Page 269 of 655 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 9824
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It happened in the past… for the first time. It was fun, light. It was a discovery.
    no , no no, you said "I MISS THE SAVAGE LAND AND SPACE" you didnt say "oh i miss discoveries" lets get it together, cause you said the first and it has happened in x-men/new mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    no , no no, you said "I MISS THE SAVAGE LAND AND SPACE" you didnt say "oh i miss discoveries" lets get it together, cause you said the first and it has happened in x-men/new mutants
    Oh, sorry ! I didn't express myself well. Now, everything has to be a part of a grand scheme. When you are in a mission, you have to obey to your chief, it's very serious…
    Right, I suppose they try to do it with New Mutants… More levity…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

I have a problem with the way Legion is always portrayed as a psycho:First I think they should delve into how his MPD came about.
    Second I think there should be a story where he is not fixed but his personalities are reduced from 100 or 300 to just 4 Uber powerful ones,kind of making him refer to himself in plural like the cookoos do but he always says ... 'Name of persona' of the quadrinity.Kind of like the X books own Living Tribunal

Let me re- post a post I made on this forum on another thread about my idea.

Moira after her sixth life realized mutants did not need to play by the rules since the humans didn’t,A little back story part of the reason why Moira was the guise of Legion’s reality warping mutant in Age of X was because in life four or five Moira in fact helped Xavier suppress David’s true power which was warping reality with a single thought. I’ve personally always wanted to streamline Legion as powerful mutant, the idea of a schizophrenic, chaotic mutant has an appeal but to me a better story would be that he was not initially that way but became that way(with MPD) as a means to an end. I want Marvel to get its own version of Dr Manhattan and I think retelling Legion’s backstory would go a long way to make him the powerhouse he is and was meant to be.I feel I have the nuts and bolts of the idea.

We start out with Legion as a child seeming almost god incarnate because anything he thought of came to pass immediately.This observation scared Xavier because he realized this was a nuclear level mutant, and the dangers of not curbing this power early on would be catastrophic, It is not that Legion was bad but his every whim manifested in reality meaning Xavier has to find a way to delineate David’s power, otherwise he would have another Matthew Malloy scenario on his hands. He and Moira studied how the mind works and decided to train David to fracture his mental landscape from just one omnipotent personality ‘Ex Nihilo’ into four that way a multiplicity of personalities with their own identity would never act in unison and would provide some sort of check and balance. What was important was to make Legion believe he had an active imagination and once the subconscious aspects of his godlike power were given conscious identity then it would set off a chain reaction.
    To simplify and streamline the multitude of personalites ,I came up with 4 each reflecting a fundamental power or function in the universe.The other hundreds of personalities if Xmen books choose to keep them are just iterations of these four personalities. I call them collectively the Qaudrinity.

The first is SOURCE CODE , its domain is the domain of information exchange at micro level or will, thought, soul if you will-the anima of any sentient being,or even machine at macro level, psionics, telepathy,mind control, techopathy are his domain.

The second is MATRIX it controls all form in the universe, by form I mean matter, dark matter ,anti-matter and quantum particles. He is basically the master of all forms of matter constructs and matter manipulation in all forms and states.

The third is FLUX it controls all forces and energies in the universe, heat,sound,electromagnetic, gravitational, entropy itself. So any form of energy manipulation, creation or changing is its domain.

The fourth and final PRIME POINT it is the personality that controls space-time dimension, all powers of temporal or spatial control are its plaything.

In my rendition once the one powerhouse split into four, all David’s thoughts first materialized in a mental landscape as new ideas or constructs but not immediately occurred in the real world, they only do so through an iteration of a persona, but that is still a delay in time and scope of the ex-Nihilo and as the quadrinity individually or in concert gave birth to more personalities those personalities though powerful were again a step down from the original. In effect what Xavier and Moira did was to make a sum smaller than the parts by setting of a cascade of mental fracturing, that cost David his sanity but saved the world.

At some point I think it would be nice to have Legion go through some event where the hundreds of personalities coalesce back into the quadrinity, Where Legion be shown to be more in control, or more like a vessel for 4 powerful entities, kind of like Apocalypse with the horsemen but all in one vessel on a much more cosmic scale. Since they are all god like entities , his thought process could be seen as impartial, utilitarian and egalitarian. I would love to see Legion in those terms as fully functional and rational instead of always showing him as an unstable nutjob!
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-26-2020 at 02:05 AM.

BANNED

Current era X-Men is proof that Inhumans would be popular if their character designs weren't so lame.

They are basically the same conceptually, except the mutants have the cool characters.

I would add restrictions no Mutants on more than one team, no more creating new Mutants instead use Mutants already created. New Mutants would be focused solely only on the 1st and Second Generation of New Mutants a.k.a. Sunspot, Magik, Rahne, Mirage, Karma, Cypher, Magma, Cannonball, Wind Dancer, Wallflower, Surge, Elixir, Prodigy and Icarus. While the Hellions comic would focus on the original Hellions and the New Hellions, Warpath, Empath, Catseye, Tarot, Roulette, Jetstream, Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Wither, Tag, and Rockslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Current era X-Men is proof that Inhumans would be popular if their character designs weren't so lame.

They are basically the same conceptually, except the mutants have the cool characters.
    I don't think so. Were the Inhumans feared and hunted? A large part of Hickman's run appeal is the revenge thing.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Fantastic Member

I wouldn't call it revenge and more like an actual stand.

If they didn't angered X-men fans, it could had worked out. They should had done a slow build up

No it's not.They are far from being conceptually same. They DON'T have history like X-Men DoX and HoX /POX are all influenced by them.

They don't have Nimrod, Master Mold, Bastion, Apocalypse
    They DONT have cool characters to make them versatile

BANNED

the mansion is a plague and im completly fine with it being gone forever OR. important for one team at best

the mansion is a plague and im completly fine with it being gone forever OR. important for one team at best
    Since it’s a habitat now, they don’t even have to get rid of Krakoa if they wanna have stories set there. Hell, that’s what Giant-Size Nightcrawler’s gonna be about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Since it’s a habitat now, they don’t even have to get rid of Krakoa if they wanna have stories set there. Hell, that’s what Giant-Size Nightcrawler’s gonna be about.
    im fine with a more traditional book there, but people that want krakoa gone are blind to the immensly positive effect it has had in the x-men line.
    we finally have a canvas big enough to hold everyone and everything the x-men are and can be, and keep a level of conection betwen it all.
    I willl never forget how after schism we had 3 teams shoved into the mansion with minimal conection betwen the 3, when they all lived in the same freaking house

Yeah I feel like they should eventually reestablish the school anyway. It just makes sense, aren't the Krakoan kids getting any education?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Agreed. First on the list of wasted space-taking X-characters.
    Wasted space characters!! Hell yeah I love that idea. There are quite a few I would amalgamate and get rid of the rest. I got a list of wasted characters

im fine with a more traditional book there, but people that want krakoa gone are blind to the immensly positive effect it has had in the x-men line.
    we finally have a canvas big enough to hold everyone and everything the x-men are and can be, and keep a level of conection betwen it all.
    I willl never forget how after schism we had 3 teams shoved into the mansion with minimal conection betwen the 3, when they all lived in the same freaking house
    How is that any different then what is going on now? There really isn't much interconnectivity between the books after Xavier died and came back. Even before Krakoa they were doing space stories and the occasional weird stuff a la Excalibur. The island just doesn't feel much different than the mansion in practice, just letting the villains have a bigger say.