Page 270 of 664 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 9955
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    How is that any different then what is going on now? There really isn't much interconnectivity between the books after Xavier died and came back. Even before Krakoa they were doing space stories and the occasional weird stuff a la Excalibur. The island just doesn't feel much different than the mansion in practice, just letting the villains have a bigger say.
    because there is an larger element of worlbuilding that is interesting and immersive allowing books their space while remaining relevant, and its also ten times the visual apeal the ugly mansion has

So controversial opinion I don't think Glob's all that bad.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    because there is an larger element of worlbuilding that is interesting and immersive allowing books their space while remaining relevant, and its also ten times the visual apeal the ugly mansion has
    I have to disagree on the visual appeal. Krakoa visuall reminds me of the tree around my home when they get diseased and cancerous. And the writers use the 'ever-changing island' to keep the place from having any consistency and never looking like someplace people could actually live

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    ok but now we said it...he gets a lot of hate for being shoehorned into books in the place of characters who would fit better or are more deserving, which is a warranted reaction but honestly he's kind of endearing. like a Michael Cera-esque schlub in a duplass brothers movie kind of way...did his story need to be told? no, but is he well-meaning, inoffensive and kind of sweet? ...yeah lol. my main problem is there's never any kind of development to him whatsoever from appearance to appearance but that's not new for the kiddos

Extraordinary Member

Glob is fun and I'm just not really sure how much more development he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I have to disagree on the visual appeal. Krakoa visuall reminds me of the tree around my home when they get diseased and cancerous. And the writers use the 'ever-changing island' to keep the place from having any consistency and never looking like someplace people could actually live
    Yeah, mostly of krakoa looks ugly. They should had at least designed some places, so pencillers could had a model to draw than inventing anyhting that comes to mind

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, mostly of krakoa looks ugly. They should had at least designed some places, so pencillers could had a model to draw than inventing anyhting that comes to mind
    They should have googled tropical islands and pulled a Land on them and traced what they found.

=======================

That there should be mutants who want nothing to do with Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They should have googled tropical islands and pulled a Land on them and traced what they found.

=======================

That there should be mutants who want nothing to do with Krakoa.
    they exist, but they are probably not very known characters

wonder if Sunfire doesn't want krakoa for loyalty to Japan

The setting is one of the things i like the most, i want Krakoa be challenged from outside and inside but I hope Krakoa remains even after the main issue is dealt with it.

The Mansion should come back one a huge victory is achieved, dealing a blow to Orchis or The Phalanx, or that the bad future has been averted for now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I've never actually given Glob a second thought really. Until New Mutants......I agree he ain't that bad.

He's weird to me tho, but not that bad.

Glob is interesting if the X-books really want to go there, explain what means to be human for someon like him or every mutant with such a deformity.

Do they feel human ?? They think about themselves as humans ??

The problem is the X-men rarely goes there because the survival narrative is everywhere

A lack of using the lesser known mutants in favor of only focusing on the same old ones. I'm not saying you have to get rid of the fan favorites but I just wish the lesser known mutants would get to pop in every now and again to see what they are doing. Not just being background characters for a group shot.

Something as simple as Cyclops walking by on his way to a mission and he bumps into Surge as she is training younger mutants or something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    they exist, but they are probably not very known characters

wonder if Sunfire doesn't want krakoa for loyalty to Japan
    Showing them would add depth to the story. That not all mutants are Krakoan sycophants. Sunfire...like you said...has always had a strongly nationalist bent.

But I think giving other reasons like maybe the mutant is against Krakoa because his/her family was killed in an attack by a mutant (like Apocalypse's attack on NYC during Fall of The Mutants) and he/she saw him as completely evil...and the X-Men (X-Factor at the time of that story) as heroes. And now these heroes are siding with the scumbag instead of standing up for all people.

Per Reeds estimations there are 10K mutants living off Krakoa....let's see why...and not living horrible lives to prop up the dream of Krakoa.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-28-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    A lack of using the lesser known mutants in favor of only focusing on the same old ones. I'm not saying you have to get rid of the fan favorites but I just wish the lesser known mutants would get to pop in every now and again to see what they are doing. Not just being background characters for a group shot.

Something as simple as Cyclops walking by on his way to a mission and he bumps into Surge as she is training younger mutants or something.
    Agree, little details like this make the setting feel more alive.

Extraordinary Member

Again, Eyeboy is featured prominently in the upcoming artwork and Surge, Hellion, Pixie, and Mercury aren't.

Fucking Eyeboy beat them all.