Quote Originally Posted by chillin'_chillclops View Post
I think that's from avengers vs x-men
Ah, one of the many X-Men storylines I skipped. I'm kind of glad I did, because I really don't get any joy out of seeing my two favorite Marvel teams fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism
Iceman being gay is the best thing to happen to the X-Men for a while. And despite what some people said, Iceman being gay made sense; if a character like Scott Summers, Reed Richards or Peter Parker came out as gay it wouldn't make sense because those characters have had long-lasting iconic relationships with women but Iceman who was portrayed as being insecure, was raised by a narrow-minded bigoted father and had various flings with women he couldn't sustain, it fit that Bobby could be a "closet-case".
Bobby is my second favorite X-Man going back to roughly 1994, and I'm mostly okay with it.

My problem was more that some posters presented it as an explanation and justification for why he could never sustain a relationship when I think most writers intended it to be that he couldn't sustain a relationship because he has Peter Pan Syndrome. Bobby's always been immature and has had trouble taking things seriously, including relationships. That's a very easy reason for why he never had a long-term girlfriend. So, I haven't read the main books in a while but I hope current writers stick with this idea. Bobby's identified as gay now. There's no backing out of that. It is what it is. But he shouldn't suddenly be great at relationships all of sudden now. He's still stupid, immature, goofball Bobby. He should still have many of the same relationship problems even if he's gay.