Page 284 of 664 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 9959
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Eh, I know there are authors who wanted to put Jubilee with X-23, but Jubilee is on my list for the X-Women who are strictly dickly: Jubilee, Jean, Rahne and Rogue.
    Speaking of: I think it's disgusting when people use that image for shipping.

It ignores the full context that Laura is basically attempting suicide-by-vampire, as she fully intended to let Jubilee kill her. And this is while she's already in the middle of a depressive state in which she ALREADY performed an act of self-harm in which she is implied to have inflicted wounds that would have been fatal to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

It ignores the full context that Laura is basically attempting suicide-by-vampire, as she fully intended to let Jubilee kill her. And this is while she's already in the middle of a depressive state in which she ALREADY performed an act of self-harm in which she is implied to have inflicted wounds that would have been fatal to anyone else.
    I wasn't aware of the context, only aware that people use that image for shipping.

Like, Chamber likes Jubilee who likes Synch who likes Blink who likes Skin who likes Husk who likes M who likes no one but herself.
    this is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

oh boy. even the way its drawn borders on tasteless considering the context.

Astonishing Member

In the who should Laura date game, I'm going to go with the dark horse surge because I feel like it would be a intresting dynamic between them

My opinions about Laura Kinney / X-23 / All-new Wolverine:

1. She should not be in romantic entanglements, because…
    2. Her sexuality should not be explored, because…
    3. She should be a child.

For those that enjoy the older Laura stories, that's cool. I feel all these late-teen Lauras in Logan's yellow & blues that are stacked with a rack are just Rule 63-meets-34.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    this is perfect
    Actually, to make it perfect, I’d exchange Synch and Prodigy. I’d still keep Blink off the 616 team, but I’d find a way to send her to AoA so she’s the one we fall for in Exiles.

Prodigy can live his bisexual best life among the Gen X team, as their defacto leader. David can grow close to Angelo, and make a move when his friend is feeling depressed. Prodigy never dies when Synch does, he just retires to join FF’s think tank.

Chamber > Jubilee > Prodigy > Skin > Husk > M

Extraordinary Member

My opinions about Laura Kinney / X-23 / All-new Wolverine:

1. She should not be in romantic entanglements, because…
    2. Her sexuality should not be explored, because…
    3. She should be a child.

For those that enjoy the older Laura stories, that's cool. I feel all these late-teen Lauras in Logan's yellow & blues that are stacked with a rack are just Rule 63-meets-34.
    Isn’t that why we got Gabby?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Isn’t that why we got Gabby?
    Gabby needs to be killed off or turned into a villian.. I wish Esme had permanently taken her body

This was such a great development which ultimately went nowhere

Extraordinary Member

With herself, primarily. I hadn't really thought about pairing her off. I think the Gen X class needed less pairing off and more awkward lust.

Like, Chamber likes Jubilee who likes Synch who likes Blink who likes Skin who likes Husk who likes M who likes no one but herself.

Eh, I know there are authors who wanted to put Jubilee with X-23, but Jubilee is on my list for the X-Women who are strictly dickly: Jubilee, Jean, Rahne and Rogue.
    I’m not so sure about Rahne after her meet-cute with Xavier’s daughter.

Speaking of Rahne’s sexuality, is her relationship with Dani in the movie based on some subtext from the original comics?

I’m not a writer, just a cultivator of Earth-876121. I should list a quadrant chart of the surviving X-Men’s orientations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Speaking of Rahne’s sexuality, is her relationship with Dani in the movie based on some subtext from the original comics?
    Yes. In the 80s, Claremont wrote Dani and Rahne’s relationship with the same romantic subtext that he used for Destiny and Mystique. Rahne struggling with her her strict religious upbringing and learning to accept her wolf form as a gift and not a curse was a metaphor for her coming to terms with her homosexuality.

BANNED

I wasn't aware of the context, only aware that people use that image for shipping.
    Yeah, it's from the Touching Darkness arc of Liu's book. It LITERALLY BEGINS with Laura slashing her wrists so badly in a restaurant bathroom that one of the attendants thinks someone tried to commit suicide. And then she goes catatonic when Gambit tries to check on her and she reflexively lashes out and nearly takes his arm off. She spends a whole day in bed staring at her claws (and I'm not joking. It's like a full-page sequence of panels of Laura curled up in bed staring at them as time passes outside) before trying to run away that night. And that's BEFORE she cuts her own neck to see if Jubilee will drain her dry in that panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Gabby needs to be killed off or turned into a villian.. I wish Esme had permanently taken her body

This was such a great development which ultimately went nowhere
    I'll be honest, I think Gabby going bad COULD make for a great development, (and some funny imagery) especially after we learned what happened with the Gabby of the OML universe.

BANNED

Laure shouldn't have been saved. She should have stayed as a whore as a part of the underworld. She uses her smarts and becomes the mama first, and later on the leader of the mafia and rules her mafia with an iron fist and gets in to a gang war against Kingpin for the control of New York... That would be better.

^ this guy gets it. Unpopular AND controversial!

I DO NOT agree with your tastes, cest la vie.