Page 265 of 663 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Honestly I'd rather him on art in that book, than what we got.I didnt say he was the best, so many artists could have done better.Will Conrad, Mike Choi, Carlos Pacheco,Paco Medina many others .The guy they got on pencils ,John Romita-I beleive it was, was beyond horrible! Like I mean you got from Clay Mann on Age of X(the year before) or Magneto Not a Hero(in the same year) to that?? SMH
    I think he is only better than the artist on falling angels..

Tracing is really bad to get a story, he ruined Gillen's Uncanny.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think he is only better than the artist on falling angels..

Tracing is really bad to get a story, he ruined Gillen's Uncanny.
    The weird thing is that he wasn't so bad on Might Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The weird thing is that he wasn't so bad on Might Avengers
    he was pretty bad on male black characters. Another artist could have been better here too. Al ewing have been paired with bad artists for some time. When he got a good one on Hulk it got to be a hit

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    he was pretty bad on male black characters. Another artist could have been better here too. Al ewing have been paired with bad artists for some time. When he got a good one on Hulk it got to be a hit
    God, I love Al Ewing! I can't wait for him and Hickman to get into an event together and just go weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would posit that the people who designed Sentinels didn't really care all that much about 'protecting humans' for all their rhetoric. Like most supremacists, they seem perfectly willing to kill not only 'the other,' but also of their own kind that don't board the hate-train with them. The Sentinels have exactly zero defensive or protective utility, it seems, and if they are feared, even by normal humans, that's a feature, not a bug, since the designers want humans to live in fear, and to blame mutants for that fear, and, by their logic, these scary giant robots wouldn't be around if not for mutants...
    When Bolivar Trask made them he wasn't in 'supremacist' mode. He legitimately thought mutants were a threat to the human race, and thought that Sentinels would be kind of like police on every corner keeping mutants from acting up. The problem was he was not a roboticist and programmed them really badly. And the people who came after him were DEFINITELY supremacists.

Remember when Bastion brought him back to life as some kind of cyborg thing? They congratulated him on having the highest mutant kill count, but he was horrified. He committed suicide the instant he had free will.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Bingo, the Sentinels are looming symbols of fear. To mutants they represent oppression, suffering, and extinction. And as you said, to humans they indicate to them that their world is dangerous and should be fearful in response. For the story the X-Men brand is telling, their size makes sense. I do think Rev9's idea of having piloted Sentinels should be more common (both the giant and Iron Man suit types). Why? Because that'd be another piece of propaganda the hateful could use ("Rise up to protect your people!" and "Save Humanity" type of rhetoric, for example). Another wrinkle in the narrative, another challenge for our heroes to overcome.
    Weren't there piloted Sentinels once? I think they were used for non-X-men related military projects for a while, but all of the pilots died when the nano Sentinels showed up and infected the robot suits, making them total robots.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Weren't there piloted Sentinels once? I think they were used for non-X-men related military projects for a while, but all of the pilots died when the nano Sentinels showed up and infected the robot suits, making them total robots.
    On civil war sentinels where piloted by humans

BANNED

Most of these DoX books are actually pretty bad but they’re fun to read. Don’t @ me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Most of these DoX books are actually pretty bad but they’re fun to read. Don’t @ me.
    I think the best part of the current books is coming to forums like this to freak out about them.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Selene should have her own book called Daughters of the Moon in which she establishes a femmepremacy that seeks to usurp power from the vacuum that the eventual downfall of Man's Krakoa will create. A nice wolf in granny's clothing story that rallies her adopted daughters together- Magma, Rachel, Threnody, Storm, Nekra, Margali Szardos, Blink, Firestar etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Selene should have her own book called Daughters of the Moon in which she establishes a femmepremacy that seeks to usurp power from the vacuum that the eventual downfall of Man's Krakoa will create. A nice wolf in granny's clothing story that rallies her adopted daughters together- Magma, Rachel, Threnody, Storm, Nekra, Margali Szardos, Blink, Firestar etc.
    Isn't this Maruaders?

BANNED

This shouldn’t be controversial. People don’t know what’s good.

Dont forget Mortis

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Isn't this Maruaders?
    Marauders is just sex working misfits blowing off steam by causing gay crimes that are in fact little more than errands lists for mx.sinister.
    Oops I mean - that's hellions!

BANNED

can we just send magma to the same farm upstate butterum lives in now? empath as well please

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dont forget Mortis
    Even Selene understands that Mortis is a total failure. The only person to truly inspire her is Dazzler.