Page 529 of 655 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533539579629 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    To be honest, I don't even remember how he treated her. I only remember how he was so heavily ignored in her solo, and Tom Taylor just went "she marries Julian in this possible future" at the end of the book.
    It was baaaaad. Angel begging her not to self mutilate. Being forced to drop her from high heights. It was like mental abuse with a dash of reverse (didn't know it could be a thing.) physical abuse. It was hard to look away but you shouldn't look and did. It was pretty brutal. But then at the same time you felt so bad for both of them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

you know, upon further thought and seeing doom holding the mutant baby and given what we saw in sword it would be kind of cool if the next technological age in the marvel universe is the genuises of the mu figuring out new heights for mutant technology based on their human concepts. In a humane way of course.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    To be honest, I don't even remember how he treated her. I only remember how he was so heavily ignored in her solo, and Tom Taylor just went "she marries Julian in this possible future" at the end of the book.
    Borderline if not outright emotional abuse. Like that time he broke up with her literally while her face was healing after being pounded into mush by Blob. While also being a GIANT hypocrite by doing the exact same things that he was constantly ranting at her for doing.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    …Yes, being stuck in a wheelchair sucks too, but being a rich white dude kind of makes up for that…
    Are you sure?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I was just discussing this with a friend the other day, and I wondered about this too, and I think it gets to an even bigger issue. People who loved the change said that there was always subtext, and I don't even want to argue about if it's there or not - rather, here's my question: What do we think about taking a character, created and established one way, and through a litany of writers who drop hints here and there, make such a large change to them? Do we think characters being created in the 60's and 70's were being primed for changes like this decades later? Do writers and editors have a responsibility to preserve a character as they were originally established? If the subtext is picked up and dropped again and again, why should fans on either side of this question be satisfied? How important are the intentions of the writers and editors behind these changes?
    I think that’s a thread topic unto itself.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

I think on the one hand Hickman's set up allows for a multiplicity of realities, what one character is in this life may not be what one character is in another life of Moira, but by the same token for Wanda for example we can see that by claiming that there is a very old back up of her, she could technically be resurrected without the M-Day baggage and go back to her default characterisation,but it seems that in-story(although not all reasons are given) assuming characters dont want her resurrected because she will be missing pieces of herself it implies characters in story are defining the identity of other characters ,not the characters themselves. This can be extrapolated to most characters resurrected by the leadership..they define what you remember and so they define who you are. That is the innate flaw in the protocols

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well... you like the change.... for your own reasons. However, can you explain how it's a good thing outside of that? Yeah "How does it make the character better?" but with none of the "it's good because representation" arguments.

For reasons that have already been stated, I think it makes his story worse.
    Well that's one interpretation..... But.... it's only one way to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I think that’s a thread topic unto itself.
    Possibly, but after mulling it over and talking it over with friends, I'm not confident that a topic like this would actually be approached with nuance or that there'll be much honest consideration of differing viewpoints.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Possibly, but after mulling it over and talking it over with friends, I'm not confident that a topic like this would actually be approached with nuance or that there'll be much honest consideration of differing viewpoints.
    Yeah because Bobby drake is a really old character... and he's not bee written consistently enough to say unequivocally whether either side is "right"... the actual truth is that certain writer probably wrote him one way and some another.

Where’s Obi Wan with his “from a certain point of view” line. I think he missed his cue
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Where’s Obi Wan with his “from a certain point of view” line. I think he missed his cue
    It's funny because it's true.

Extraordinary Member

There are retcons that work for the better, and then there are ones where people end up having the hots for their sister.

Incredible Member

Perhaps I read redTOO much into young Bobby’s “ coming out “ scene… but my interpretation was that Teen Jean…haven’t just recently learned that she could read minds.. had not really figured out how to NOT read minds, and strong emotions probably jumped out at her. Her confronting him in public WAS in bad form, though.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    There are retcons that work for the better, and then there are ones where people end up having the hots for their sister.
    Lol. Touché
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Now you got that Robot Chicken sketch in my head.

It definitely fits with a lot of these discussions.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia