Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Alex Summers: Havok Appreciation 2024 Cry Havok 4 the Nexus being Goblin Prince

An appreciation thread for the cosmic radiation absorbing nexus of reality former leader of X-men, Avengers, X-Factor, Brotherhood of Mutants, and the Six squads. Loved a lot of his looks, not the biggest fan of the OG headgear, but I like the blue and yellow X-Factor look, or the black suit with the red gauntlets or the Loracca silver and black look. My favorite male mutant since the Outback era. I am really enjoying his relationship with Maddy since Outback Era/Inferno. I am hoping whatever book Alex lands on next they address that he has two kids in alternate realities, Scottie with Maddy in Mutant X universe and Katie who has the Wasp Janet Van Dyne as her mother. They also need to resolve the mental issues from previous bad incarnations and the zombiefication in Dark X-men.

BANNED

How many nexus of reality does that make for the X-Men now?

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for Alex Summers: Havok (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-06-2024 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Hey Havok-fam. Can y'all tell me some of your favorite Havok arcs / portrayals?
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Ultimate Member

They need to heal Alex and get him away from Maddy.

Astonishing Member

OG headgear all the way! Accept no substitutes!

Also, his black costume is non-reflective -- absolute blackness. Finally, the 'target' symbol is a gauge of his power -- should always display a perfect circle from all angles.

Astonishing Member

His appearance in Marvel Team-Up is great. It had me going for a bit when Lorna got blasted off a cliff at Muir Island. It's a shame, though, that Polaris wasn't the featured character in the second story. Instead we just got Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Hopefully this counts, but I'll always remember the time when Alex talked Maddy down from making a rash decision...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-16-2024 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post

Outback era

All of the Vulcan/Shi'ar/War of Kings series in space

The Planet X/Avenge the Earth arc in Uncanny Avengers

Hellions -- though the broke-brain Havok narrative, which seems to now be replaced by stabbed-in-the-neck zombie Havok, gets to be a drag

Seems like he should have a role in the Fall/Rise comics, but Gillen doesn't seem interested in the character

Astonishing Member

Outback era Claremont made magic between Alex and Maddy
    Inferno - I felt Alex when he blasted Scott for abandoning Maddy the Goblin Prince
    War of Kings Alex shines when out of Scott's shadow
    Mutant X - Alex trives when out of Scott's shadow
    Hellions didn't love broke brain Alex but that made his drive to save Maddy even more moving (it needs to end now)
    I liked the Head of the Brotherhood (those it was deep cover I always enjoy the idea of Alex not just following Scott's lead)

Honorable mention Peter David's X-Factor, Larocca's X-men team where Alex was the leader, don't like zombie Alex in Dark X-men but at least he was in a book and with Maddy. Uncanny Avengers was alright

^^^Speaking of X-Factor from PAD, one of my favorite moments was when Alex spent some quality-time with his mysterious head-shrinker from X-Factor #87 (XD)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-16-2024 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^Speaking of X-Factor from PAD, one of my favorite moments was when Alex spent some quality-time with his mysterious head-shrinker from X-Factor #87 (XD)
    Thanks for posting that. I always felt Alex got the short end of the stick in the Doc Samson therapy issue but Peter David gave Alex good moments there. I just remember how powerful the Pietro and Lorna sessions were and being jealous of that; they gave me a new perspective on both of them
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 02-17-2024 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

art by Gardenio Lima Havok Polaris

I'm scared to look. Is Alex still being treated like a pathetic loser?

I miss X-Factor Alex
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-06-2024 at 05:21 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    OG headgear all the way! Accept no substitutes!

Also, his black costume is non-reflective -- absolute blackness. Finally, the 'target' symbol is a gauge of his power -- should always display a perfect circle from all angles.
    I am also pro-headgear but found the artistic expressive portrayal of them as energy beams when Alex is powered up and projecting as seen in HAVOK & WOLVERINE:MELTDOWN by Jon J Muth...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.