts both internally and externally.

So although what Alex said is largely viewed as divisive and controversial and even offensive by both readers and characters within the story -- I FEEL -- in saying WHAT he said and especially in professing that HIS perspective is DIFFERENT than his brother Scott -- it spurred an important discussion about what community is -- and that despite being a member OF a community we are ALL individuals and as individuals we have unique and opposing and diverging perspectives and opinions.

In short: I am glad Alex said what he said.
    (because it opens up the conversation)

1) I absolutely LOVE that Iceman is gay. He was always a favorite of mine, and this made him even better. Also, I LOVED his solo comic and I'm looking forward to the next comic. And even though Daken is not good for Bobby, I could feel the sexual tension between these two and I loved it.

2) While not an unpopular opinion, but it might be around here, Kitty Pryde is still my favorite superhero of all time and even when Gold ends, I hope she'll still be on an X-Men team (though not in a leadership role).

3) I am a HUGE Cecilia Reyes fan. My top 4 will always be Kitty, Dazzler, Polaris, and Emma, but Cecilia might be my number 5, and I'm not sure why since she has had such little "screen" time in the books. I would love for Cecilia to get some much needed attention and become a core X-Man.

4) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the original Excalibur team and would love to see that revisited.

5) I love the entire Marvel Universe, but I miss the days where there were distinct lines in the sand between X-Men and Avengers and Spidey and Fan 4 and so on. Back then, when a crossover happened, it was so epic. I remember thinking "this is so crazy that Captain America is on the cover of an X-Men book". I miss those days. Now the lines are so blurry as so many X-Men have been Avengers and crossovers happen so much that it's no longer special when one occurs. That said, I get the current landscape and it makes more sense than the 80's/90's landscape, as it is one cohesive universe. But, there was something special to the way things were.

6) I still love Cyclops. He's my favorite male superhero and I can't wait for him to return.

7) Lastly, I hate that so many villains become X-Men. Magneto, Juggernaut, Mystique, Emma Frost, Omega Red, Lady Deathstrike, Callisto, etc etc. Let the villains stay villains. It's OK if a character or two change sides, but the amount of villains that have become heroes is ridiculous in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Blasphemy Seriously 90s is Cable,Wolverine, Bishop, Gambit, Archangel and Psylocke without the baggage of trying to flesh out their backstories and hint of mystery was great for these characters. Also Storm, Rogue and Jean Grey were used pretty well back then too.I wouldn't call it overrated because it holds up to any comparable time that people like
    Yeah, I’m on team 90s. Or at least the first half of that decade. That was a golden era for the X-men.

But I do love the idea above about Archangel remaining a villain. He should’ve stayed the heir to Apocalypse after the Dark Angel Saga and become a major X-men foe for not only Wolverine and Psylocke and Deadpool, who were there for it, but also Cable since his goal was always to stop Apocalypse’s ascension. Well, now, he’s got to stop Archangel since he may ultimately be worse.

Uncanny X-Force Vol. 3 = Cable, Wolverine, Psylocke, Deadpool, Domino and Caliban
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-28-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    She's officially 20 according to the Orphans of X arc of ANW.
    What issuedid the address that in? I don’t remember it at all.

Anyways, that would still be really weird for Old Scott

Secret Empire was a great idea. I’ve yet to read it (doing some Rogue and Gambit storylines, then gotta wrap up literally all the X-23, then Secret Wars), but I absolutely LOVE the premise.

BANNED

What issuedid the address that in? I don’t remember it at all.

Anyways, that would still be really weird for Old Scott
    It was in issue 27 or 28, when Daken remarks that cloning tech has advanced considerably in the 20 years since she was born.

And no one was talking about Adultclops.

I don't want X-factor to come back without Peter David.