Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
Agreed. I don’t mind the prospect of mutants not being pushed to near extinction but one thing that House of X and Power of X really feels like it’s lacking is the heart, the very thing that makes you want to root for the X-Men whether they’re at their highest or lowest point. Instead, that heart has been replaced with cultist mentality that’s just cold and distant. Hell even Xavier, while he hasn’t been exactly been a saint, just feels entirely like a villain (ironically comparable to Maker’s personality). I look at the X-Men in these minis and I can’t even recognize them.
Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
It's more or less the reason I stopped reading new X-men comics… I don't like this 'racial' mentality… it's fine to fight for your rights but they are universal rights: freedom, equality, solidarity, respect… Something that can be shared by every human being, it's inclusive. When they chose the 'race' over these values (like with Creed…), they are not anymore the X-men I like.
(I liked Charles Xavier… not this new one.)
Ditto. I'm actually kind of rooting for them to go back to the usual status quo. Everything about the X-Men has just been so cold and emotionless, in recent years. These writers really need to lighten up the tone.