Page 454 of 656 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 9840

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Wonder how they feel about everyone is Phoenix now
    Probably the same as me.

Sick of it.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

While I'm interested in the "free love" concept playing out on Krakoa, I'm a little annoyed that when it comes to heterosexual characters (or characters that were assumed to be heterosexual prior to the Krakoa era), only the women seem to be smooching/flirting with other women. We had a couple hints that Cyclops and Wolverine like to play hide-the-zucchini, but pretty much all the guy-on-guy action we've seen so far comes from confirmed or assumed homosexual characters. When are we going to see more heterosexual male mutants branching out?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    While I'm interested in the "free love" concept playing out on Krakoa, I'm a little annoyed that when it comes to heterosexual characters (or characters that were assumed to be heterosexual prior to the Krakoa era), only the women seem to be smooching/flirting with other women. We had a couple hints that Cyclops and Wolverine like to play hide-the-zucchini, but pretty much all the guy-on-guy action we've seen so far comes from confirmed or assumed homosexual characters. When are we going to see more heterosexual male mutants branching out?
    The whole free love/ poly angle really seems like it’s just for show and like it’s not something many of the writers can or want to explore. I’m convinced Hickman put it in there so he wouldn’t have to deal with the Jean/ Scott/ Logan/ Emma love square.

If they are heterosexual, then you just solved your own mystery for why they aren't

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah the question of "why aren't the straight characters being gay" is kind of a question that answers itself

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Being proud is one thing - making an island that is for one type of person only - goes beyond that.

A certain person in Germany wanted to be devoid of "lesser" people, too.

Because he was proud of his personal identity too.
    Those 'lesser people' if we get technical were the mentally ill, and perhaps severely disabled.I make this distinction because we all know the Nazis tolerated non Aryan blue eyed Germans too(and were against other 'inferior' races) so this is analogous to 'imperfect' mutants on Krakoa as opposed to humanity and Atlantans or say extra terrestrials outside Krakoa.I am not saying he was right to make a choice for people with limited cognisance ,but it is disingenuous to say that had Adolf had the tech ,X and Magnus is having he wouldn't let the ill use it, if he had Aryan 'breederies' it shows he did not just want to preserve the stock, he wanted to grow the stock, the methods are indefensible and unethical, but on closer scrutiny Krakoa is not far removed from that insular thinking and if you want to call out Nazism as unconscionable, then you must accept amongs the subscribers to that view they were not suicidal.Very bad example because you are using human flaws against fictional technological 'unreachables'.Though if you mean Krakoa's technological advancement and abilities could lead to supremacist hubris at a species level, then sure Krakoa could go down that path (maybe already is)with the likes of Magneto,Beast and Sinister(and formerly Apoc) holding that much sway there
    Last edited by Rev9; 03-04-2021 at 05:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If they are heterosexual, then you just solved your own mystery for why they aren't
    I'm a little annoyed that when it comes to heterosexual characters (or characters that were assumed to be heterosexual prior to the Krakoa era), only the women seem to be smooching/flirting with other women.
    You seem to have missed the bolded.

His point is that only the canonically hetero women are experimenting with other women, so that doesn't "solve the mystery."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

His point is that only the canonically hetero women are experimenting with other women, so that doesn't "solve the mystery."
    We just had Sunfire and Fabian Cortez get in each other’s faces.

Eye Boy seems to be in awe of Prodigy. Even finding his voice sexy.

Many noted there was something between Apocalypse and Rictor (besides the mentor relationship)

And of course look at how Mr Sinister is currently portrayed.

And all of that is not even counting the “bromance” between Sam and Berto.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 03-04-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Where is this all lesbian action? We saw a lot more of gay couples with iceman/christian, northstar and his husband, wiccan's brother and prodigy.
    I don't even take flirting seriously because any time same sex characters say hi people think it is flirting all the time, it is subjective and annoying.

Mr sinister being flamboyat is one of th most homophobic tropes

No I didnt. What women? Kitty, Rachel? Both had bicurious tendencies before this era. We arent seeing hetersexual women (I mean one's that havent been seen as bi/gay) be fluid, at least not tht Im aware of

What mystery? Most comic authors (writers and artists) are heterosexual men…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Those 'lesser people' if we get technical were the mentally ill, and perhaps severely disabled.I make this distinction because we all know the Nazis tolerated non Aryan blue eyed Germans too(and were against other 'inferior' races) so this is analogous to 'imperfect' mutants on Krakoa as opposed to humanity and Atlantans or say extra terrestrials outside Krakoa.I am not saying he was right to make a choice for people with limited cognisance ,but it is disingenuous to say that had Adolf had the tech ,X and Magnus is having he wouldn't let the ill use it, if he had Aryan 'breederies' it shows he did not just want to preserve the stock, he wanted to grow the stock, the methods are indefensible and unethical, but on closer scrutiny Krakoa is not far removed from that insular thinking and if you want to call out Nazism as unconscionable, then you must accept amongs the subscribers to that view they were not suicidal.Very bad example because you are using human flaws against fictional technological 'unreachables'.Though if you mean Krakoa's technological advancement and abilities could lead to supremacist hubris at a species level, then sure Krakoa could go down that path (maybe already is)with the likes of Magneto,Beast and Sinister(and formerly Apoc) holding that much sway there
    Kind of tired of everthing being being seen as a "nazi " just because you want to paint other people argument as "evil" I think it reduces in a crass way the danger of nazi belief when used as a cheap shot to attack fictional characters.

The mutants on Krakoa so far had been:

Selling medicine that can cure almost anything for the wolrd at large.
    Taken in refugees under the King in black crisis
    Given their population the ressurection protocol as well as an all around better healthcare.
    Founded an hospital where mutant powers can be used for the benefit of both human and mutants on Madripoor.

If every country that uses strong laws to keep their borders can be considered a Nazi regimen, then almost if not all countries in the world would enter on this category. All of them have laws that benefit the presence of their own citizens and have a series of requeriments for foreing people when they want to stay or live there, ones more strict than others.

Also the mutants bassically founded Krakoa after a period of worldwide persecution, somehow thinking of them as nazis just because they want to have a place of their own to call home is just wrong and false.

Do I agree with everything they have done and are the most virtous people ever? NO but calling them nazis just because they want to have their own place to live and be happy seems like a stretch of epic proportions.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-04-2021 at 09:45 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Why the push to make Kitty gay/bi...we see by her romantic history she loves Peters....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Why the push to make Kitty gay/bi...we see by her romantic history she loves Peters....
    No push. She IS Bi.
    We SEE her romantic history, and thus, Kitty is bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I swear people don’t know what bi means. Kitty also being into women by no means erases her previous hetero relationships. Also they haven’t shown any interest in each other for a while which makes sense considering their failed wedding.