Page 557 of 669 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 10028

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hope you feel better soon, by the way.

And that'd be really good. It'd also help garner some goodwill after the mutants (and likely Brand) burned so many bridges lately. We did see SWORD looking into terraforming uninhabited planets in the Voices book, albeit for their own purposes. Though if they want to go for a darker route, I could see Brand try to strongarm civilizations into being their protectorates in exchange for salvation.
    Thanks i appreciate that. lots of random falling asleep. lol

It could also open itself to a very large cast which i feel ewing also excels at. You could have some of the reality warpers be replaced by like wiccan and maybe an arrakan reality warper. Kora already amplifies powers. You have cable for the TK, i am sure wiz kid could add something to the process. And as we learned from the 5 the more they do their thing the easier it gets. This would be the most protected, sought after loved and hated group in all the galaxy, lol. Just thinking about beings that would want to get their hands on such mutant technology is exciting to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Morrisson and Academy X are both great.

Astonishing Member

I never thought Morrison was bad but I was more and more aware as we went further on it would probably be treated more like a Elseworlds story either by Marvel itself or the fanbase as certain elements were introduced, specifically Xorn/Magneto and Sublime. Xorn/Magneto I can go either way on. Yes it was a dumb out of continuity thing, but Morrison left a back door built in anyway, since he knew others didn’t share his opinion, and the X-men are old hat at hitting the retcon button to get their heroes out of heinous actions. Sublime was the other one which…honestly it wrecks the metaphor, but Marvel was doing that before and after Morrison anyway, and with all of the goofy dumb science involving the X-men and the irrationalevels of world wide mutant hatred, planet coating hate bacteria is probably more realistic. But I’m not surprised nor upset that those things aren’t…referenced as much after his run

Astonishing Member

Opinion:
    Downplaying just what a bastard Akihiro is (“anyone I influence with my pheromones wants it to happen anyway”) is going to backfire one day

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Opinion:
    Downplaying just what a bastard Akihiro is (“anyone I influence with my pheromones wants it to happen anyway”) is going to backfire one day
    I think this is why I’m very lukewarm on the character’s redemption. Lazily trying to say his powers aren’t spoilers:
    rapey
    end of spoilers is not the same as having the character own up to his shit and better himself.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Opinion:
    Did... did some writer really write something like that? Because, frankly, even if it passes the smell test (which it doesn't), it's irrelevant. He committed a real life rape in the very first issue of his ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Did... did some writer really write something like that? Because, frankly, even if it passes the smell test (which it doesn't), it's irrelevant. He committed a real life rape in the very first issue of his ongoing.
    Ah! Marvel Comics and its delightful attitude towards sex crimes and towards atrocious crimes in general never change, doesn't it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Yeah, I like X-factor but like certain other writers on the line William's also has the tendency of downplaying what certain villains have done in the past so that it's more reasonable that half of Krakoa isn't constantly trying to get revenge on the other half and hoping the readership forgets some of the more heinous shit they've done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Yeah, I like X-factor but like certain other writers on the line William's also has the tendency of downplaying what certain villains have done in the past so that it's more reasonable that half of Krakoa isn't constantly trying to get revenge on the other half and hoping the readership forgets some of the more heinous shit they've done.
    This is one of the single biggest problems with Krakoa. Why did any of the Morlocks happily go along with allowing Sinister on the island, and not be marching on him with torches and pitchforks? Oh, right, because Editorial says so.

The entire conceit is one big, giant, glowing middle finger to Continuity and Character Development.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This is one of the single biggest problems with Krakoa. Why did any of the Morlocks happily go along with allowing Sinister on the island, and not be marching on him with torches and pitchforks? Oh, right, because Editorial says so.

The entire conceit is one big, giant, glowing middle finger to Continuity and Character Development.
    You could have used the conflagration of villains and old enemies as good story telling fodder, but, as has been stated before, Hickman’s stories take precedence over characterisation.

Amazing Member

Oh what an interesting thread. Well my controversial take is that it is unfortunate how online dynamics have turned the franchise into a target for racists and homophobes who take it as an equation for minorities to unleash their vitriol. And I find it worrying that this attitude is so widespread and accepted even on here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    You could have used the conflagration of villains and old enemies as good story telling fodder, but, as has been stated before, Hickman’s stories take precedence over characterisation.

Some writer's do land it correctly at least, as someone pointed out in another thread, Well's portrayal of Mastermind in Hellions is in line with his usual scummy rapist self...the issue is that it's also right alongside X-corps where he's apparently a good person to put on the board of X-corps.

Honestly it feels like some writer's are at least trying to maintain that character continuity while others are just ignoring it outright. Honestly I thought it was all going to lead to a reveal that the telepaths are forcibly adjusting everyone's behavior to make this all work, but that's been shot down by this point.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The US after World War II gave asylum to thousands and thousands of Nazis, most famously scientists, but not only them. Indeed, a lot of soldiers were welcome because they were clearly not Communists, while lots of Holocaust survivors had to wait years to be allowed to come, if at all.

So, where were the Nazi victims or the people that fought them with torches and pitchforks? Did they all left America and never came back? Did they all make marches every day until the government banished all the Nazis?

And all that without free health care, land, travel to other planets, and immortality.

Plus, you know, Wells actually showed the Morlocks attacking Greycrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The US after World War II gave asylum to thousands and thousands of Nazis, most famously scientists, but not only them. Indeed, a lot of soldiers were welcome because they were clearly not Communists, while lots of Holocaust survivors had to wait years to be allowed to come, if at all.

So, where were the Nazi victims or the people that fought them with torches and pitchforks? Did they all left America and never came back? Did they all make marches every day until the government banished all the Nazis?

And all that without free health care, land, travel to other planets, and immortality.

Plus, you know, Wells actually showed the Morlocks attacking Greycrow.
    You do realize the US was one of the countries least affected by Naziism right? A better example would be occupied countries like Czechslovakia (Which after the war forcibly kicked most german-ethnic people, 3 million total, out of their country in an allied approved ethnic cleanse.) Romania, Poland, and Denmark forcibly purged the germans out of their countries as well. Denmark forcibly used German POWS in high risk mine clearing operations. The Soviets were brutal to any nazis they captured. In the netherlands native people who had collaborated or slept with the germans were publicly humiliated and kicked out of their communities. The US, which never suffered german occupation and was remarkably quiet about things like Operation Paperclip, is essentially the one example for this you can reach for besides West Germany itself. Pretty much every country that actually was occupied by Nazi's reacted about as well to Nazi's, or even just people of German descent, much more harshly. So...go for a different example.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    You do realize the US was one of the countries least affected by Naziism right? A better example would be occupied countries like Czechslovakia (Which after the war forcibly kicked most german-ethnic people, 3 million total, out of their country in an allied approved ethnic cleanse.) Romania, Poland, and Denmark forcibly purged the germans out of their countries as well. Denmark forcibly used German POWS in high risk mine clearing operations. The Soviets were brutal to any nazis they captured. In the netherlands native people who had collaborated or slept with the germans were publicly humiliated and kicked out of their communities. The US, which never suffered german occupation and was remarkably quiet about things like Operation Paperclip, is essentially the one example for this you can reach for besides West Germany itself. Pretty much every country that actually was occupied by Nazi's reacted about as well to Nazi's, or even just people of German descent, much more harshly. So...go for a different example.
    What is your point tho? Most of the Krakoa weren't affected by the Mutant massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by placeholder View Post
    Oh what an interesting thread. Well my controversial take is that it is unfortunate how online dynamics have turned the franchise into a target for racists and homophobes who take it as an equation for minorities to unleash their vitriol. And I find it worrying that this attitude is so widespread and accepted even on here.
    Duuuude Yesss!!!
    GrindrStone(D)