Page 160 of 669 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 10033

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Religious people don’t believe of all the same gods as atheists, bar their own.
    That was the point I was making.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    And that’s what we call TASTE!
    Word!

I really liked Logan and Ororo and always have; I think Claremont built that over time. But overall no, while I like some romances, I don't care about them too much in the X-books with a few exceptions. I did really like Scott and Emma but it doesn't break my heart they're apart. I am not obsessed with that triangle, I can't be bothered. I always hated Warren and Betsy together, until X-Force where Remender told a story that worked (same with Morrison deconstructing Scott and Jean). I despised Scott and Jean and Rogue and Gambit together for the duration of the 90s. These days, with them not dominating the books in saccharine stories, and IMO better writing off and on in the 21st century, I have no strong feelings against any of them. If the books are good and the characters aren't being ruined or marginalized in my eyes that's all I really care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Buffy x Spike was a huge can of worms.

She was resurrected by her friends after having been killed. But all they did was pull her out of Heaven where she was happy & at peace. Alive again, she's got tons of debt, raising her sister as a single parent, working at a fast food place, and friends who are busy with their own issues. SO she goes to Spike. They fight most of an episode and brutalize each other, then have sex. Spike emotionally abuse her by constantly telling her she came back wrong, she's evil, she doesn't belong with her friends, etc. At one point he tells her to watch her friends down below while he sodomizes her on a balcony and tells her she belongs in the darkness with him. Meanwhile Buffy had a serious case of No = Yes where she'd trash Spike, then start smooching & shagging him. She tries to use him for sex only, but once she gets better, she dumps him because she doesn't love him. However, she's shown getting jealous when he's with other girls, and he later tries to rape her when she won't take him back.

Sarah Michelle Gellar was the one who proposed the idea of Spuffy to Joss Whedon, who said no more vampires. But he made it happen, and it was sick when he did it. Then Sarah hated the dark turn Whedon put on the relationship and I hear was close to quitting a few times due to all the degrading antics with Spike, and her hating the character being written that way.
    Now I udertand why fans say that Buffy ended on the 5th season
    I have nothing about bad relationship, but at least do it with some class. And end it before get super bad...

I think bad written relationships that are ofensive really make a story worse. A bad relationship that writer recognizes is bad and do a story about it being bad is much better.
    A bland relationship is boring, but I take it instead of a offensive one

BANNED

Doug has more potential as a character than most of the staple X-Men and should be given a prominent role going forward.

“Everything is language. I am language. I am everything.

-- Cypher

redacted]]]]]]]]]]]
    Last edited by danielsan52; 10-29-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I hate the current Hickman arc.

Might drop the Hickman stuff. Magneto and PM Boris haven't even spoken yet.

Mike Matei should get a blonde wig and be MCU Motherfucker Doug.

I would've preferred Kyo over Terry. I know, I know.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

100% agree. Hate it.

BANNED

Not to fond of it either. The whole business with Krakoa seems to me at odds with everything the X-Men in-universe were supposed to be.

BANNED

Alternately - and this is not about the above post, it's just general bafflement on my part - I see people on social media waxing rhapsodic about how this book can't compare to the heights of stuff like, idk, Messiah Complex or Second Coming, and I'm like - those events were basically merchandising-friendly schlock I barely remember and can't be fucked about. It was all just plate-spinning for books which Marvel corporate no longer cared about at the time, with fan service shit like Bastion, etc. and a time travel event that meant nothing for a character (Hope) with no real future purpose. People acting like Hope, Cable/Bishop in the future, the Lights, Kyle/Yost time travel-y shit is somehow the height of the X-franchise is beyond me. I just don't get it. None of that shit had any impact, it was just time-wasting filler and an attempt to keep X-fans buying the latest summer crossover waiting for something to happen. They were slightly higher-gloss version of 90s crap like X-Cutioner's Song (and yes, X-Cutioner's Song was bad at the time), Phalanx Covenant, The Twelve, OZT.

Even the Utopia/SF era as a whole - there is some nice stuff in that period, but ultimately it is insubstantial and largely irrelevant to the franchise overall. (Not as insubstantial as the post-Secret Wars mess until now, of course, but then what is?)
    Last edited by powerpax; 09-05-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Messiah Complex and Second Coming had no impact and were just filler? LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Messiah Complex and Second Coming had no impact and were just filler? LOL
    Let's take stock of its repercussions and see where the characters and events have taken us in the last ten years, shall we?

Hope = Discontinued Jean Grey AU Funko Pop
    The Lights = Who?
    Mutantkind = Actually restored in a more important event later on
    Bishop the traitor = Never mind
    The timeline shit = Not important
    Cable = Dead

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Let's take stock of its repercussions and see where the characters and events have taken us in the last ten years, shall we?

Hope = Discontinued Jean Grey Funko Pop
    The Lights = Who?
    Mutantkind = Actually restored in a more important event later on
    Bishop the traitor = Never mind
    The timeline shit = Not important
    Cable = Dead
    Messiah Complex was hardly filler and had no impact. That event drove the line for years which culminated in AvX. An event like Age of X-man had no impact and was filler. MC and SC were hardly that. Those events drove story and titles and new status quos were born from them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Messiah Complex was hardly filler and had no impact. That event drove the line for years which culminated in AvX.
    In ancillary books a lot of people didn't read. I'm just saying a lot of people did not care what Cable and Bishop were doing in the future chasing each other like Looney Toons.

Those events drove story and titles and new status quos were born from them
    The only event that had a real impact was AvX. Hope was used as part of that to help repower the mutants, but she was not central to the story of the Phoenix Five. She also only did that as part of a larger cross-company event which also heavily featured the Avengers and Wanda Maximoff at the end. Frankly Hope's entire role in that event struck me as the X-office's last gasp attempt to say 'look, she meant something, see? See?!' It was tying off a loose end.

What did the Lights, Cable, Bishop contribute to AvX or repowering mutants? Nothing.

Now Jean is back and Hope can't get a quarter to do her laundry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Not to fond of it either. The whole business with Krakoa seems to me at odds with everything the X-Men in-universe were supposed to be.
    my headcanon is many xmen were against it, but Xavier emotionally blackmailed them into supporting the Krakoa plan by resurrecting dead mutants they loved.
    Emma could have been against this, but not after Xavier resurrected Esme and Sophie.