Page 276 of 657 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 9843

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    That is weak at best. New readers wouldnt even know who the Guthrie's are. Just like its mentioned that Aero is the sister of Cannonball and Husk, the same impact would be there with a splash page or page reminiscent of Wind dancers feats. She had more story and more history in the Xbooks
    Lapsed readers however, might not have much of a clue about Aero or Wind Dancer, but are much more likely to know who Cannonball is - he's been semi-prominent without much of a break for decades.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Ted Roberts is Jean Grey's old beau from college, ergo sarcastic symmetry with Wolverine's old flame.

And I imagine that a successful Jean/Wolerine would be very "boring" for Scott fans regardless of the angle they took on it lol
    I don't know I like the idea of Jean and Warren myself. I would rather everyone move on from the square. But people who thought scott/Jean were boring would probably think Jean/Warren would be boring. The whole sizzling opposites attract thing has never been accomplished in my humble opinion like it has been with RoLo at least in chemistry and I might as well admit where the grudging part comes from - I think they just did the Ororo thing because he and Scott had a pissing match and Logan suffered in it so they put them together and the fact that Storm appeared to want more and he didn't despite it being a supposed open relationship made her look too lovesick as opposed to what Claremont did with it. My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I don't know I like the idea of Jean and Warren myself. I would rather everyone move on from the square. But people who thought scott/Jean were boring would probably think Jean/Warren would be boring. The whole sizzling opposites attract thing has never been accomplished in my humble opinion like it has been with RoLo at least in chemistry and I might as well admit where the grudging part comes from - I think they just did the Ororo thing because he and Scott had a pissing match and Logan suffered in it so they put them together and the fact that Storm appeared to want more and he didn't despite it being a supposed open relationship made her look too lovesick as opposed to what Claremont did with it. My two cents.
    ororo and Logan were more compatible for sure than logan/jean. I think they made Ororo more into Logan, so his dead would be more felt and add more drama into it.
    I don't really see Jean or Logan into a long term relationship

warren and Jean would be too perfect to even work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Ted Roberts is Jean Grey's old beau from college, ergo sarcastic symmetry with Wolverine's old flame.

And I imagine that a successful Jean/Wolerine would be very "boring" for Scott fans regardless of the angle they took on it lol
    more like:

And I imagine that a successful Jean/anydude would be very "boring" for Scott fans regardless of the angle they took on it lol

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And I imagine that a successful Jean/anydude would be very "boring" for Scott fans regardless of the angle they took on it lol

I don't wanna see Jean with anybody other than Scott. If she's NOT with Scott then she might as well be DEAD.

What's she gonna do without Scott anyways? She can't go anywhere else.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I don't wanna see Jean with anybody other than Scott. If she's NOT with Scott then she might as well be DEAD.

She and Scott are already over, there is nothing to do with them anymore.

why Scott can explore othr relationships and jean can't? no sense, there is a lot for jean explore on non toxic relationships

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Yikes! Thats a sad view to have of her. Im with you in wanting her with Scott but there's more to her than being his eye candy. We saw what she could do without him and that was lead the X-men and mutantkind. Great ideas were being developed for her before they got shelved for AoX and then HoX

She and Scott are already over, there is nothing to do with them anymore.

why Scott can explore othr relationships and jean can't? no sense, there is a lot for jean explore on non toxic relationships
    They arent over as they are together as a couple in DoX even if they extent has not been detailed. I think its fairly safe to assume that they have resumed a relationship of some sorts

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

They arent over as they are together as a couple in DoX even if they extent has not been detailed. I think its fairly safe to assume that they have resumed a relationship of some sorts
    Of course they are back together, but it feels and look very dead. There is nothing natural or believable about it

Of course they are back together, but it feels and look very dead. There is nothing natural or believable about it
    I think its largely bc its hasnt been defined. It is way on the backburner and there's been zero development. Im not a fan of how its been handled bc its dry with no memorable moments to latch onto.

I think its largely bc its hasnt been defined. It is way on the backburner and there's been zero development. Im not a fan of how its been handled bc its dry with no memorable moments to latch onto.
    Hickman only mashed them together without any buildup and developments.

I simply don't see a writing that can save it from the fact that Scott icheated on jean and she continues to love him, that is a abusive one sided relationship
    And Hickman isn't the one to write romances

BANNED

Yuck. Please don't define Jott. Leave it off panel.

Between White and Hickman, it would just be Jean yelling "Scott" in all caps with an exclamation point and then failing at whatever she was trying to do.

Do we really need even more of that?

ororo and Logan were more compatible for sure than logan/jean. I think they made Ororo more into Logan, so his dead would be more felt and add more drama into it.
    I don't really see Jean or Logan into a long term relationship

warren and Jean would be too perfect to even work.

more like:

Lolol all too true, spirit.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-24-2020 at 04:26 PM.

I find that the Cult of X is a stupid concept and makes no sense within even the X-books alone. They were presented as people who heard Xavier’s message to the world in their heads and as a result viewed mutants as gods. This makes no sense considering that not only are telepaths a well known thing that exists but it’s not even the first time a message to the world has been done by a telepath. Hell, iirc Nate did a message to the world back in X-Men Disassembled and that was at most a year before Xavier.

We could have easily simply had humans who were completely supportive of what mutantkind is doing rather than those who worship them. But I guess we had to add more creepy and disturbing on top of the creepy aspects of Krakoa.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 03-24-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Yikes! Thats a sad view to have of her. Im with you in wanting her with Scott but there's more to her than being his eye candy. We saw what she could do without him and that was lead the X-men and mutantkind. Great ideas were being developed for her before they got shelved for AoX and then HoX

I'm was just joking for the most part. Practicing my Jott Stan imitation.

IDC who she's with as long as it's not Logan or Stark...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I find that the Cult of X is a stupid concept and makes no sense within even the X-books alone. They were presented as people who heard Xavier’s message to the world in their heads and as a result viewed mutants as gods. This makes no sense considering that not only are telepaths a well known thing that exists but it’s not even the first time a message to the world has been done by a telepath. Hell, iirc Nate did a message to the world back in X-Men Disassembled and that was at most a year before Xavier.

We could have easily simply had humans who were completely supportive of what mutantkind is doing rather than those who worship them. But I guess we had to add more creepy and disturbing on top of the creepy aspects of Krakoa.
    Not a fan of the relaunch as a whole(agree on the creepy), but I took the Cult of X thing as a bit of meta commentary on the nature of some fans in real life to basically worship the X-related characters in general and aspects of this event specifically.

As an example, this board in particular largely seems to be interpreting everything Hickman and Co. do as either divine scripture or heresy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post

Well, it wasn't just the voice in their head. The next step was Xavier introducing a cure-all drug and mutants being more eager to accept their evolutionary role. People have joined cults for less.

Okay I have read a few threads and what people think on this...and a lot of people absolutely hate it...so pls don’t attack me...I literally in middle school.(this is only meant for numbe 1.)

Okay!

1. I really really really want 100% with all of my heart for Rogue and Magneto to get together! I really just wish they were
    together! I just wish that Rogue and Gambit would get a divorce...then Rogneto could happen...

2. I really hate the fact that Marvel said that Pietro and Wanda are no longer Magneto’s kids like...wtf? They’ve been his children for so long that whenever I think of them I think about Magneto. I just...I CANT accept it. They will always be his in my heart...even though Magneto was kinda a very very bad parent to them at times...but sometimes he was a good parent...kinda I guess.....

All of this is IMHO, of course. Pls nobody attack me! I love everybody!(Except humans, because human suck! Except for the ones that worship mutants...I love them!)