Page 221 of 656 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 9840

Krakoa’s status quo is a knockoff of the Inhumans living in isolation.

How the turn tables turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I don't agree that Krakoa is any less isolating than the X-Mansion.

If anything, I find it's limited the mutants interaction with the world more than anything; yes, mutants will politically engage with the entire world on the global stage. But strong political relations is not equal (and should not be considered as good substitute for) different people being able to live amongst each other. In fact, I find that argument to be a farce.

For example; I live in the UK. We engage with the entire world politically speaking; yet I know people who have never left the country or have ever even encountered anyone remotely dissimilar to them outside of their 'local' circles (ethnicity, religion, orientations, ect, ect.) You can imagine the problematic behaviour that breeds; I can easily see that being the case for the human world if mutants are truly going to stay 'out of the way' on Krakoa--that negative impressions will never be proven wrong, hateful stereotypes will be continued to perpetuate and the people who wanted them gone will still feel justified in attacking any mutant who even tries to set foot off the island. It's going to result in small-town-mindedness on both ends, actually.
    I wonder if it is the kind of story Hickman wants to tell… It is obvious, at least to me, that setting people apart can only result in misunderstandings and animosity.
    It depends how realistic the writers want the stories to be. But if the 'humans' are already depicted as 'fundamentally bad', nothing what the mutants might do will change that.

At this point, I want to restate that the 'baseline humans' are us, without powers… but not without talents, values. (They are even able to make comics… )
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I wonder if it is the kind of story Hickman wants to tell… It is obvious, at least to me, that setting people apart can only result in misunderstandings and animosity.
    It depends how realistic the writers want the stories to be. But if the 'humans' are already depicted as 'fundamentally bad', nothing what the mutants might do will change that.

At this point, I want to restate that the 'baseline humans' are us, without powers… but not without talents, values. (They are even able to make comics… )
    I actually wonder if Hickman hasn't misunderstood the X-Men's original message as a whole?

From the interviews I've seen...honestly, he seems like the kind of fan who liked the idea, but wasn't actually paying attention to the more minute details. He liked the classic hero vs villain approach and, thus, over-simplified it. It basically feels like a case of "This is the right way to do it!!" (Which I actually recall him saying in one of those...)

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

Yes, this is exactly how the x-men feel after krakoa to me.

Agree. Its honestly really bizarre that more people aren't pointing this out. Marvel tried to force the qualities that made the X-men popular (diversity, anyone can be a hero, minority struggles, etc.) onto the Inhumans, which only made them look terrible and everyone hated them. Now they're taking most of the factors that people didn't like about the Inhumans (elitism, separation, genetic castes, supremacist leanings) and forcing it onto the mutants. The only thing missing is the literal slave race, which I really hope never ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Agree. Its honestly really bizarre that more people aren't pointing this out. Marvel tried to force the qualities that made the X-men popular (diversity, anyone can be a hero, minority struggles, etc.) onto the Inhumans, which only made them look terrible and everyone hated them. Now they're taking most of the factors that people didn't like about the Inhumans (elitism, separation, genetic castes, supremacist leanings) and forcing it onto the mutants. The only thing missing is the literal slave race, which I really hope never ever happens.
    I'm pretty sure it was the murderous cloud that the inhumans barely played up on in their own books that high jacked the x books for nearly two years that was the actual problem. Mutants are giving humans a life saving dryg to be recognized. Inhumans swooped in turned citizens into inhumans against their will, changed the very fabric of earth with their cloud and demanded recognition and not one country or human in the mu said boo. So similarities but far from the same.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I bet they could find them some, maybe the Bamfs could be lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I bet they could find them some, maybe the Bamfs could be lol.
    Maybe they’ll find some slaves in the sister island that appeared near Krakoa, lol.

The X-Men even have an upcoming book with the Fantastic Four, same as the Inhumans used to. Oh my God, Marvel’s pushing the X-Men to replace the Inhumans!

Are the Inhumans even a thing anymore? Arent they dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Are the Inhumans even a thing anymore? Arent they dead?
    Don't even remember. Something happened with Blackbolt vs. Vox. Marvel's not gonna bother with them until a writer wants to write them themselves. Kinda sucks 'cause I think Medusa's power is really cool.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

The Inhuman royalty (mostly) survived Vox and were teleported someplace else by Lockjaw, at Black Bolt's command, with the specified destination being "Home." Nothing else follows.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Astonishing Member

for me the biggest issue about Krakoa is the resurrections and my biggest problem is some mutants not having any problem with the resurrections
    a widower who remarried, what happens if you resurrect his dead wife?

what if someone refuses to believe the clones hava the same soul as the dead person, and therefore isn't the same person?

don't the mutants have different religions and different ideas about it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    for me the biggest issue about Krakoa is the resurrections and my biggest problem is some mutants not having any problem with the resurrections
    a widower who remarried, what happens if you resurrect his dead wife?

what if someone refuses to believe the clones hava the same soul as the dead person, and therefore isn't the same person?

don't the mutants have different religions and different ideas about it?
    You'd think so, but so far the closest we had to anyone wanting to discuss it was in New Mutants and, even then, the writer basically hand-waved it away by having the canonically extremely religious character wave it off because she was (to paraphrase) "Just so happy right now."

It's...frustrating. And feels far too convenient, not to mention lazy. I've always said; if you believe strongly enough in what you're writing, then you won't be afraid to challenge it or have it challenged in narrative.

BANNED

I don't remember the inhumans actively seeking trade with other countries, trying to develop their economy, actually getting involved in politics in the 616 universe and whatnot. I do remember that the closest they got involved in politics was trying to gain allies in case a war with the X-Men broke out and they needed the upper hand. For the most part, they were indeed isolated but their stories ranged from subjects related to the Kree or progenitors, the whole terrigen problem and, before that, they were indeed isolated and wanted nothing to do with the rest of the world.

I understand having criticisms against the status quo. But there's a bit of a difference between dislike for something and being so blind that you start seeing things for what you want them to be and not what they are.

Hopefully, there's a lesson to be learned there.