Page 159 of 662 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 9927

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    My first post in the X-Forum, crowning achievement. Unpopular opinion: I honestly believe that Charles Xavier's "dream" of peaceful coexistence was always destined to be reduced to ashes. If anything, Charles and the X-Men's mission statement is founded on insanity, believing that by taking the same approach over and over would lead to a different outcome when stories like "God Loves, Man Kills" and the various attempts at mutant genocide, be it by human or Inhuman hands, clearly show otherwise. If Marvel really wanted to push the envelope, it wouldn't just be mutants that are constantly discriminated and hunted by the very flatscans they protect.
    A sizeable number of mutates such as the Hulk, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, Daredevil and other "heroes" should have narratives inserted into their stories that deal with the idea of normal humans only-barely-tolerating them due to their heroics. I would like for other heroes such as the Banners/Richards/Parkers of the MU to be further immersed into that part of the MU's paradigm and seek answers as to why they fight to preserve the status quo in which mutants and people like themselves are persecuted.

I'm hype to see what Hickman is doing come into fruition regarding mutantkind's standing in the MU and the ramifications they will have on the rest of the MU as it was eluded to in HOX #1 with the conversation between Cyclops and the FF. I just think that not exploring that dynamic on a grander scale regarding the MU would be a wasted opportunity
    I think we are going to see that in the fall. The Krakoan nation still stands after HoX/PoX, I just think that Xavier has been deposed after the event, and someone else is leading, or they created a ruling council. To me the logical way to go would be ruling council to start with and full democracy after the government is running properly. Right now they have to firmly shore up their defense/military via the X-Men (armed forces), and X-Force (clandestine services). Inter-dimensional team is Excalibur, Space team is New Mutants, Fallen Angels hands wetworks missions, and Marauders is keeping the trade routes open and the economy stable.

Probably an unpopular opinion especially around here, I couldn't care less about any of the relationships in any of the X-Books. I don't care who is dating who, it adds nothing to the story for me. One exception, I like Logan and Ororo.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Probably an unpopular opinion especially around here, I couldn't care less about any of the relationships in any of the X-Books. I don't care who is dating who, it adds nothing to the story for me. One exception, I like Logan and Ororo.
    And that’s what we call TASTE!

BANNED

I'm the exact same way except my exception is Gambit and Rogue
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Amazing Member

Please, everybody knows that Scott & Logan and Charles & Max are the endgame.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

That is a wise approach. Being a shippers is suffering, specially on Marvel were they don't really care. Scemma, jott, jogan, whatever, under their Philosophy their and what comes after are all screwed sadly

I like relationships in my comics, but I'm not really a shipper. If the book is good, it's good, no matter who is boning who.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I like relationships in my comics, but I'm not really a shipper. If the book is good, it's good, no matter who is boning who.
    A relationship can make or break a character. For me, who's boning who is big. Example when Buffy started boning Spike, I was out. The relationship was sick & made Buffy look beyond pathetic & stupid. And I still get ticked she had to be dragged through the mud for the sake of Spike...So I never rewatch the last 3 seasons when Spike became a love interest. And I hate Mystique for the same reason. Creed being paired with her is another thing that ruined what used to be a solid character. She's not the only thing that's ruined him. But that pairing doesn't help.

So that's where some are. Shipping isn't everything. But a relationship can elevate or utterly destroy a character depending on how it's written. So in fiction where relationships are a bigger focal point (Soap Opera), many root for the pairs they think do the most justice & add the most positivity to their beloved characters. If they have to be paired at all. Some would be fine is characters could be single and casually fun.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-03-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    A relationship can make or break a character. For me, who's boning who is big. Example when Buffy started boning Spike, I was out. The relationship was sick & made Buffy look beyond pathetic & stupid. And I still get ticked she had to be dragged through the mud for the sake of Spike...So I never rewatch the last 3 seasons when Spike became a love interest. And I hate Mystique for the same reason. Creed being paired with her is another thing that ruined what used to be a solid character. She's not the only thing that's ruined him. But that pairing doesn't help.

So that's where some are. Shipping isn't everything. But a relationship can elevate or utterly destroy a character depending on how it's written. So in fiction where relationships are a bigger focal point (Soap Opera), many root for the pairs they think do the most justice & add the most positivity to their beloved characters. If they have to be paired at all. Some would be fine is characters could be single and casually fun.
    Well, what I mean is, I'm open minded, not that I'm indifferent. Relationships are relevant to the quality of the book, absolutely, but what matters is if the relationship is well written. Not if the relationship is between A and B, and not A and C. Correct me if I'm wrong, I never watched Buffy so I can't compare directly, but that sounds like a case where the resultant story wasn't good.

I'm a long-time Runaways fan. Nico and Karolina finally got together after years of me thinking they'd be a good couple. But if Rainbow Rowell hadn't wound up writing the relationship well, it wouldn't have mattered. Similarly, I've never been interested in Gurt and Victor getting together, but Rowell is writing it well and so it's selling it for me.

But you do have a point, sometimes the only way for two characters to get together is through bad writing. I'm just saying bad writing is the issue there, and not the fact that it isn't my OTP.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Well, what I mean is, I'm open minded, not that I'm indifferent. Relationships are relevant to the quality of the book, absolutely, but what matters is if the relationship is well written. Not if the relationship is between A and B, and not A and C. Correct me if I'm wrong, I never watched Buffy so I can't compare directly, but that sounds like a case where the resultant story wasn't good.

I'm a long-time Runaways fan. Nico and Karolina finally got together after years of me thinking they'd be a good couple. But if Rainbow Rowell hadn't wound up writing the relationship well, it wouldn't have mattered. Similarly, I've never been interested in Gurt and Victor getting together, but Rowell is writing it well and so it's selling it for me.

But you do have a point, sometimes the only way for two characters to get together is through bad writing. I'm just saying bad writing is the issue there, and not the fact that it isn't my OTP.
    Buffy x Spike was a huge can of worms.

She was resurrected by her friends after having been killed. But all they did was pull her out of Heaven where she was happy & at peace. Alive again, she's got tons of debt, raising her sister as a single parent, working at a fast food place, and friends who are busy with their own issues. SO she goes to Spike. They fight most of an episode and brutalize each other, then have sex. Spike emotionally abuse her by constantly telling her she came back wrong, she's evil, she doesn't belong with her friends, etc. At one point he tells her to watch her friends down below while he sodomizes her on a balcony and tells her she belongs in the darkness with him. Meanwhile Buffy had a serious case of No = Yes where she'd trash Spike, then start smooching & shagging him. She tries to use him for sex only, but once she gets better, she dumps him because she doesn't love him. However, she's shown getting jealous when he's with other girls, and he later tries to rape her when she won't take him back.

Sarah Michelle Gellar was the one who proposed the idea of Spuffy to Joss Whedon, who said no more vampires. But he made it happen, and it was sick when he did it. Then Sarah hated the dark turn Whedon put on the relationship and I hear was close to quitting a few times due to all the degrading antics with Spike, and her hating the character being written that way.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-03-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Most people don't care about shipping either other than their select few characters.

I don't think that is unpopular opinion. Relationships is probably the last thing I am looking for out of an X-book. I understand their place messy triangle with Wolverine,Cyclops and Jean or Emma, Jean and Cyclops help fuel B stories/side stories and interactions and drama is good for books. But Relationships are side adventures to main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    And that’s what we call TASTE!
    What? But that's basically the grossest romance ever.

Such a step down for Ororo yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Most people don't care about shipping either other than their select few characters.
    Religious people don’t believe of all the same gods as atheists, bar their own.