Page 105 of 657 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 9846
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Can't wait for HOX spoilers. I don't have Comixology, so I can't read when it comes out at 12:00 am. I suspect there will be many go get hold of it early and start putting out some reviews or comments.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Even after all this time, Wolverine still doesn't feel like someone who fits in on teams to me. I enjoy him on the X-Men (as well as Avengers) because of good writing, sure, but there's just something about him that feels like a loner more than anything else, and I think the only major reasons why he's still truly on the X-Men is ultimately because of merchandising and popularity by association.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Can't wait for HOX spoilers. I don't have Comixology, so I can't read when it comes out at 12:00 am. I suspect there will be many go get hold of it early and start putting out some reviews or comments.
    some comic shops will do midnight release too

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Even after all this time, Wolverine still doesn't feel like someone who fits in on teams to me. I enjoy him on the X-Men (as well as Avengers) because of good writing, sure, but there's just something about him that feels like a loner more than anything else, and I think the only major reasons why he's still truly on the X-Men is ultimately because of merchandising and popularity by association.
    I think they pushed him too hard in the Schism era to the point where I now feel he's outgrown the X-men. I dont really feel he fits in anymore as a regular and his inclusion feels forced more than natural

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah, i'm down for spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think they pushed him too hard in the Schism era to the point where I now feel he's outgrown the X-men. I dont really feel he fits in anymore as a regular and his inclusion feels forced more than natural
    He has good reasons to stay with then, his problem is more a lack of direction since the end of Way and Loeb run (with some awfull retcons to boot) and generally a string of creators doing a poor job with him, Aaron started interesting but lost it after Schism, Gillen's Origin II was a huge dissapointment, Cornell's run (his last solo before his death) was a bad joke, overall is not surprise that they decided to kill him and decide to take Old Man Logan into a more back to basic direction, until they decided to put him in those useless teams.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think Wolverine has been in almost as many comic issues as Spider-Man has and the majority of those are X-Men issues. It's interesting when I hear people say he doesn't fit on the Avengers, because I also think he doesn't fit on the X-Men in regards to his lone wolf attitude that I don't think has ever fully gone away.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I think Wolverine has been in almost as many comic issues as Spider-Man has and the majority of those are X-Men issues. It's interesting when I hear people say he doesn't fit on the Avengers, because I also think he doesn't fit on the X-Men in regards to his lone wolf attitude that I don't think has ever fully gone away.
    He's in more issues than Spider-Man last time I checked.

Storm is the Pam Beesly of the X-Men, a massive loser who’s failed in both archetypes or roles she was pushed in:

1). Big sister/mother of the X-Men
    2). Leader of the X-Men

Both of these roles writers had already given to Jean and Scott, but tried to squeeze Storm into them until it didn’t work out and both Scott and Jean took the roles back because they did it better.

Like Pam failing art school and half-assing being a saleswoman, Storm and Pam fell into their positions by failing upwards and now we’re stuck with Storm as a character that’s just around, but with the accolades of both previous roles she tried half-assedly that fans won’t stop tossing around as experience.

Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-26-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Storm is the Pam Beesly of the X-Men, a massive loser who’s failed in both archetypes or roles she was pushed in:

2). Leader of the X-Men

Both of these roles writers had already given to Jean and Scott, but tried to squeeze Storm into them until it didn’t work out and both Scott and Jean took the roles back because they did it better.

Like Pam failing art school and half-assing being a saleswoman, Storm and Pam fell into their positions by failing upwards and now we’re stuck with Storm as a character that’s just around, but with the accolades of both previous roles she tried half-assedly.

Lol this post is very meta.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

2). Leader of the X-Men

Like Pam failing art school and half-assing being a saleswoman, Storm and Pam fell into their positions by failing upwards and now we’re stuck with Storm as a character that’s just around, but with the accolades of both previous roles she tried half-assedly.

Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-26-2019 at 12:32 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What's a Pam Beesly?
    "Cable was right!"

Storm is a character that emerges to prominence in “chapter 2” of X-Men. Her fans are either 1, ready for the next chapter that would suggest growth or 2, a retread of the chapter that gave her such exposure.

Her problem is that the brand continues to recycle chapter 1 over and over and over.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Storm is a character that emerges to prominence in “chapter 2” of X-Men. Her fans are either 1, ready for the next chapter that would suggest growth or 2, a retread of the chapter that gave her such exposure.

Her problem is that the brand continues to recycle chapter 1 over and over and over.
    The problem is the logical next chapter of the X-men is not Storm taking over Cyclops, but Xavier dying or leaving and Scott taking over him, and it always has been.

When Claremont tried to push Storm for the role, he wanted to have the most obsessed and dedicated X-man retire in his early 20's, which was illogical even with Jean around, and 100 times more or so when he had Scott marry a doppelganger that just happens to be working in his grandparents' company (even though Scott grew up in an orphanage) and have no memories, and the two hitching if off a couple of months after meeting each other without anyone thinking there was anything wrong with it. It was never going to last not only because superheroes never retire, but because there was no logic into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The problem is the logical next chapter of the X-men is not Storm taking over Cyclops, but Xavier dying or leaving and Scott taking over him, and it always has been.

When Claremont tried to push Storm for the role, he wanted to have the most obsessed and dedicated X-man retire in his early 20's, which was illogical even with Jean around, and 100 times more or so when he had Scott marry a doppelganger that just happens to be working in his grandparents' company (even though Scott grew up in an orphanage) and have no memories, and the two hitching if off a couple of months after meeting each other without anyone thinking there was anything wrong with it. It was never going to last not only because superheroes never retire, but because there was no logic into it.
    Yeah. I can't with Claremont being mad that Scott and Maddie didn't last. If he hadn't said he actually wanted them together, I'd imagine most people would assume it was always meant to end horribly. It just feels like something that's set for failure.