Page 309 of 322 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 4818
  1. #4621
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    6,677

    Default

    Also, Second Coming had Land and Dodson...

  2. #4622
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You must be talking about the tie-ins bc they main story had great art. Coipel and Kubert were steller. Romita Jr was the weakest of the bunch but it wasnt bad at all



    Coipiel drew like 3 issues(4 if you count prologue which throws you off as the first issue is so beautiful then Romita's rendering hit you)Had he drawn most of it,it would be up there with the best coz Coipiel is ace.The tie ins actually had marginally better art especially when they went to Sinister world ,Kubert is ok but the rest by Romita Jr were horrendous,btw nice cover art does not count,the actual comic inside had subpar art for 70% of the run
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-11-2020 at 12:38 AM.

  3. #4623
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Also, Second Coming had Land and Dodson...
    I don't mind either Land traces but he's actually good,though Dodson's face drawings are awkwardly square and work on male characters better than females.Second Coming had much much better art than AvX imo(taste is subjective but something tells me I'm not the minority on this)

  4. #4624
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,985

    Default

    As fun as it was, DoX New Mutants either should've been a miniseries, annual, or special or not have happened at all as the characters all have outgrown working together and would've been better off in other titles.

    Sunspot in the Quiet Council - make use of Hickman's own graduation of Bobby's leadership and resources
    Doug, Dani, and Mondo in X-Force - Doug/Mondo were meant for a team geared towards intelligence and Dani should always be where the action is
    Rahne and Jono in Excalibur
    Karma in Marauders - Hatchi Corporation + ties with Kitty = Red Queen's Red Bishop
    Magik in any of the above

    I think each of those titles would've been stronger with NM/GX alumni.

  5. #4625
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    As fun as it was, DoX New Mutants either should've been a miniseries, annual, or special or not have happened at all as the characters all have outgrown working together and would've been better off in other titles.

    Sunspot in the Quiet Council - make use of Hickman's own graduation of Bobby's leadership and resources
    Doug, Dani, and Mondo in X-Force - Doug/Mondo were meant for a team geared towards intelligence and Dani should always be where the action is
    Rahne and Jono in Excalibur
    Karma in Marauders - Hatchi Corporation + ties with Kitty = Red Queen's Red Bishop
    Magik in any of the above

    I think each of those titles would've been stronger with NM/GX alumni.
    I do agree it’s time for the New Mutants to be fully integrated in the X-men core main line up. And intermingle with them.
    Just like the O5 and ANAD teams eventually were.

  6. #4626
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    As fun as it was, DoX New Mutants either should've been a miniseries, annual, or special or not have happened at all as the characters all have outgrown working together and would've been better off in other titles.

    Sunspot in the Quiet Council - make use of Hickman's own graduation of Bobby's leadership and resources
    Doug, Dani, and Mondo in X-Force - Doug/Mondo were meant for a team geared towards intelligence and Dani should always be where the action is
    Rahne and Jono in Excalibur
    Karma in Marauders - Hatchi Corporation + ties with Kitty = Red Queen's Red Bishop
    Magik in any of the above

    I think each of those titles would've been stronger with NM/GX alumni.
    Definitely. All of the New Mutants (and Ilyanna) have leveled up, IMO, and Paige and Monet, from Gen X, also. Each and every one of them is at least as relevant as Warren or Piotr or Sean, IMO.

  7. #4627
    Fantastic Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    As fun as it was, DoX New Mutants either should've been a miniseries, annual, or special or not have happened at all as the characters all have outgrown working together and would've been better off in other titles.

    Sunspot in the Quiet Council - make use of Hickman's own graduation of Bobby's leadership and resources
    Doug, Dani, and Mondo in X-Force - Doug/Mondo were meant for a team geared towards intelligence and Dani should always be where the action is
    Rahne and Jono in Excalibur
    Karma in Marauders - Hatchi Corporation + ties with Kitty = Red Queen's Red Bishop
    Magik in any of the above

    I think each of those titles would've been stronger with NM/GX alumni.
    Your placement for them is actually perfect. It's a shame because I feel like Brisson doesn't even want to write the OG New Mutants but he probably knows that people will be up in arms if he sidelines them now.

  8. #4628
    Incredible Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    880

    Default

    THREAD: YOUR UNPOPULAR/CONTROVERSIAL OPINIONS ON THE X-UNIVERSE

    Hickman’s x-Men is nothing but a cheesy ripoff of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers.
    “The Scarlet Witch is the only thing that will scare them. It’s the only thing they’ll respect.” - Hope Summers, Avengers vs X-Men #7

  9. #4629
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    THREAD: YOUR UNPOPULAR/CONTROVERSIAL OPINIONS ON THE X-UNIVERSE

    Hickman’s x-Men is nothing but a cheesy ripoff of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers.
    I wouldn't say that,I remember the whole AvX was a plot to show mutants are corrupted by power(insert Phoenix) and while they destroyed weapons on earth ,made agriculture and energy work wonders for humanity,they were still the enemy.They had to give up the power for peace, which is just absurd but because that was the Phoenix-plot contrivance be damned all is good now

    Cough not so fast through Moira we are given a panoramic view of destiny that you don't trade power for peace,coz you'll never get it.So finally the mutants have removed their rose coloured spectacles and are playing the game how it should be played,and have made themselves immortal. Maybe the concept is from a sci fi alien movie but the results are there for all to see -a thriving species that has humanity scratching their heads

  10. #4630
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I wouldn't say that,I remember the whole AvX was a plot to show mutants are corrupted by power(insert Phoenix) and while they destroyed weapons on earth ,made agriculture and energy work wonders for humanity,they were still the enemy.They had to give up the power for peace, which is just absurd but because that was the Phoenix-plot contrivance be damned all is good now
    They conquered the world and did horrible things. On the small scale they murdered people who disagreed with them (Cyclops), executed people without a trial (Emma Frost), threw the Avengers into hell for daring to fight against them and exiled their own team mates to unknown planets without brining them back for trying to rescue the Avengers (Magik) and flooded Wakanda (Namor). They were dictators with untold power, and were barely stable - if you wanted them to do X rather than Y there was no accountability. They also refused to hand over the Phoenix to Hope when she asked for it.

    Cough not so fast through Moira we are given a panoramic view of destiny that you don't trade power for peace,coz you'll never get it.So finally the mutants have removed their rose coloured spectacles and are playing the game how it should be played,and have made themselves immortal. Maybe the concept is from a sci fi alien movie but the results are there for all to see -a thriving species that has humanity scratching their heads
    Shacking up with people who kill other mutants will cause people to be confused.

    There will never be any peace because it's a serial comic book, and Krakao is not "peace" it's the calm before the storm IE before it implodes. Mutants always lose.

  11. #4631
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They conquered the world and did horrible things. On the small scale they murdered people who disagreed with them (Cyclops), executed people without a trial (Emma Frost), threw the Avengers into hell for daring to fight against them and exiled their own team mates to unknown planets without brining them back for trying to rescue the Avengers (Magik) and flooded Wakanda (Namor). They were dictators with untold power, and were barely stable - if you wanted them to do X rather than Y there was no accountability. They also refused to hand over the Phoenix to Hope when she asked for it.



    Shacking up with people who kill other mutants will cause people to be confused.

    There will never be any peace because it's a serial comic book, and Krakao is not "peace" it's the calm before the storm IE before it implodes. Mutants always lose.
    Throwing people in volcanoes and hell was after Namor died or when the 5 part phoenix entered the 4.The Phoenix stood for ultimate power and yes it can corrupt,but before the Avengers attacked them with Wanda it was not so,I remember they did a lot of good before deciding the avengers were the enemy.It is the same now, it's just now they don't have ultimate power, but they do have enough to take care of their own and I wouldn't judge them for taking care of themselves.All nations do that, those that don't have power are just vassals for others that do

  12. #4632
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Throwing people in volcanoes and hell was after Namor died or when the 5 part phoenix entered the 4.The Phoenix stood for ultimate power and yes it can corrupt,but before the Avengers attacked them with Wanda it was not so,I remember they did a lot of good before deciding the avengers were the enemy.
    How do you feel about the actions they committed which I outlined?

    Not can, did corrupt. That they did good does not erase the bad things they did after the Avengers attacked, and it was';t only the Avengers who had problems with the PF. Rogue disagree with their methods and was exiled to a foreign planet to it. Did I mention Magik didn't bring her back? She had to get back on her own, she didn't know the langue of the planet and had no easy way off-planet. She had to gamble with ancient technology with a Stargate like device, and she was stuck in a war. That's what you get for being a friend of the PF. People don't like it when powerful entities conquer the world and don't believe in democracy. The above is what happens when you disagree with them too harshly. She got off lucky, Cyclops murdered Xavier when he argued with him.


    It is the same now, it's just now they don't have ultimate power, but they do have enough to take care of their own and I wouldn't judge them for taking care of themselves.All nations do that, those that don't have power are just vassals for others
    If they're not careful they're going to wind up vassals for Sinister, Apocalypse or Krakoa itself. Judge all you like, people with that sort of power judge others strictly and act accordingly. How is letting Shaw murder Kitty "protecting their own"? Everyone saw that coming, like with Sabretooth. They can protect themselves without becoming despots.

  13. #4633
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    How do you feel about the actions they committed which I outlined?

    Not can, did corrupt. That they did good does not erase the bad things they did after the Avengers attacked, and it was';t only the Avengers who had problems with the PF. Rogue disagree with their methods and was exiled to a foreign planet to it. Did I mention Magik didn't bring her back? She had to get back on her own, she didn't know the langue of the planet and had no easy way off-planet. She had to gamble with ancient technology with a Stargate like device, and she was stuck in a war. That's what you get for being a friend of the PF. People don't like it when powerful entities conquer the world and don't believe in democracy. The above is what happens when you disagree with them too harshly. She got off lucky, Cyclops murdered Xavier when he argued with him.




    If they're not careful they're going to wind up vassals for Sinister, Apocalypse or Krakoa itself. Judge all you like, people with that sort of power judge others strictly and act accordingly. How is letting Shaw murder Kitty "protecting their own"? Everyone saw that coming, like with Sabretooth. They can protect themselves without becoming despots.
    What makes you think the QC knows Shaw murdered Kitty? As far as I can tell they dont! They are already a nation,they cannot be vassals to any other,sure they can have a coup or schism in their ranks just like any nation and then go down a different path,but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.Right now I consider them like any nation on earth

  14. #4634
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    What makes you think the QC knows Shaw murdered Kitty? As far as I can tell they dont! They are already a nation,they cannot be vassals to any other,sure they can have a coup or schism in their ranks just like any nation and then go down a different path,but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.Right now I consider them like any nation on earth
    They don't need to know Shaw did it to know he was going to do something like this, even Emma warned Xavier not to bring him in. Bringing Shaw aboard was a risk, and Krakoa is strangely willing to take every risk with any mutant they'll find useful. Right now they're 3-0 in risk management. There are all sorts of nations, they chose the military junta model. These characters aren't blank slates, we know who they are and what they're capable of, they may be acting more polite but they are in character of past portrayals. With caveats.

    All nations on Earth should be scrutinised for everything they do, there is no reason not to question their decisions right now. There are numerous parties in Marvel which could make them vassals, like the Dominions. We don't need to wait to pass judgements on them, or speculate on which time bomb will go off. We've got several lining up as we speak and we're only in Act 1. Act 2 truly is going too exciting.

    It's disappointing you didn't respond to the rest of my post since I was curious about what you thought of those subjects.

  15. #4635
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Please retire "To me, my X-Men!" or any other dumb variation. It is such a lame catchphrase and I can not believe are writers are still having characters spout that dumb line.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •