Page 424 of 664 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 9952

Anyone still remember Sina Grace complained about Duggan stole his team idea?

(He liked one tweet which said Durauders included characters he wrote in his Iceman solo)

Now I think he was reasonable…

Marvel Girl is one of if not Jean Greys best look. I welcome my public execution!!

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Anyone still remember Sina Grace complained about Duggan stole his team idea?

(He liked one tweet which said Durauders included characters he wrote in his Iceman solo)

Now I think he was reasonable…
    I'm not familiar with that. What did he complain about?

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'm not familiar with that. What did he complain about?
    Bleedingcool has reported this drama lol, you can check it there
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...man-marauders/

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Cyclops is bland in the comics...that's his shtick. He is a great leader, tactician, hand to hand combatant, etc...but bland.
    I prefer the bland version. And the popularity of Captain America in the MCU proves that there is an audience for the "bland" version of Cyclops, not the Hitler he became in the 2000s-2010s.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That was honestly the most annoying Cyclops for me.
    100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    And still bland. The narrative just exclusively focused on him.
    100% agree with this too.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I prefer the bland version. And the popularity of Captain America in the MCU proves that there is an audience for the "bland" version of Cyclops, not the Hitler he became in the 2000s-2010s.

A part of me feels like Scott SHOULD be more radical than Roger's. Cap has no idea what Scott would gave lived through as a mutant. And sometimes being pushed with that kinda pressure can change you. I dont blame Cyke at all, even if some of the things he did were wrong.

Steve rogers know a lot, he was against genocide while he was on Illuminatti. He just as a stronger moral center

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Getting into the X-Men, Cyclops in the '80s was the competent no-drama adult in the room who seemed to be in a stable relationship with the most amazing X-lady in the world. As a moody teen myself (who wasn't getting any), he was totally who I wanted to grow up to be.

And, even if he was 'boring,' I write now, and know that characters like him are a narrative necessity for the more 'exciting' personalities to bounce off of. A team of all argumentative angry violent loners and broody antisocial drama-queens would never work, just as a gumbo made with sixteen different spices and no meat or vegetables would just be searing liquid pepper spray delivered orally and not an actual meal.

*Someone's* got to be 'the stable one' and herd the rest of those cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Getting into the X-Men, Cyclops in the '80s was the competent no-drama adult in the room who seemed to be in a stable relationship with the most amazing X-lady in the world. As a moody teen myself (who wasn't getting any), he was totally who I wanted to grow up to be.

And, even if he was 'boring,' I write now, and know that characters like him are a narrative necessity for the more 'exciting' personalities to bounce off of. A team of all argumentative angry violent loners and broody antisocial drama-queens would never work, just as a gumbo made with sixteen different spices and no meat or vegetables would just be searing liquid pepper spray delivered orally and not an actual meal.

*Someone's* got to be 'the stable one' and herd the rest of those cats.
    I always preferred the boy scout characters like Cap and Cyke. It was a real shocker back when Schism occurred and I found Wolverine the more relatable one, although to be fair, a lot of that groundwork was set by Claremont in his original run to position Wolverine as Xavier's greatest success story and the one who would carry on the mantle.

And I agree that you have to have the straight man to act as a foil, otherwise you just get a bunch of snarky characters together in one room and there's too much uniformity. Part of Scott's character was always that as the responsible loner, he was the odd man out in the X-Men and he never had the strong relationships some of the others had. The 05 were always ditching him in the early days because he would elect to stay behind and didn't believe he had the right to enjoy himself as they did. With the new team, characters like Jean bonded more with Ororo, Logan, Peter, etc. than Scott ever did, something Ororo also points out in Worlds Apart about how she never had a close relationship with Scott the way she did with the others because of how distant he was.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Steve rogers know a lot, he was against genocide while he was on Illuminatti. He just as a stronger moral center
    Stronger moral center? I disagree. Scott just seemed more willing to make personal sacrifices. Their means of leadership is generally different at times and Scott became used to being hated. Scott has his shortcomings, but so does Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Marvel Girl is one of if not Jean Greys best look. I welcome my public execution!!
    I don't hate it either. I think it's fine. If anything, I think the issue is that it's being used during this current era while she seems slightly underwhelming. Negative emotions are probably being tied to it.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

A team of all argumentative angry violent loners and broody antisocial drama-queens would never work
    You must have never watched FarScape.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    His "stronger moral center" meant that while he knew the multiverse was ending, he chose to getting involved in a revenge plot and dick-measuring contest with Stark rather than do something about it. Meanwhile, Scott was trying to do something about.

And also Steve Rogers led pretty much all his adult life as a living legend, idol to millions, with Gods, kings, and the world's greatest weapon designed fighting alongside him. Let's see how this big moral center works when he's a teenager fighting with friends his age to avoid all of them getting killed or has in his hands the responsibility of saving his people from mass murder, all that while the world, and even some of his friends, hate his guts. All that while having to send a son to the future, presumably never to be heard for again, to save him, and watch the woman he loves die multiple times.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You must have never watched FarScape.
    That's what Pao Zahn (and Pilot) were for. To be the stable point around which the crazy swirled.

BANNED

That's what Pao Zahn (and Pilot) were for. To be the stable point around which the crazy swirled.
    Pau'u was her title, Zotoh Zahn was her name. And however patient she could be Zahn was just as capable of bringing the crazy (she went ACTUALLY insane nearly as often as Crichton) and getting into it with the others as the rest of the cast (most often Rygel, whom she was violent with on several occasions in a dope-slap sort of way). Pilot as well; he could be incredibly snippy and irritable even when he was being polite about it.

D'Argo was actually probably the most "stable" of the crew, and he was a selfish and pig-headed hyper-violent warrior from a species biologically prone to blackout-inducing fits of rage.