Page 95 of 663 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195595 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by DamianWayne1 View Post
    • Marvel doesn't hate your favorite character.
    I feel seen.

The good writers do though.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Lol! Well I definitely gotta disagree with that one. Hell, I don't even like one of my favorites anymore due to the writing / treatment becoming so laughably bad. And there's writers who like the character, did them justice, & wanted to write them yet Marvel isn't letting them touch the character again.

So yeah. it's clear there's some characters the X-Office hates and doesn't wanna draw much fan attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Lol! Well I definitely gotta disagree with that one. Hell, I don't even like one of my favorites anymore due to the writing / treatment becoming so laughably bad. And there's writers who like the character, did them justice, & wanted to write them yet Marvel isn't letting them touch the character again.

So yeah. it's clear there's some characters the X-Office hates and doesn't wanna draw much fan attention to.
    Well it IS the "unpopular/controversial" thread.
    I find it fascinating when folks are compelled to argue opposing views in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Well it IS the "unpopular/controversial" thread.
    I find it fascinating when folks are compelled to argue opposing views in this thread.
    I was agreeing with them. That is a good UP one.

Many will feel the writers / editors are in their feelings wit the constant abuse some characters take.

[LIST][*]Marvel doesn't hate your favorite character.
    ]
    Well they hated it for 14 years

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well they hated it for 14 years
    Here here... *sobs*

Mighty Member

The idea of sub classes of mutants wasnt all that bad of an idea.. Austen just messed it up with angels, demons. . It def seems like Telepaths(pisonics) seem themselves as superior to other types of mutants.. I just wish elemental and high level energy manipulators had some definitive conversations about their powers and how that changes how they view the world.. Storm, Magneto, Polaris, and others that fall into their camp should def have a particular way of seeing that is different than other mutants.

[*]Marvel doesn't hate your favorite character.
    Lol! Well I definitely gotta disagree with that one...
    I was agreeing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I disagree with that opinion. But I agree it fits the thread for that reason. That would be a unpopular / controversial thought.

BANNED

*SIGH* So, True.

Some faves are tough to work with. IMO, Wiccan subtracted of Scarlet Witch convolutions would be far MORE interesting. Sabretooth's tougher cause he's an excellent villain whose character has run its course so they keep trying him as a team-based hero, which means pulling all his teeth.

Maybe I should resurrect the Pro/Con Workshop threads, and we can fix our faves.

Creed's had worst stints as a villain than a hero. ANY team he's had as a villain, he's been the butt-monkey of.
    • Marauders
    • Brotherhood -where it all started with Austen
    • Avengers 1959, LORD The worst one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Mike Carey's I'm Scared of the Children Hide Me X-Men, get shot into space later.
    • Bank-Robbers All New X-Men with Mystique & Mastermind
    • Weapon X -Pak was writing him as an antagonist anyway. So that needs to be here.

Meanwhile Remender & Bunn used him just fine as a team hero. And we see what happened with that. He got thrown to Pak & Rosenberg who de-fanged & castrated him, and Hickman seems to be continuing that. And if the BC rumor from last year or early this year is true, then Pak will be writing him again in a Wave title. So things are looking just as bad as they were 2003 - 2014.

So it's not so much the character is hard to work with, because plenty of writers have made him work. Marvel just decided they didn't want him to be successful & have gone out of their way to crap on him. They won't let writers who could do good by him have him long, then they subsequently ignore the work of the better writers when sending him to the Careys, Aarons, Bendises, Rosenbergs, Paks, Austens, Higgins, Soules, Chaykins, Loebs, Cournells, Tamakis, and Lius of Marvel.

And for what little they do with him, he need not be showing up so much. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-15-2019 at 12:59 PM.

I am NOT getting in the way of your stanning, but

Marvel just decided they didn't want him to be successful & have gone out of their way to crap on him
    this is a leap in logic

to make Wolverine look good.
    built around THIS simple fact.

There are dozens of characters sacrificed on the altar of Wolverine. Sabretooth's biggest problem is that he's too similar to Logan, so he's used as a foil, over and over again.

I think there's plenty of potential for Sabretooth, but all my ideas would probably offend.

You can't offend me. At this point, I want Sabretooth dead. lol Can't be much worse than that -besides doing what they've been doing for most of the last 16 years.

I was excited to see HOX /POX. But Creed being advertised messed up some of my hype. I am hoping he's not that prominent because then I could probably just skip around him. I hope they don't waste too many panels on him x Mystique compared to better characters we could be seeing.

Though she's not a favorite, I have to wonder where Psylocke is. Since returning to her OG body, she hasn't gotten as much attention. AoX does not count. lol

Then we saw Monet & Husk. Be nice if Jubilee and Chamber are also around. Closest thing to a GenX reunion.