Page 176 of 655 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 9824

Man reading this thread, It made me remember how much toxic trash happened in Morrison's run.
    And to think some people can't stop fellating this trash as the greatest thing ever.
    Killing, love triangles, cheating, Xorneto. That is his entire legacy.
    Last edited by LostZargatan; 09-14-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Morrison discovered a good formula and a way of writing that most people think he is doing a materpiece while he was destroying the franchise. If not for that skill his run on x-men would considered as awful as Austen
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-14-2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Morrison discovered a good formula and a way of writing that most people think he is doing a materpiece. If not for that skill his run on x-men would considered as awful as Austen
    Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    Man reading this thread, It made me remember how much toxic trash happened in Morrison's run.
    And to think some people can't stop fellating this trash as the greatest thing ever.
    If you only read the last few issues of the run, I could understand this line of thinking. But to so ignore's the rest of the run, which is the reason the run is so beloved.

What is sad is people thinking that one moment in a three year run makes the whole run worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Its definition is literally inherently female-to-male. It's a shortening of "Women in Refrigerators" which specifically refers to the trope of female characters being killed bc manpain or for some other reason focusing on furthering the story of a male.
    So if a woman is killed solely to give her lesbian partner pain, that isn't fridging?

So if a man is killed solely to give his gay partner pain, that isn't fridging?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Maybe because not all art is objectively trash and a lot of people genuinely like it?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    If you only read the last few issues of the run, I could understand this line of thinking. But to so ignore's the rest of the run, which is the reason the run is so beloved.

What is sad is people thinking that one moment in a three year run makes the whole run worthless.
    Even with that flawed (but far from bad) ending, there aren't many other runs afterwards that seem to be worth mentioning.
    All fandom has done for the last few years is talk about how aimless and dumb the X-Men have been. At least for the main books.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

I would wish something other than what I said was remembered. I truly do
    but the truth is that the toxic parts are the ones who ended affecting the characters the most.

Fantastic Member

Austen was bad sure. Just bad. I wouldn't say damaging. Just bad with nonsensical ideas. I mean even some of his ideas were okay. Most people liked Northstar joining and even Juggernaut. Now he did mess up Lorna/Alex and stick us with that awful Nurse Annie. Maybe Warren a creep that bangs Paige in mid air in front of her parent was still .... an odd idea.

But man Morrison just turned me off X-Men for years. It felt like he did long term damage. Jean was dead for years to Xorneto. Even trying to play that off as Magneto felt insulting. Blue Lion Beast sucked. Scott/Emma stunk.

The only good thing was making the school open which lead to Academy X. Then they depowered and butchered them senselessly and I'm still bitter over that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I would wish something other than what I said was remembered. I truly do
    but the truth is that the toxic parts are the ones who ended affecting the characters the most.
    What has negatively impacted the characters?
    From what I've read on these boards, the X-books turning Cyclops into Hitler or whatever has done more to damage him than anything in the Morrison run.
    Jean staying dead is on Marvel editorial, and she's back now anyway.
    They back tracked on Xorneto almost immediately, in a dumb way they didn't need to do because he left them an in-story out that I guess they missed.

BANNED

I just put my lips together and blow, bb

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Morrison discovered a good formula and a way of writing that most people think he is doing a materpiece while he was destroying the franchise. If not for that skill his run on x-men would considered as awful as Austen
    I started reading X-Men over 15 years before Morrison ended his run but thank u 4 ur concern

BANNED

"If Morrison wasn't skilled and wrote a beloved run, his would be as hated as Austen".

It keeps getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    "If Morrison wasn't skilled and wrote a beloved run, his would be as hated as Austen".

It keeps getting better.
    Morrison has done some cool stuff. Doesn't mean everything he has done is good.
    His X-men work is so divisive for a reason, because even if some liked it many others disliked it, emphasis on dislike.
    We wouldn't have this conversation if there weren't people that think and feel it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Jean staying dead is on Marvel editorial, and she's back now anyway.
    If only more people understood this, reading the last few pages one could think it was Cyclops the one who killed her.

Morrison has done some cool stuff. Doesn't mean everything he has done is good.
    His X-men work is so divisive for a reason, because even if some liked it many others disliked it, emphasis on dislike.
    We wouldn't have this conversation if there weren't people that think and feel it sucked.
    The majority of the anger lies against Morrison for Jean's death. But last I checked, Morrison didn't run all of Marvel comics. Editorial could have brought her back at any time. They chose not to. That's on them.

BANNED

The mindset is that Marvel is too infatuated with Scott and kept Jean dead because they love him more than her.