Page 115 of 668 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 10009

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Gambit should’ve been black.
    Still think so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Cyclops may have been called Hitler but on panel it was the black guy Bishop actually shown committing Hitler style mass genocide. So between the two who got it worse? The guy being called names and getting all the shine and spotlight or the guy who is seen as a mass murderer and was absent from the book for years? I think we know who the real victim is.
    Man that sucked for Bishop but you don't see people hating him for that. Everybody acts like it didn't happen.

You don't see as much people hating on him as you see Cyclops. Bishop had one bad story, everybody has one. The fans, the people reading these books hate Scott because Marvel keeps making him look like an ass for decades and they keep doing it, without caring.
    The fact that as you said Bishop is seeing as a victim of bad writing for messing up (he was a victim) but when Cyclops messes up he is seen as an ass by the fans and not a victim of bad writting should prove how they have actually tried to **** one but not the other, how the disdain has reached the fans because they actually percive Cyclops as unlikeable.
    Last edited by CuteNimrod; 08-03-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Cyclops may have been called Hitler but on panel it was the black guy Bishop actually shown committing Hitler style mass genocide. So between the two who got it worse? The guy being called names and getting all the shine and spotlight or the guy who is seen as a mass murderer and was absent from the book for years? I think we know who the real victim is.
    And Bishop only recently came back, and you still have fans saying he's a monster getting an easy pass. The senior editor was on twitter saying how Bishop is getting off easy and that more people should be pissed at him.

Then when he was paired up with jean for all of 1 chapter in AoX, people were crapping stones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This. And Bishop only recently came back, and you still have fans saying he's a monster getting an easy pass. With the senior editor saying to fans how Bishop is getting off easy and that more people should be pissed at him.
    But everybody suffers that!
    Don't you see people hating Cyclops hundreds of times more for Maddie and Morrison's fiascos? Some don't even understand he is a fictional character and hate him for real. Some people don't understand he was an editorial puppet all those times and don't doubt one second to hate him for that. That didn't happen with Bishop (or other POCs which was my original point)
    Last edited by CuteNimrod; 08-03-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Yeah comparing him with the worst monster of human history was such a huge favor. Showed how much they cared but doing less to other characters is a tragedy, lol

Who is the most popular POC? isn't that Storm?
    again as i said, everybody gets crap, no need to victimism or looking for things that aren't there. I just gave an example of a white guy being treated worse.
    Bishop is the second most popular or he was. Cyclops wasn't treated worse than Bishop:
    everything Cyclops did wrong was actually Emma
    Bishop really tried to kill a baby and commited mass murderer
    on x-men civil war Bishop betrayed x-men
    Bishop wasn't on x-men books for years.

It's really easy to know who got the best here

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    But everybody suffers that!
    Don't you see people hating Cyclops hundreds of times more for Maddie and Morrison's fiascos? Some don't even understand he is a fictional character and hate him for real.
    And yet he's still one of the most popular men next to Logan & still gets to kiss Jean, and possible walk away with both women given JDW's comments.

Meanwhile for POC.

Storm -Depicted as a terrible leader who got lots of people killed and just flies around shooting lightening when she's not wallpaper.
    Monet + Sunspot -Turned into white people
    Bishop -Turned into a mass murderer and expelled from the X-books. Until recently, and probably due to Hickman.
    Synch + Skin -The only two from GenX who are dead and Synch's death being stupid and contradictory to how his powers work.
    Triage -Depowered for being a copycat of Elixir...no need to say how that was screwed up.
    Jubilee -Needlessly de-powered and turned into a vampire for years on end. Again, only getting cured when Hickman came on board.

The X-Office doesn't have good treatment of the CoC. Again, yes. There are white characters who are treated terribly. One of my favorite characters is white, and he's been treated like **** for 16 years. lol But there's still white characters who get minis, solos, spin-offs, tons of preferential writers'-pet treatment. Meanwhile 98% of the COC are treated as tokens for the white characters when they're not wallpaper, in limbo, or getting whitewashed

Pretty sure Hickman wasn't already on board for Ressurxion. Jubilee getting cured/repowered has nothing to do with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Bishop is the second most popular or he was. Cyclops wasn't treated worse than Bishop:
    everything Cyclops did wrong was actually Emma
    Bishop really tried to kill a baby and commited mass murderer
    on x-men civil war Bishop betrayed x-men
    Bishop wasn't on x-men books for years.

It's really easy to know who got the best here
    Listen, I'm not attacking Bishop. He wasn't even on my original post but you keep mentioning him. But the fact that you are defending him and yet hating on Cyclops is what i'm trying to point. Cyclops was intentionally made unlikeable to the point were fans hate him for the same writer/editorial decision of making them mess up.
    To understand my point do me this favor and tell me
    how do you feel about Cyclops? how do you feel about Bishop? and why? Why Bishop is a victim but Cyclops an ass? (i'm feeling there is something other than the POC treatment on your comment)
    Last edited by CuteNimrod; 08-03-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Pretty sure Hickman wasn't already on board for Ressurxion. Jubilee getting cured/repowered has nothing to do with him.
    He was said to have been working on his stuff for over a year with Jubes in his first wave of books. So he probably wanted her with powers given how big a fan he is of GenX and his recent statements that he planned to fix things with them.

BANNED

And yet he's still one of the most popular men next to Logan & still gets to kiss Jean, and possible walk away with both women given JDW's comments.

Meanwhile for POC.

Storm -Depicted as a terrible leader who got lots of people killed and just flies around shooting lightening when she's not wallpaper.
    Monet + Sunspot -Turned into white people
    Bishop -Turned into a mass murderer and expelled from the X-books. Until recently, and probably due to Hickman.
    Synch + Skin -The only two from GenX who are dead and Synch's death being stupid and contradictory to how his powers work.
    Triage -Depowered for being a copycat of Elixir...no need to say how that was screwed up.
    Jubilee -Needlessly de-powered and turned into a vampire for years on end. Again, only getting cured when Hickman came on board.

The X-Office doesn't have good treatment of the CoC. Again, yes. There are white characters who are treated terribly. One of my favorite characters is white, and he's been treated like **** for 16 years. lol But there's still white characters who get minis, solos, spin-offs, tons of preferential writers'-pet treatment. Meanwhile 98% of the COC are treated as tokens for the white characters when they're not wallpaper, in limbo, or getting whitewashed
    1- Popularity is something different. That has nothing to do with being POC. Characters are popular because people identify as them/like them not for editorial pushes. Popularity is something natural, it can't be forced.
    2- You pointed Storm being painted as a bad leader, wasn't the last Uncanny run about how bad leader was Cyclops with some saying directly that he sucks at it and everything is his fault? he has been on an apology tour since AvX.
    Sunspot case is tragic i will give you that one.
    You people keep throwing Bishop, not me. Anyway Cyclops suffered too, he was made a terrorist, a pariah to the entire marvel universe, Marvel paints him as a bad father and husband. Do you think they would dare to do that with Bishop??? I don't think so.
    Synch, maybe nobody is interested enough in writing him to bring him back. that has more to do with popularity rather than being POC.
    Triagle, yes, that sucked, usually happens when people with similar powers even if they are both white.
    I liked vampire Jubilee.

3-getting solos and teams depends on the fans, on the popularity, on how much each character can sell. Not on being POC, many white characters don't sell and for that they don't appear anywhere.

He was said to have been working on his stuff for over a year with Jubes in his first wave of books. So he probably wanted her with powers given how big a fan he is of GenX and his recent statements that he planned to fix things with them.
    According to JDW Hickman made his pitch shortly after he got in charge of the X-Men. Generation X was still under Mark Paniccia. JDW took over in March 2018. The issue with Jubilee getting repowered came out in January 2018. Even if the decision for him to take over happened before, the issue was solicited October 2017, and certainly planned before that(maybe even since the beginning, I think Strain may have said so in some interview but I don't really know).

BANNED

Yo soy latino americano por si las dudas, no quiero dar el mensaje equivocado.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Honestly, I'm more confused as to why Cyclops and Bishop get brought up together so often?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    According to JDW Hickman made his pitch shortly after he got in charge of the X-Men. Generation X was still under Mark Paniccia. JDW took over in March 2018. The issue with Jubilee getting repowered came out in January 2018. Even if the decision for him to take over happened before, the issue was solicited October 2017, and certainly planned before that(maybe even since the beginning, I think Strain may have said so in some interview but I don't really know).
    I've read that as well, maybe on twitter? Fixing Jubilee and Monet were always part of her plan, and her hiring definitely predates the Hickman plans, since it was the editorial regime prior to the one that hired him.

But all things considered, given Hickman's vocal love of Generation X, and the use of Mondo, Chamber, Jubilee, Husk and M in the X-books under his influence, I think it's pretty likely she would've been anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Honestly, I'm more confused as to why Cyclops and Bishop get brought up together so often?
    I'm starting to think it is just spirit2011, who seems to dislike Cyclops. Bishop slept with Jean and then suddenly he is the best and a victim. I have been reading her messages (hello girl!) and there is nothing about Bishop until some started speculating he was going to be with Jean).

Telepathic sex is unforgidable but trying to kill Cable for years is not.