Page 507 of 663 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 9936

The whole legacy characters stuff was mostly a DC thing. Marvel never really ran with that until recently which is probably a case of them trying to be more like DC which is a shame. I always preferred Marvel to DC. Their characters were all about individuality, but I guess the House of Ideas ran out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    The multiple character with the same name thing usually bugs me, but there are cases where it doesn't. In cases where the name was also a rank or a job, I never had an issue, for example, Green Lantern, Nova, heck even Robin I was fine with. Other times I was ok was when a legacy character assumed the mantle and kept the name, Wally West Flash and Laura for example. I think they earned it and it fits better than any other (unpopular opinion, I prefer Wally to Barry).

Other characters... I'm not a fan. I don't like having 2 people named Spider-Man or Hawkeye etc.
    Yeah, it's a question of HOW, not just IF you re-use a name. Carol Danvers appointing Tsu-zana as the new Miss Marvel actually meant something since Carol had been teaching her how to be a superhero. Karla Sofen taking over the role... also meant something... different, but very much something. After that? not so much....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    The multiple character with the same name thing usually bugs me, but there are cases where it doesn't. In cases where the name was also a rank or a job, I never had an issue, for example, Green Lantern, Nova, heck even Robin I was fine with. Other times I was ok was when a legacy character assumed the mantle and kept the name, Wally West Flash and Laura for example. I think they earned it and it fits better than any other (unpopular opinion, I prefer Wally to Barry).

Other characters... I'm not a fan. I don't like having 2 people named Spider-Man or Hawkeye etc.
    Nailed it on the head.
    This is exactly how I feel.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, it's a question of HOW, not just IF you re-use a name. Carol Danvers appointing Tsu-zana as the new Miss Marvel actually meant something since Carol had been teaching her how to be a superhero. Karla Sofen taking over the role... also meant something... different, but very much something. After that? not so much....
    All this.Straight facts

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The whole legacy characters stuff was mostly a DC thing. Marvel never really ran with that until recently which is probably a case of them trying to be more like DC which is a shame. I always preferred Marvel to DC. Their characters were all about individuality, but I guess the House of Ideas ran out of ideas.
    Yeah DC should do legacy stuff.Marvel was so good with individuals.
    Look how the mighty have fallen

Extraordinary Member

IIRC...she was still Ultra-Girl...she was just in Carol's old bathing suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    IIRC...she was still Ultra-Girl...she was just in Carol's old bathing suit.
    Really? hmm... I may have misremembered it.

They should use Kid Omega to bring the X-Men into the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

Really? hmm... I may have misremembered it.
    Especially since, you know, Carol was still Ms Marvel during Avengers Initiative.

A cure should be more of an insult to all mutants than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    A cure should be more of an insult to all mutants than anything else.
    Heh, A lot of mutants agree, such as Apocalypse and Magneto, but... some see their powers as a curse... like Rogue. Funny thing is... Apoccy is one of those mutants who WAS hated for being a mutant as a child. He's like "F- you all!" and began kicking butts. Yeah Apoccy was born looking weird, a "killcrop" as someone once put it. But he was raised by someone who hoped he would grow to be well... superhuman. And... a few thousand years later.... yeah Apoccy is still kicking people's butts.

In Rogue's case, wouldn't it be better to mitigate/otherwise control her powers rather than outright eliminate them? I understand most of them just want to be "normal", but I feel like after all they've seen it would be difficult to just stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    In Rogue's case, wouldn't it be better to mitigate/otherwise control her powers rather than outright eliminate them? I understand most of them just want to be "normal", but I feel like after all they've seen it would be difficult to just stay away.
    Well yes, but it's at least understandable that Rogue would see them as a curse and maybe take the opportunity to get rid of them.

I honestly feel that Grant Morrison introduced the worst characters in their run, in particular Basilisk and Dummy who were just made to die and I have autism so Dummy's death is disgusting to me as it implies that all autistic characters have to be made as jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleBatman View Post
    I honestly feel that Grant Morrison introduced the worst characters in their run, in particular Basilisk and Dummy who were just made to die and I have autism so Dummy's death is disgusting to me as it implies that all autistic characters have to be made as jokes.
    I am not agreeing with his character being bad by themselves, but i agree with lot of them being used just for shock purpose, not the best aspect of that period.