Page 101 of 655 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This is tangent fodder, but one thing I think the X-Men need is more old people.

I'd love for X-Men to have some legit middle-aged dad bods and/or grandma shaped heroines among their advisory "guy in the chair" team segments. I realize the nature of puberty mutations means the rosters and cast skew toward children and young adults but there have to be mutants who've lived in the closet or underground or had their mutations forcibly removed. There have to be mutants of Xavier's generation with less notoriety and heroism. If X-Men are supposed to be an analogy for the LGBT experience, give me the Vanessa Redgrave from Walls Could Talk 2.
    Scott Summers with a Dad Bod.

Scott Summers should be allowed to hang out with his kids!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Scott Summers with a Dad Bod.

Scott Summers should be allowed to hang out with his kids!
    Well he does...

His kids are as old as he is. His son is OLDER.

God comics are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well he does...

His kids are as old as he is. His son was OLDER.

God comics are weird.
    Fixed. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Fixed. RIP
    Cable's still alive in my heart damnit. Screw Wi-Fi.

Pretty much every writer has had their hands down their trousers when writing their version of the X-men. The only one to do it in a way that the reader can engage in and enjoy is Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Cable's still alive in my heart damnit. Screw Wi-Fi.
    I know I just got done talking about having more elder statesmen among the X-kids, but I'd be cool with a Cable-less X-world.

I don't like his limited use of powers in favor of artillery, I don't like the weird religions and strange politics of his potential future, I don't like his seeming pro-militarism image despite having a view of the future that would describe a more precise application of force, I don't like that he's considered a member of the New Mutant generation when his greatest success is being Deadpool's straight man, I don't like that he's a Summers and complicated a gnarly family tree that should be pruned back to the stem, twig, and a single singed leaf. His middle age is actually the only thing I like about him.

1) Colossus: I still see him as a pretty decent person, albeit traumatized by being Xavier's soldier. I think stories about him dealing with that pain, doing therapy and rehabilitating himself would be much more interesting than portraying him as the crazy ex again.

2) Logan's behavior towards Jean has been very problematic since ever. He constantly harasses and molests her. That's worse than anything on Scemma or Kittylossus.

3) I don't see Rogue and Gambit as classic X-Men. I don't even think their characters work well there. But maybe could suit X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Pretty much every writer has had their hands down their trousers when writing their version of the X-men. The only one to do it in a way that the reader can engage in and enjoy is Claremont.
    True Story.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This is tangent fodder, but one thing I think the X-Men need is more old people.

I'd love for X-Men to have some legit middle-aged dad bods and/or grandma shaped heroines among their advisory "guy in the chair" team segments. I realize the nature of puberty mutations means the rosters and cast skew toward children and young adults but there have to be mutants who've lived in the closet or underground or had their mutations forcibly removed. There have to be mutants of Xavier's generation with less notoriety and heroism. If X-Men are supposed to be an analogy for the LGBT experience, give me the Vanessa Redgrave from Walls Could Talk 2.
    It's an analogy for the disenfranchised and outsiders of society. The truth is everyone from every walk of life has felt like an outsider or disenfranchised at some point in their lives. Sexual orientation may be a reason why one feels that way, but let's not pretend you must be a member of that group to have ever felt that way.

As for dad bods, soft X-Men are food. If I want to read about food, I'll pickup a copy of bon appetit.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post

As for dad bods, soft X-Men are food. If I want to read about food, I'll pickup a copy of bon appetit.
    LOL, it's true. Not to mention many of them have literally super-human bodies, out of shape X-men just die.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    LOL, it's true. Not to mention many of them have literally super-human bodies, out of shape X-men just die.
    Glob & Blob are more than enough far as out of shape man-bods. lol

Otherwise, let super beings actually be in-shape.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Glob & Blob are more than enough. lol

Otherwise, let super beings actually be in-shape.
    And tech we do have a few variety of body types.. Bobby Drake is not super muscular, Gambit when drawn correctly is lean and muscular, Bishop is Thick.. Wolverine is short and thick...Beast has a particular build and human Beast had a different build than most.. Cyke has always been thin and gangely like Sam.. I do like when they kept certain things distinctive.. Roberto always been a shorty and I am glad he has kept that mostly.. Warpath has always had the body of god.. just it vaires how lean or thick he is.. Shatterstar always had cake according to Feral.

Uhm I was asking for mutants of a certain age that might have perspectives on mutant kind that isn’t the product of X or M affiliation, but different bodies is cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    It's an analogy for the disenfranchised and outsiders of society. The truth is everyone from every walk of life has felt like an outsider or disenfranchised at some point in their lives. Sexual orientation may be a reason why one feels that way, but let's not pretend you must be a member of that group to have ever felt that way.

Meh. The X-Men don't just "feel that way", they actually are actively oppressed and persecuted by society and sometimes even the government. Being LGBT is not the only thing of course, as there's also the parallels with racism, xenophobia, etc, but this whole "The mutant metaphor is equally about EVERYONE!!!" feels more and more like just cishet white people being annoyed that actual minorities can relate more closely to the prejudice the X-Men suffer. I constantly see you trying to "correct" people with this when they mention how the X-Men relate to actual minorities and it feels so mean-spirited in a way.

If the X-men are a LGBT allegory then Beast is mutant Andrew Sullivan.

Andrew Sullivan's a knob, btw
    Last edited by Foon4000; 07-19-2019 at 01:04 PM.