Page 476 of 673 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 10085

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. Deaths now don't really mean the same thing it did prior to the resurrection protocols unless you happen to die in Otherworld. I didn't realized cable died in otherworld I thought he came out fine. I think xmen red did highlight her powers fine even if it did so at the expense of other characters. teen jean books however I thought were over the top retcons to undo the stories of the past to make her more powerful than she actually was during the original o5 period. its nothing wrong with showing them as teens slowly learning to use their powers and adapting to threats as they gained experience in the field. Teen jean was doing stuff adult jean had never done so it seemed like fanfiction to me.

2. I think he will start to get more action with planet size. I just don't ever want to see rightclops again. that era did to him what gold did to kitty.

I actually loved Rightclops and Bendis' run made him more interesting than he'd been since Morrison to me, since he's usually necessarily boring, but I totally agree with you on Teen Jean. I was thinking if you're going to have her doing all of these advanced TP/TK feats you might as well bring the real Jean back, which I'm happy they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I've found it interesting - when people call out, for example Magneto's body and muscle - but never seem to mind how perky all the women's breasts are, despite their age. (And typically the breast size... a long time ago, breast sizes weren't as... blessed... as they are now... like if you look at White Queen as she first appeared in Hellfire to now... if you look at Rogue, who looked kind of manly in UXM 158, to how she looked in the Savage Land...)
    Magneto was an old man almost from the beginning with his white hair. He is the picture of the vain middle-aged man who doesn’t want to age.

The women… let’s say that in comics, like in movies, there are few roles for middle-aged women: either they are young, or they are old (less often). The in-between doesn’t exist.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Yes, he didn't tried to cheat but he was really distracted by Betsy and tempted too. That was aone of the reasons he travelled

Impossible to deny it hahah
    Scott was never tempted. He literally told her no and never gave any mixxed signals or play with fire when it came to her. Betsy was 100% the aggressor here. The most he ever did was find her attractive but thats not a sin and he never did anything to even try to act on that

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Magneto was an old man almost from the beginning with his white hair. He is the picture of the vain middle-aged man who doesn’t want to age.

The women… let’s say that in comics, like in movies, there are few roles for middle-aged women: either they are young, or they are old (less often). The in-between doesn’t exist.
    Yes it seems just like in the movies most female characters are on their 20´s or 30´s or their 60´s and 70´s unless rare examples of women in their 40´s and 50´s but I guess MCU Aunt May could change some of this in the comics but I would not bet on it, also given his age Magneto would be old, almost 100 years, not middle aged but comics will do as comics do and most male characters have a similar body type just like the women, unless they get a little more differences or details on their physical appareance and honestly I have never seen the problem with a young looking Magneto when you have: Logan, Mystique, Captain America, Exodus,Bucky who are the same age or older than him, someway Magneto looking young is the only one who seems to be far fetched and is often used as a excuse to change his origin and I think that´s just unnecesary.

In a way this is why I am enjoying the Falcon and the Winter Soldier series not being shy in showing Bucky´s real age and how this affects his music taste and his relationships almost as much as his past with hydra so I hope to see something similar with Magneto when he gets to be part of the MCU.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-06-2021 at 02:01 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This doesn't bring up anything about Morrison

Where is this documented?

Some are convinced the narrative wants us to believe Jean wasn't good enough for Scott and it was all her fault.

But the book has Wolverine, the ultimate Fanboy Favorite, tell Scott to quit being so self pitying and to give Jean more of a chance than he has to understand his issues. This wouldn't happen if we weren't meant to sympathize with Jean as much as Scott.
    Exactly. Anyone who read that run and came away firmly on one side only missed a few things.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

I see characters like Emma Frost, Storm, and Kwannon as middle-aged.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I actually love Microbe because he was overweight.

I've found it interesting - when people call out, for example Magneto's body and muscle - but never seem to mind how perky all the women's breasts are, despite their age. (And typically the breast size... a long time ago, breast sizes weren't as... blessed... as they are now... like if you look at White Queen as she first appeared in Hellfire to now... if you look at Rogue, who looked kind of manly in UXM 158, to how she looked in the Savage Land...)
    Funny you mention that because I don't like big breasts on female characters as well. Honestly I just want characters to look like real everyday people not models but almost every male character is a hunk and almost every female character is a Victoria's Secret angel which is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 04-06-2021 at 02:19 PM.

They didnt wanted Jean around because of Scott/Emma. The moment Scott and emma ended they brought Teen Jean and Adult jean was only ressurresct with Scott being dead.

I'm not seeing anything twisted. Jean case was the same from Byrne/Scarlet Witch: Byrne wrote the story that Bendis based on Wanda and screwed the character forever.
    Writers doing bad stories always have bad consequences, there is some fault to distibute on writers of origins and editors.

If Claremont was sour with Scott abandoning his son and Maddie, for me the tipping point was the cheating on Jean and choosing Emma.
    He always treated women badly, so he isn't the same hero for me. heroes doesn't have to be perfect but Cyclops committed too many mistakes including sacrificing his friends and using kids as soldiers
    Tean (and the TDO5) was a cheap replacement for Jean, her appearance could hardly be argued to have anything to do with Scemma. I have a little sympathy for Scarlet Witch in that the story that really hurt her showed her in a poor light (the characters later rehabilitation aside) — nothing in Morrison's run set Marvel up to keep her dead or to denigrate her in any way. If Morrison holds any responsibility for Jeans absence in the years following New X-Men, it's only in writing the story that killed her. And in the story that followed he created a clear path for her to return, Marvel keeping that door closed for so long is not on Morrison.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The X-men have been using kids as soldiers since day one but it only became a problem when Cyclops did even though no one had a problem with it the week before it became an issue
    Anything to dog on our boy.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Maddie and Jean tell a different story
    Yeah, because there's no responsibility to be shared by Maddie or Jean, or context in-story, or behind-the-scenes nonsense.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Exactly. Anyone who read that run and came away firmly on one side only missed a few things.
    I read it and it was one sided. Only Scott talked about his problem with the relationship. If it wasn't one sided readers could never accept Emma and Scott pairing

Yeah, because there's no responsibility to be shared by Maddie or Jean, or context in-story, or behind-the-scenes nonsense.
    The fault is on the cheather, Scott being the common factor

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think he will start to get more action with planet size. I just don't ever want to see rightclops again. that era did to him what gold did to kitty.
    I'll be surprised if the pace actually kicks up.

How is Kitty in Gold like RightClops?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Tean (and the TDO5) was a cheap replacement for Jean, her appearance could hardly be argued to have anything to do with Scemma. I have a little sympathy for Scarlet Witch in that the story that really hurt her showed her in a poor light (the characters later rehabilitation aside) — nothing in Morrison's run set Marvel up to keep her dead or to denigrate her in any way. If Morrison holds any responsibility for Jeans absence in the years following New X-Men, it's only in writing the story that killed her. And in the story that followed he created a clear path for her to return, Marvel keeping that door closed for so long is not on Morrison.
    how do you explain teen Jean only showed up after they decided to end the pair Emma/Scott?

Also how do you explain that Jean bashing was based on Morrison's run? before it nobody thought that she held him and she wasn't good enough for him. These thought didn't formedout of thin air.

I'll be surprised if the pace actually kicks up.

How is Kitty in Gold like RightClops?
    He's not. Rightclops happened in Bendis run and in universe he was hated. He was constantly called out and his decisions put into question. He was the underdog, flawed and at times messed up but he strived to do better. He relied heavily on his team to support him and his plans and he supported them and their growth. His portrayal here was a natural progression of what had just come before for him and the line

Kitty was a Mary Sue who could do no wrong. She was never called out for anything bc she was written as the perfect leader with few flaws. Her team existed only to make her look good as their intelligence and abilities were severely downplayed. Kitty in Gold did not feel like a natural progression for anyone. She came from nowhere after being absent from the line in years and was handed off leadership at the expense of those around her

The only thing the two share in common is that they led their respective teams

how do you explain teen Jean only showed up after they decided to end the pair Emma/Scott?

Also how do you explain that Jean bashing was based on Morrison's run? before it nobody thought that she held him and she wasn't good enough for him. These thought didn't formedout of thin air.
    Coincidence? Teen Jean only existed bc Bendis wanted to write her and he came on right after AvX. Without him, the idea for the ANXMen wouldnt have happened
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-06-2021 at 02:44 PM.

I read it and it was one sided. Only Scott talked about his problem with the relationship. If it wasn't one sided readers could never accept Emma and Scott pairing

The fault is on the cheather, Scott being the common factor
    You yourself don't accept the pairing and Scemma has had many detractors throughout the years, it's hardly a one-sided issue. If anything, the perception that Scott was wholly responsible and a monster is the prevailing one so what are you talking about?

Wow, I'm against cheating, I've said before that what Scott did is cheating, that even a simple kiss is cheating, but you take it to another level. You're willing to ignore everything else I brought up, it's inconsequential?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.