Page 132 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2742
  1. #1966
    Incredible Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Even if she is more antagonistic, Hickman and Duggan are still better writers than Rosenberg, so it probably won't reach that level, honestly until i see the official solicits, i'm going to keep thinking that Emma is just another member of the team who would more morally gray.
    The solicits are probably real. But that doesn't matter. All it says is that the White Queen is scheming - boogedy boo! The last twenty-plus years are littered with countless solicits designed to mislead people about "Emma turning bad again" and other similar character teases. How people get amped about solicits in this day and age and extrapolate all sorts of crazy scenarios, especially on plot points like that where it's never true, is beyond me. It's not that serious and never has been.

  2. #1967
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    In support of this post.....

    How many chances has Mystique had again?

    Haven't the X-Men held out a hand to countless other villains, like Sabertooth, Juggernaut, and Magneto (again and again)?
    mystique ever was on a oficial team in a position of power?

    I think the same about magneto, sabertooth and juggernaut

  3. #1968
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    The solicits are probably real. But that doesn't matter. The last twenty-plus years are littered with countless solicits designed to mislead people about "Emma turning bad again" and other similar character teases. How people get amped about solicits in this day and age, especially on plot points like that where it's never true, is beyond me. It's not that serious and never has been.
    But she did go bad so there's more credence to this. The past 2 years have been about her being untrustworthy and unpredictable as far as the X-books are concerned. Her place with them isnt as firmly planted now as it was a decade ago with those teases you mention

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    mystique ever was on a oficial team in a position of power?

    I think the same about magneto, sabertooth and juggernaut
    No she's never held power but she doesnt need it to betray them, which she does all the time.

    This brings another unpopular opinion. Xavier has done worse than Emma ever has. He's more of a villian to the X-men yet continues to hold power, respected and one to follow. Many fans have double standards when it comes to him simply bc htey grew up on him being the father figure and backbone but his house was built on lies. He's a terrible person that doesnt own his sh-t

    Last edited by Havok83; 08-18-2019 at 06:40 PM.

  4. #1969
    Astonishing Member Vegan Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The X-men have always been about redemption and second chances.
    “There are some things you just shouldn’t be allowed to get away with” - Emma Frost

  5. #1970
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

    No she's never held power but she doesnt need it to betray them, which she does all the time
    Sure she doesn't need it to betray, but Emma went straight to a leadership position

  6. #1971
    Incredible Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But she did go bad so there's more credence to this. The past 2 years have been about her being untrustworthy and unpredictable as far as the X-books are concerned. Her place with them isnt as firmly planted now as it was a decade ago with those teases you mention
    Well, she's still frontburner in promotion in the new Hickman era, and she isn't a grief-stricken madwoman wrangling Sentinels (as opposed to a full on villain) or whatever it was she was doing with the Inhuman mess anymore, so I'd say she's safe. Truth be told I wasn't particularly concerned before either. As I've said before, Marvel takes characters like Emma for granted because they know they are a) morally gray and b) popular, so they feel they can push them further than some others. They made the calculation that Emma could bounce back. Does that excuse bad story, absolutely not and I'm not defending poor stories I barely bothered to glance at. But it's how that kind of editorial laziness usually works. The time to lift Emma out of the franchise and restore status quo if they wanted to was 15 years ago in Astonishing. It didn't happen. She only continued to be written for frontburner and grew in popularity. And that continued, and continued and continued. She's not going anywhere. I don't know why people worry about this stuff.

  7. #1972
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    Emma isn't that popular anymore, specially after she broke up with Scott

  8. #1973
    Incredible Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    “There are some things you just shouldn’t be allowed to get away with” - Emma Frost
    In the case of Mystique that's true. They/Logan should've killed her either for Moira or for the Marauders con in adjectiveless/Carey. They should've never let her walk free. That being said, Raven remains a fascinating villain and now that we know Moira didn't die there's some leeway, so bygones.

  9. #1974
    Incredible Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma isn't that popular anymore, specially after she broke up with Scott
    LOL, well, you keep waiting for them to kill her off or send her to Oz, and I'll start buying lottery tickets or something, and we'll see which of us lucks out first.

  10. #1975
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    LOL, well, you keep waiting for them to kill her off or send her to Oz, and I'll start buying lottery tickets or something, and we'll see which of us lucks out first.
    You are luck that she has enough writers to keep her out, but I don't see how she is so especial that can't die or be on limbo

  11. #1976
    Incredible Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You are luck that she has enough writers to keep her out, but I don't see how she is so especial that can't die or be on limbo
    You may as well start betting on Illyana dying of the Legacy Virus again. I feared they'd never bring the original Illyana back, but now that they have she's not going anywhere. Popularity talks.

  12. #1977
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    You may as well start betting on Illyana dying of the Legacy Virus again. I feared they'd never bring the original Illyana back, but now that they have she's not going anywhere. Popularity talks.
    She is really popular, but it doesn't save anyone from dying. or you are saying that Jean died because she isn't popular?

  13. #1978
    Incredible Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She is really popular, but it doesn't save anyone from dying. or you are saying that Jean died because she isn't popular?
    Jean died for a lot of reasons. And then it got baked in that she had a death/rebirth cycle, but she's always remained fundamental to the franchise. And now she's back. Again, if you want to bet on Emma or Illyana getting iced or marginalized any time soon, do you king.

  14. #1979
    BANNED spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Jean died for a lot of reasons. And then it got baked in that she had a death/rebirth cycle, but she's always remained fundamental to the franchise. And now she's back. Again, if you want to bet on Emma or Illyana getting iced or marginalized any time soon, do you king.
    Jean dead had nothing to do with death/rebirth circle and popularity didn't protected her, why will it protect Emma?

  15. #1980
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I think that makes two of us who didnít like X-Men Red. Never read Gold, so I donít have that as a point of reference though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't MIND Red, especially compared to the utter travesties that were Gold and Blue, but for it basically being a Jean solo, a lot of agency for Jean was taken away. She barely fought, she needed reinforcements at every possible turn, and won via Care Bear Stare, which is about an empty of a comic book victory as you can have.
    Gold's bad, bruh. Especially when they went cheap on the art.

    Blue > Astonishing > Red > Gold
    "Cable was right!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •