Page 171 of 657 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 9846
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Here's an opinion I've been musing over for about a month now:

HoX & PoX is kinda boring. I don't know what I was expecting, but after all these issues with intentional gaps in the story my interest has kinda fizzled. The books read like the movie Memento in that way, and I fucking hated Memento so I guess it makes sense I think HoX & PoX is kinda lame.
    Preach. House of X especially is just... dull. Powers keeps me invested via what's going on with Moira and who she is and etc, but otherwise, it's just kind of dull. I'm more excited for what's coming next.

Also, outside of Moira, none of the ideas presented have been exactly unique.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Preach. House of X especially is just... dull. Powers keeps me invested via what's going on with Moira and who she is and etc, but otherwise, it's just kind of dull. I'm more excited for what's coming next.

Also, outside of Moira, none of the ideas presented have been exactly unique.
    Dawn of X is the big thing for people now for sure, but I think I whined about it during SDCC here—I don't care for anything there either

It's weird, I really thought something else was gonna happen in HoX and PoX and I don't know why since there only, like, 6 issues each.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-10-2019 at 12:11 PM.

I mean, it's a good thing it's a weekly series.

Astonishing Member

I feel the opposite. I like all the future stuff, but don't like the Krakoa stuff much as new status quo of mutants.
    The highpoint for me so far was the Moira stuff, the retcon about the Phalanx and the transhumanist Church of Ascension as villains.

I think many mutants should have been against the Krakoa nation, but Xavier probably emotionally blackmailed them by resurrecting dead mutants they loved. As it happened with Emma and Sophie-Esme Cuckoo.

I think the spoiler police would report spoilers sooner than they would report a baby being kidnapped right in front of them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think the spoiler police would report spoilers sooner than they would report a baby being kidnapped right in front of them.
    Depends on whether the baby being kidnapped is a spoiler for unsuspecting parents or not.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm fine with Hickman changing what it meant to be an omega mutant.
    Many characters I liked lost that label and they are still awesome, they never needed that and having too many only made the title less meaningful

Sassy sinister (power of x 4) only works if he is also 90s clairmont manipulator...because then it is all a play to make people underestimate him.

I also think going a bit mad over the centuries makes sense...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Madelyn Pryor was a lousy, creepy plot device long before Jean was ever resurrected. Her being a clone that made a pact with demons made her vastly more interesting and tragic. Mostly when Claremont himself was writing her and was able to make her more sympathetic, the other writers who make her too evil to absolve Scott don't do it as well.

The X-Men are jerks for letting Scott rush into a marriage with a woman he barely knows who looks just like his dead fiance, but the narrative doesn't treat them as such for some reason.

Connected to the above, powerless Storm-as-leader was the best arc she ever had but there could have been a better way to write Scott out of the book than introducing Madelyn.

My knowledge of Sinister between Claremont and HoX/PoX is limited, but he seems way better now with the deliberate camp injected into him than he does just being seriously evil when paired with such a ludicrous design.

I'm fine with the recent Moira developments since she hadn't been used for a while anyway.

Morrison writes the best Jean, who is the heart and soul of the X-Men and at her most powerful while still having a dark edge. The original DPS, before the BS retcons, was about her repressed dark side coming to the surface, so she was never 100% a saint. Her marriage going through a rough patch, in which her husband is written as the more unsympathetic one, does not equate to a writer disliking her. Quit putting her on a pedestal, because she's so much more awesome when she isn't and is allowed to just be her.

Planet X Magneto is fine because it isn't really him, it's Sublime influencing him. It is spelled out in the book. The Xorn retcons were dumb as hell.

Cassandra Nova was the last good new X-Villain and it's been nothing but duds ever since.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I have liked parts of what Hickman has done but the far future stuff honestly bores me.

He may not be as great now but Whilce Portacio's early 90s art is severely underrated. All the hype went to Jim Lee and Liefield but Portacio did amazing work on X-Factor and Uncanny X-men. I feel that had Lee not been around, Whilce would have gotten more praised and push as the hot new talent at Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He may not be as great now but Whilce Portacio's early 90s art is severely underrated. All the hype went to Jim Lee and Liefield but Portacio did amazing work on X-Factor and Uncanny X-men. I feel that had Lee not been around, Whilce would have gotten more praised and push as the hot new talent at Marvel
    I don't think this is unpopular, I think this is just true...
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Madelyn Pryor was a lousy, creepy plot device long before Jean was ever resurrected. Her being a clone that made a pact with demons made her vastly more interesting and tragic. Mostly when Claremont himself was writing her and was able to make her more sympathetic, the other writers who make her too evil to absolve Scott don't do it as well.

The X-Men are jerks for letting Scott rush into a marriage with a woman he barely knows who looks just like his dead fiance, but the narrative doesn't treat them as such for some reason.

Connected to the above, powerless Storm-as-leader was the best arc she ever had but there could have been a better way to write Scott out of the book than introducing Madelyn.

My knowledge of Sinister between Claremont and HoX/PoX is limited, but he seems way better now with the deliberate camp injected into him than he does just being seriously evil when paired with such a ludicrous design.

I'm fine with the recent Moira developments since she hadn't been used for a while anyway.

Morrison writes the best Jean, who is the heart and soul of the X-Men and at her most powerful while still having a dark edge. The original DPS, before the BS retcons, was about her repressed dark side coming to the surface, so she was never 100% a saint. Her marriage going through a rough patch, in which her husband is written as the more unsympathetic one, does not equate to a writer disliking her. Quit putting her on a pedestal, because she's so much more awesome when she isn't and is allowed to just be her.

Planet X Magneto is fine because it isn't really him, it's Sublime influencing him. It is spelled out in the book. The Xorn retcons were dumb as hell.

Cassandra Nova was the last good new X-Villain and it's been nothing but duds ever since.
    Those are not really unpopular opinions.
    Borderline, Morrison's take on Jean I could disagree, but I didn't enjoy Morrison's run as a whole so...

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Thank you for your answer! I had never thought about some of those points. I can definitely see the "paramilitary" and "darkness" aspects being blown out of proportion even since.
    You're welcome, it's not sheer hate, I just dislike a lot of points. ^^

Mighty Member

How is it the X-men's fault that Scott married Madelyn? He is a grown ass man who decided of his own free will to marry her. He was not pressured, manipulated or forced to do it and it was something he clearly wanted to do, Scott's choices are his own. Can the man never take responsibility for his own actions, must it always be someone else to take the blame when he screws up? The X-men are absolved from any blame for Scott's marriage to Maddie, and they most certainly are not jerks for "letting" him do it. That was all on him, the X-men have their own lives to live, it's not their job to watch or manage Scott's decisions. And it's not their fault for his actions, it's all on him.

BANNED

Firing truths like a damn machine gun. Hickman bless you.