Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
There's an obvious disconnect between readers and what's happening on page. People are all going over supremacy, but that was never shown except for Magneto. Even Charles, the mastermind of the whole thing, is relatively tame. Krakoa isn't threatening countries, but offering a reward in exchange for being recognized as a sovereign nation. Mutants are trying to create their own culture and act proud of it, but somebody already found a way to conflate it with nazism.

It goes back to what I said on the HoX #5 thread. People are expecting super-hero stuff, feel good stuff, pretending that whatever was tried before works, as long as it's all cute-sounding. And we're on the politic part of things, where the meaning of being a mutant is being expanded upon. If they want to create a country, a culture and, from that, establish their place in the world, they will have to go through paths that are not necessarily pleasant or clean. It's a loaded journey to get there and, to achieve it, there might be complex choices along the way.

But I guess cool team poses, evil nanobots that tweet racial slurs and cutesy speeches are what the X-books truly need.
Yeah, I can agree to that.
HoX has taught us that the X-Men have tried the Good Guy approach and the Bad Guy approach and even the Beyond Approach (Apocalypse) they still get annihilated. At what point do the X-Men say “ya know what we need to try a different approach”
Charles and Erik just told us their Big Plan. And that’s to resurrect the 16 million mutants that died on Genosha which we have the Humans to thank for that by the way.