Page 348 of 658 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 9863

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Can you explain why? I understand both terms are slurs, but it seems like even within the marvel universe the n-word would have more weight and history behind it (due to mutants being a relatively recent phenomena).

Also, when I’m called a slur my first reaction isn’t to fling one back. Aren’t the X-Men supposed to represent a higher standard for people to aspire too.
    Kitty was an immature impulsive 14 year old, not a paragon of high standards. This was the same girl going around calling her elder a jerk and calling her peers X-babies. No one was looking at Kitty as a role model when she more often than not acted like a brat with a slick tongue

“Continuity” is stupid: make short-lived series with unique characters and unique creator team, Marvel…

There would be less controversies…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kitty was an immature impulsive 14 year old, not a paragon of high standards. This was the same girl going around calling her elder a jerk and calling her peers X-babies. No one was looking at Kitty as a role model when she more often than not acted like a brat with a slick tongue
    I’m not saying it wasn’t in character, but I’m responding to someone saying that it was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    “Continuity” is stupid: make short-lived series with unique characters and unique creator team, Marvel…

There would be less controversies…
    I respectfully disagree, that's what AU's are for. Or maybe Marvel should copy DC's Earth One graphic novel concept - although admittedly only the Green Lantern series has been stellar, the rest mediocre to outright terrible.

The controversies spring from poor editorial decisions more than anything in my opinion.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    That's not really that unpopular, a lot of people didn't like endgame and with marvel/disney movies just because they made a billion at the box office doesn't mean they were critically well liked. Personally I feel like infinity war was good while endgame was a let down.
    I agree about Endgame being a letdown - but I haven't seen much criticism about it. Admittedly I haven't sought it out, but at least the people I know IR all liked it.

Regardless, I think solo films should be left off the table. I don't know how well tv series would work in tandem with films, considering Disney kept the shows almost completely separate from the films and there's no telling how much audience overlap there would be between the two.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I’m just gonna say this csuse I think it is an unpopular opinion that nobody really wants to think about. DOX is not actually about refreshing the X-men line. It’s about marvel trying to see if they can take the event tie-in structure they do yearly and just make it permanent. They used the X-men cause it was the IP with the least baggage at the moment so that’s why it’s X-men. Just look at xos back pages it’s the same as dox but a different font. They are testing to see if they can eventually force you to read ALL there books in an endless event forever and right now it seems like they can. I expect by the end of dox 2/3 of all marvel books including avengers and spider man will be in that reading list to consolidate the audience
    I think you're onto something - I hope not, but it seems possible. When I saw that X of Swords was Twenty-two parts I quickly decided to skip that nonsense. Depending on the book, by the end the event could run more than $80 ($4 x 22). No thanks.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I think you're onto something - I hope not, but it seems possible. When I saw that X of Swords was Twenty-two parts I quickly decided to skip that nonsense. Depending on the book, by the end the event could run more than $80 ($4 x 22). No thanks.
    More than that. The first issue was $7 and I wouldnt be surprised if Stasis and Destruction were as well. Next week's X-Factor will be double sized and priced at $5 and it likely wont be the only one like that

More than that. The first issue was $7 and I wouldnt be surprised if Stasis and Destruction were as well. Next week's X-Factor will be double sized and priced at $5 and it likely wont be the only one like that
    So even towards $100+? Good grief, do they actively want people to drop the books? An event of this size this soon into the line? I know that things got thrown into chaos this year, but these books are basically just getting out of their first year.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    If it keeps up this level of awesome I’d gladly pay $80 for 22 chapters. That’s a big “if” though, however I dropped a lot of dough on HoX/PoX and am happy with it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    If it keeps up this level of awesome I’d gladly pay $80 for 22 chapters. That’s a big “if” though, however I dropped a lot of dough on HoX/PoX and am happy with it.
    That’s fair, and more power to those who are enthusiastic enough to throw down for this event — I just hope Marvel doesn’t take that as a sign to push for this across the board. I still wish that they’d cool it with events in general for a while, and this is not a step in the right direction AFAIC.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Can you explain why? I understand both terms are slurs, but it seems like even within the marvel universe the n-word would have more weight and history behind it (due to mutants being a relatively recent phenomena).

Also, when I’m called a slur my first reaction isn’t to fling one back. Aren’t the X-Men supposed to represent a higher standard for people to aspire too.
    1: She only asks him the same question he asked her. She didn't call him the N-word, but just threw his hurtful and hateful racism back at him...and of course, he didn't like it. So...point proven.
    2: Phil, the BLACK guy, should know better than to cast racist aspersions on someone else. Especially when in the MU being a Mutie is clearly more detrimental to one's life and existence (as the ending of issue 192 and this issue could attest) than being Black. Which I believe was deliberately done to show the "weight" the word Mutie has compared to the N-word...in the MU. (Though really, Who is more Racist or the Most Victimised are not contests anyone should try to win.)

Then...
    When Phil and his cohorts after beating Xavier to near death and he himself attempted to strangle Kitty, Magneto, of all people, found compassion and took the moral high ground by sparing his life.

Not taking shyt and Standing up for yourself is also something other people/readers can aspire to.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Right now 1/5 of all marvel books are X-men titles and they keep adding more. Lots of people are excited for the new sword comic so itÂ’s not like itÂ’s gonna stop. And itÂ’s all for a story so reader unfriendly I canÂ’t imagine a person under 30 looking at any of them! They just put the first non krakoa comic on the list (juggernaut) so I expect more comics on that list soon I am surprised Deadpool isnÂ’t there already

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    1: She only asks him the same question he asked her. She didn't call him the N-word, but just threw his hurtful and hateful racism back at him...and of course, he didn't like it. So...point proven.
    2: Phil, the BLACK guy, should know better than to cast racist aspersions on someone else. Especially when in the MU being a Mutie is clearly more detrimental to one's life and existence (as the ending of issue 192 and this issue could attest) than being Black. Which I believe was deliberately done to show the "weight" the word Mutie has compared to the N-word...in the MU. (Though really, Who is more Racist or the Most Victimised are not contests anyone should try to win.)

Then...
    When Phil and his cohorts after beating Xavier to near death and he himself attempted to strangle Kitty, Magneto, of all people, found compassion and took the moral high ground by sparing his life.

Not taking shyt and Standing up for yourself is also something other people/readers can aspire to.
    Thanks for the explanation. I guess I just can’t stand by it because when other minorities have thrown some racism at me I never felt the need to stoop to that level.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I just can’t stand by it because when other minorities have thrown some racism at me I never felt the need to stoop to that level.
    That's the thing though...Phil was deliberately trying to be menacing and a little hurtful...he uses the term insultingly.
    Where-as Kitty wasn't trying to be either of those things...she was being a mouthy smart-ass. In essence she was rising above his level...unlike Rachel later on in the issue.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    That's not really that unpopular, a lot of people didn't like endgame and with marvel/disney movies just because they made a billion at the box office doesn't mean they were critically well liked. Personally I feel like infinity war was good while endgame was a let down.
    Dude, Endgame is one of the most critically acclaimed blockbusters ever. It didn't just make money, it was a critical darling. It has 94% rating and 8.22/10 average on Rotten Tomatoes. Just for comparison, Logan has 7.97/10 average.

Saying Endgame was a bad movie or a letdown is highly unpopular to begin with. But saying that it wasn't critically well-liked is straight up incorrect.