Page 319 of 655 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 9824
    Extraordinary Member

Not sure if I agree with that for all the characters.

If Hellion were killed. Would he really turned down being resurrected with his arms and hands back?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

If Hellion were killed. Would he really turned down being resurrected with his arms and hands back?
    He wont have a choice. The point is, he isnt going to commit suicide or go through the Crucible to get his hands back. If he dies within story, thats separate from him choosing to end his life as a loophole to achieve that. No one is even writing him right now (except maybe a cameo) so the chances that he will die in story are low anyway. He's simply living his best life on Krakoa

Hellion's more connected and in tune with his powers without his hands. Losing them made him rely on his powers more than ever, giving him back the fine control he'd lost, and it helped him appreciate his powers in a new way

They're also a reminder of how much he hates sentinels

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How ironic all those posts about disabled characters getting resurrected so that they can become normal and Leah answers that in this weke's BOTA podcast. Basically she says its wrong. X-men works as an allegory for disabilities too and it doesnt sit right with her that a disabled mutant has to die in order to become what others view as normal. Instead of these disable mutants needing to change in order to fit into society, Krakoa changes to fit their needs. They arent disadvantaged and there is nothing to fix. Readers may see their artificial limbs as a problem but the characters may not necessarily feel that way
    So a ritualistic suicide is OK to recover from one disability (power loss) but completely inappropriate to recover from another disability (loss of limb).

If X-Men are an allegory for disabilities...wouldn't it then be wrong to "fix" them if they lost their powers?

But...I will say again...Elixir could have just regrown limbs!!!

Or just make a mindless clone to get a perfect genetic match for limb transplants.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So a ritualistic suicide is OK to recover from one disability (power loss) but completely inappropriate to recover from another disability (loss of limb).

If X-Men are an allegory for disabilities...wouldn't it then be wrong to "fix" them if they lost their powers?

But...I will say again...Elixir could have just regrown limbs!!!

Or just make a mindless clone to get a perfect genetic match for limb transplants.
    Anyone that goes through the Crucuble does so as a choice.

The people that lost their powers are no longer mutants. They dont fit that allegory bc they are no longer a part of the opressed minority group. The Crucible allows them to reclaim that part of their identity that was lost to them and the way its being treated in story is more about that then fixing a disability.

As for Elixir, you are missing the point that Leah made. The Crucible is just one way to remove a disability. Elixir is another. Her point is that there is nothing to fix. These characters are fine with it and they dont need to change in order to fit into Krakoa as Krakoa bends to fit them. When you look at it that way, it makes more sense. Its easy for someone who is priveleged to see the wrong in someone else want feel they need to correct it but its not for you to say but if these characters are okay and are functioning quite well, then it becomes a non-issue and no longer a problem that needs to be corrected

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Hellion's more connected and in tune with his powers without his hands. Losing them made him rely on his powers more than ever, giving him back the fine control he'd lost, and it helped him appreciate his powers in a new way

They're also a reminder of how much he hates sentinels
    But what about Cyclops? In his case, the brain damage he suffered actually interfere on his powers, as with Cable with the TO, it would be dumb not to fix it. The inability to control his powers don't bring him any advantage.

Extraordinary Member

Hypothetically speaking, what if Jubilee were still a vampire. I would imagine she would want to go through the process and return without throw vampirism.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't understand this "My Wife!" stuff from Raven. Her secret wish was to be with Logan during House of M and even further Logan has a future and she kid with her. I know in 616 he was never in love with her and she was actually a nusiance, especially when she went bat ****. I never min minded the obvious lesbianism between her and Irene but how am I supposed to believe this now?

by the way, NC has way too many lame brothers and sisters but I guess its a blessing that no one wants to include Kurt in most anything to do with his family.

Extraordinary Member

They only thing consistent with Mystique in the last 30 years is her inconsistency.

A chance to bring Irene back to life is, however, well within all aspects of her broad characterization.

They only thing consistent with Mystique in the last 30 years is her inconsistency.

A chance to bring Irene back to life is, however, well within all aspects of her broad characterization.
    I wouldn't mind Irene coming back... I guess. I really hate resurrections and the protocols, especially when they are still killing characters. BUT I'd love if these threads were incorporated into the stories instead of ignored like Raven explaining her feelings about Logan and perhaps it even affect their relationship in the beginning. It would be interesting seeing a hurdle thrown in there.

PS. I didn't have to be put into place. About anything.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I wouldn't mind Irene coming back... I guess. I really hate resurrections and the protocols, especially when they are still killing characters. BUT I'd love if these threads were incorporated into the stories instead of ignored like Raven explaining her feelings about Logan and perhaps it even affect their relationship in the beginning. It would be interesting seeing a hurdle thrown in there.

PS. I didn't have to be put into place. About anything.
    Raven and Logan have tried to (and sometimes succeeded) in killing each other since House of M.

I wouldn’t put much stock in their relationship.

Raven and Logan have tried to (and sometimes succeeded) in killing each other since House of M.

I wouldn’t put much stock in their relationship.
    Yes they did. He wasn't in love with her but they share a kid. Ugh.

Mystique shares kids with Sabretooth, Azazel and Xavier. Logan ain't special.

Hell the only kid she's consistently ever cared about is Rogue, the one she raised with Irene

BANNED

What kid???

Raze an alternate future nothing character.