~~I like Magneto as a hard-ass hero. I want him to stay with the X-Men. I know in "real life" Marvel and the X-Office need to compromise, and keep him in the gray zone, and it's probably the best I'll get in the comics. But I think Mags makes an excellent X-Men character, with his Holocaust history, his memories and history as an antagonist, his intellect and mood disorders intact.

~~Morrison's run was the low point of the X-Men franchise. He needed discipline, from editorial but also self-discipline, and without it he ended up writing narcissistic fan-fiction.

~~I think Matt Fraction was excellent and quietly revolutionary in the way he portrayed the X-Men--the way forward was started by Ed Brubaker and carried on by Fraction--but I think he did something no writer before him, except Claremont during the Outback period had done. He got the X-Men out of Westchester, and into a new paradigm, including the rise of Scott Summers as a true leader. He was dealt lemons after Decimation, and he made lemonade. Very annoyed at all the negativity about his X-Men run. He's one of the great comic book writers alive today, and we are so lucky he spent some time in the X-Men universe.

~~Xavier is a petty, fascist jackass. He can push all his negative impulses into a corner of his mind and call it "Dark Xavier" but Dark Xavier is still him.

~~Storm needs to be free. Free of boyfriends and husbands and kids and teens. Marvel has a hard time understanding strong female characters who aren't nurturers, teachers, and wheelchair pushers. Storm's power needs to be unleashed, and she needs to tell kids, and Xavier's Way, and everyone, to kiss off while she rides the winds and acts like the complex hero she is.

~~Adult Jean Gray needs to return but Scott stays with Emma. Like in real life, sometimes you gotta work with your ex and his new S.O.

~~I like the displaced O5 teens, but dammit, there needs to be an explanation as to how they're still here while all their adult counterparts exist, and have memories and experiences from the time the teens jumped to the future. Every time I see one of the teen O5 I just get so frustrated and I can't enjoy the story. Keep it simple, Marvel. Occam's Razor. They're from a parallel timeline that is as thin as a slice of onion skin apart from Marvel 616-NOW. That's it. Over. Done.

~~Quicksilver needs to be a mutant again, and Magneto's son again, and back with the X-Men books again.

~~Wanda Maximoff needs to be a mutant again, Magneto's daughter again, and put on trial for crimes against mutants, and imprisoned.

~~I like Beast just as he is--complicated, good and bad in turns, filled with anger and hate but also generosity of spirit. Incompetent sometimes, brilliant other times. I'd like to see him mutate again.

~~Joseph is being wasted. With his long, white hair, youth, and smooth evil manner; he needs to take Magneto's place as Marvel's magnetic villain (with Mags still alive, just not a villain any longer). Most fans are tired of Magneto going back and forth, good then dark again with the bwahaha "I'm going to conquer the world" bullsh*t. Keep Magnus where he is now, and unleash the Joseph.