The biggest "unpopular" opinion I have is that the early 90s X-Men uniforms were completely flawless. I felt like every costume was a natural extension of the characters wearing them. I firmly believe that no human will ever be capable of designing better looking, more interesting costumes. Which leads me to the main complaint I have: STOP CHANGING COSTUMES!!! I hate (HATE!!) that most superheroes seem allowed to keep their costumes and colors with only minor changes and tweaks to them. But yet it seems that there is some unwritten law that deems the X-Men MUST get new uniforms every few years. Few things kill my interest more quickly than having to read about characters in a visual medium that are no longer interesting or appealing to look at. Marvel believes new costumes somehow keep things "fresh" but that belief most certainly does not apply to me. If I am reading a comic then visual recognition/admiration is essential. I can not name one costume change since 1995 that I felt benefitted or "fit" the character better than what they had previously.

If it were up to me, I would hold a poll and ask the fans which uniforms they liked best. Whichever costumes won, they would then become the official definitive uniforms such as Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, etc. get to have (again with only minor tweaks) and would only change temporarily to fit certain storylines (such as space suits). But I want permanent, iconic uniforms for all the X-Men instead of people who believe that they have something to prove by coming in and ruining a characters appearance every 4 years with their own crappy, inferior designs. Save that stuff for the alternate universe books and leave the main X-book uniforms alone!