Page 595 of 663 FirstFirst ... 95495545585591592593594595596597598599605645 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 9936

Oh and while i'm freeing myself, yes claremont hinted at changes to beast via Sage's forgotten power to realize a mutant's full potential but the actual realization of it was a$$ ugly. Cat beast is the WORST he ever looked and even though i have a feline, no one trusts a cat so i can understand why Beast became more like dark Beast. It was just an awful design i remember that one mini i can't even remember what it was about but beast looked like a horse/ anteater hybrid with long hair. Some looks just don't work for every character.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm about to commit apparent blasphemy but i'm loyal to a good writer and ride or die. When i say i read 85% of Xmen stuff i only read like 20% of morrison stuff and i didn't read whedon stuff until after it finished. I was one of the undesirables, YES, i was one of the ones who followed Claremont's runs and didn't consider him the "side" writer during the Morrison and Whedon years, his book was the main line to me because it was the book that i would go to buy and got the quality i was looking for. Random unpopular opinion confession.

I did try it though, Morrison run in particular was not for me. Some standout issues but hey, i consider it what everyone expects to win an oscar with.
    Controversial, but understandable

Oh and while i'm freeing myself, yes claremont hinted at changes to beast via Sage's forgotten power to realize a mutant's full potential but the actual realization of it was a$$ ugly. Cat beast is the WORST he ever looked and even though i have a feline, no one trusts a cat so i can understand why Beast became more like dark Beast. It was just an awful design i remember that one mini i can't even remember what it was about but beast looked like a horse/ anteater hybrid with long hair. Some looks just don't work for every character.
    Wasn't it the SWORD mini ? Steven Sanders really defended is big-snooted lion Beast. It was kinda distracting.
    Claremont "hinted" the Beast design because it was already in place when he started X-treme and he wanted to make sence of the transition from X-treme monkey-beast to New lion-beast.

I am really enjoying the X-cellent. I seem to be the only one but it's a nice little trip. ^_^ Issue 3 was beautifully drawn.

theexcellent.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Wasn't it the SWORD mini ? Steven Sanders really defended is big-snooted lion Beast. It was kinda distracting.
    Claremont "hinted" the Beast design because it was already in place when he started X-treme and he wanted to make sence of the transition from X-treme monkey-beast to New lion-beast.
    ahhh, thanks for the clarity.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

now is the time for krakoa to start allowing tours of krakoa to humans or setting up an outreach program. At this point i feel enough exists and there has been enough time that in order to get in front of suspicions and given the system that should be pretty advanced now after two hell fire galas to know what humans are being allowed in (no different than people visiting other countries and going through proper channels or applying for a visa) I think some parts were kept isolated to build the story but i also think in part it was kept isolated to pull the kill switch so now it's time to start integrating into the MU. like maybe misty applying for a visa to use a gate to visit kitty and them and we find out like the visa expires and your expected to have exited the gate on the day.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I am really enjoying the X-cellent. I seem to be the only one but it's a nice little trip. ^_^ Issue 3 was beautifully drawn.

theexcellent.jpg
    It's very much a return to what X-Statix was in the old days.

Astonishing Member

now is the time for krakoa to start allowing tours of krakoa to humans or setting up an outreach program. At this point i feel enough exists and there has been enough time that in order to get in front of suspicions and given the system that should be pretty advanced now after two hell fire galas to know what humans are being allowed in (no different than people visiting other countries and going through proper channels or applying for a visa) I think some parts were kept isolated to build the story but i also think in part it was kept isolated to pull the kill switch so now it's time to start integrating into the MU. like maybe misty applying for a visa to use a gate to visit kitty and them and we find out like the visa expires and your expected to have exited the gate on the day.
    Yep I think this is a good idea, it helps to enrich potential narratives and at least gives Krakoa an excuse for having atrocious security

I don't think that would be wise with the resurrection protocols still being a secret which may or may not change with judgment day. Krakoa feels like an ethnostate (before someone educates me why this isn't true I said feels like, not the same) so I want Krakoa to better integrate with the rest of the world but if someone sees or hears a mutants passing and the person sees the mutant again alive and well it'll create suspicions. They can alter the witnesses minds of course but that's not ethical now is it. Sooner or later the secret has to come out one way or another for Krakoa to open up to the rest of the world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I don't think that would be wise with the resurrection protocols still being a secret which may or may not change with judgment day. Krakoa feels like an ethnostate (before someone educates me why this isn't true I said feels like, not the same) so I want Krakoa to better integrate with the rest of the world but if someone sees or hears a mutants passing and the person sees the mutant again alive and well it'll create suspicions. They can alter the witnesses minds of course but that's not ethical now is it. Sooner or later the secret has to come out one way or another for Krakoa to open up to the rest of the world.
    Definitely one way or another the protocols will become public knowledge unless they are scrapped by mutants in the aftermath of A.X.E

Because of the Hesiod Protocols, any AI would be justified in launching a preventive attack on Krakoa.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Because of the Hesiod Protocols, any AI would be justified in launching a preventive attack on Krakoa.
    Very curious how those will presumably mean mutants will eventually be forced to try to kill Vision and Viv. Esp since it's not dissimilar to the Eternals reasons for being against mutants

Astonishing Member

As much I despise the Quiet Council I feel obligated to point out that the Hesiod Protocols specifically calls for the monitoring of and preparation for destruction of AI withanti-mutant protocols, not all AI in existence. At least according to Hellions #8

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Anti-mutant could be interpreted lots of ways

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I'm about to commit apparent blasphemy but i'm loyal to a good writer and ride or die. When i say i read 85% of Xmen stuff i only read like 20% of morrison stuff and i didn't read whedon stuff until after it finished. I was one of the undesirables, YES, i was one of the ones who followed Claremont's runs and didn't consider him the "side" writer during the Morrison and Whedon years, his book was the main line to me because it was the book that i would go to buy and got the quality i was looking for. Random unpopular opinion confession.

I did try it though, Morrison run in particular was not for me. Some standout issues but hey, i consider it what everyone expects to win an oscar with.
    Honest question, how much of that had to do with Storm