Page 72 of 663 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 9936
    BANNED

Everyone including the fans are just going through the motions. Marvel & DC should've been shut down years ago.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Everyone including the fans are just going through the motions. Marvel & DC should've been shut down years ago.
    Hey I don't come to the controversial opinions thread and try to "Prove people wrong" or "Say I disagree with you/you're opinion... blah blah blah" so forgive me for
    questioning this one.
    Yet... I'm really curious to know more, if you have second.
    1. What makes you feel this way.
    2. How are "fans" going through the motions exactly?

3. and most importantly what... What would have to happen for you to feel differently about this?

I look here often but I find myself buying more manga and less X-books. I feel like I'm an x-fan at heart but the cycle of extinction event~reset~ad-nausea has me down on the franchise.

Do tell you're perspective if your so inclined.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Nah. While I understand the sentiment, what they really need is better management. And editors who aren't wedded to the storytelling conventions of the monthly magazine format.

What they need to is let their characters age, progress, and eventually retire and die. Then, either start over and reinvent the franchise for a new generation or move on to new characters.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

I think the people who ship JeanxSteve Rogers, which apparently seems to be quite a few, are undersestimating exactly how old and out-of-touch Cap is.

And how fiery Jean is.

I get that there are similarities between Steve and classic Scott, but no.

If we’re talking potential ships with Jean, (outside of Scott) it’s actually pretty difficult.
    She kinda raises the bar.

I see her with a georgous, well-spoken statesman who can legitimately be down with the mutant cause, doesn’t have a problematic relationship history, and can handle her...wild side.
    And that’s a pretty short list.

Namor - not serious.
    Black Panther - romantic history with her best friend
    Kurt - romantic history with her daughter from an alternate dimension
    Thor - maybe
    Silver Surfer - maybe
    Falcon - maybe

No one really nails it for me (her).
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

I prefer EmmaxScott and LoganxOroro over a Scott/Jean/Logan love triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Nah. While I understand the sentiment, what they really need is better management. And editors who aren't wedded to the storytelling conventions of the monthly magazine format.

What they need to is let their characters age, progress, and eventually retire and die. Then, either start over and reinvent the franchise for a new generation or move on to new characters.
    lol. That's like telling oil companies they should divest in petroleum and reconfigure for sustainable free energy!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Hey I don't come to the controversial opinions thread and try to "Prove people wrong" or "Say I disagree with you/you're opinion... blah blah blah" so forgive me for
    questioning this one.
    Yet... I'm really curious to know more, if you have second.
    1. What makes you feel this way.
    2. How are "fans" going through the motions exactly?

3. and most importantly what... What would have to happen for you to feel differently about this?

I look here often but I find myself buying more manga and less X-books. I feel like I'm an x-fan at heart but the cycle of extinction event~reset~ad-nausea has me down on the franchise.

Do tell you're perspective if your so inclined.
    The way people bitch & moan and the companies never change. Fans will continue to buy comics regardless if they like them or not because of compulsion. DC & Marvel are stuck in an "event every three months...major events every six month" cycle. The prices are going up and the quality is going down. There hasn't been money in print media for more than 30 years.

The quality would have to change

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    I think the people who ship JeanxSteve Rogers, which apparently seems to be quite a few, are undersestimating exactly how old and out-of-touch Cap is.

And how fiery Jean is.

I get that there are similarities between Steve and classic Scott, but no.

If we’re talking potential ships with Jean, (outside of Scott) it’s actually pretty difficult.
    She kinda raises the bar.

I see her with a georgous, well-spoken statesman who can legitimately be down with the mutant cause, doesn’t have a problematic relationship history, and can handle her...wild side.
    And that’s a pretty short list.

Namor - not serious.
    Black Panther - romantic history with her best friend
    Kurt - romantic history with her daughter from an alternate dimension
    Thor - maybe
    Silver Surfer - maybe
    Falcon - maybe

No one really nails it for me (her).
    Jean was attracted to wolverine and married with Scott, with all respect to these characters, I think any of these guys would do well with Jean

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean was attracted to wolverine and married with Scott, with all respect to these characters, I think any of these guys would do well with Jean
    Hm. You do, huh?

Don't take this the wrong way but, how many relationships have you had?

I'm just trying to get a gauge here.
    Because I really don't see how it's ok to date your daughter's ex. Or to try to get with your bestie's ex hubby.

But if you think it's okay - more power to you.
    The Milkshake Boom
    (But probably not)

Hm. You do, huh?

Don't take this the wrong way but, how many relationships have you had?

I'm just trying to get a gauge here.
    Because I really don't see how it's ok to date your daughter's ex. Or to try to get with your bestie's ex hubby.

But if you think it's okay - more power to you.
    To be fair, i don't think that Marvel is going to remember that Rachel/Kurt was a thing, like is bot exactly popular.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be fair, i don't think that Marvel is going to remember that Rachel/Kurt was a thing, like is bot exactly popular.
    I mean, I guess.

Doesn't really seem like a strong reason.
    It's just that lots of people rail about a certain notorious kiss at Jean's grave, but now it's ok for Jean to hook up with T'Challa? Or Kurt?

I'm trying to understand.

---

Anyway, the real point is: I don't get Jean x Cap.

It mystifies me.
    I can only attribute it to a shallow understanding of Scott - this desire to hook Jean up with 'classic' Scott.
    The Milkshake Boom
    (But probably not)

I mean, I guess.

It's just that lots of people rail about a certain notorious kiss at Jean's grave, but now it's ok for Jean to hook up with T'Challa? Or Kurt?

---

It mystifies me.
    I can only attribute it to a shallow understanding of Scott - this desire to hook Jean up with 'classic' Scott.
    "shrug", i think that they just want another relationship for her and that's it, is not the worse that i had seen anyway, if i had to choose i would pair her with Warren, he always seemed like a nice choice.

I mean, I guess.

---

It mystifies me.
    I dont see how Jean hooking up with anyone now years after her marriage is over and at least a year and a half since Scott's been dead. Scott making out with Emma, the woman he had an affair with over Jean's grave moments after burying her was in incredibly poor taste no matter how anyone slices it. Jean kissing someone in the future isnt even in the same category

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see how Jean hooking up with anyone now years after her marriage is over and at least a year and a half since Scott's been dead. Scott making out with Emma, the woman he had an affair with over Jean's grave moments after burying her was in incredibly poor taste no matter how anyone slices it. Jean kissing someone in the future isnt even in the same category
    Yeah, it wasn't a great moment.
    But, didn't Jean have a hand in that?

(it's been a while)
    The Milkshake Boom
    (But probably not)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

We have the rectangle thread for this stuff