Page 12 of 664 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Speaking of Austen, did people like Hero Juggernaut? Maybe it's just my unhealthy empathizing with anyone who feels resentful or jealous of their brother, but I always liked Cain and felt sorry for him. I think it was nice to see him on the good side.
    My real sympathy for juggernaut started when he went solo against WW hulk powerless to defend Xavier. He may have hated chuck in the past but Xavier was such a jerk and even then Cain risked his neck to save him (I was rooting for hulk during that event, he has more common with the X men than the avengers), then he got the Cyttorak power and nearly defeated WWH but lost. In the end he told Xavier he hold no grudge against the X men but they'd better leave him alone for their own good. Since then he's been in villain until Yost rescued him and established as the juggernaut again, and holy Jesus in that arc he took down Colossus all by himself with no powers and then he somehow lost to him.
    Juggernaut has the potential to be a reluctant ally to the X men just like Magneto and frenzy were

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Anyway, my unpopular opinion:

Hardcore X-Men fans are rapidly becoming their own worst enemy. Yes, Marvel's done the X-Men dirty with the whole Terrigen Mists thing. Harassing and belittling folks who are enjoying the Inhumans books isn't going to 1) change Perlmutter's mind or 2) make the X-Men more popular.
    Preach, seriously people need to chill about something so fluent and incossistent as marvel comics.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I'm with you on this one.

Does anybody non cosmic have more blood on their hands than Vic?
    Maybe Blackbolt ?.

Quote Originally Posted by myeldermoon View Post
    Preach, seriously people need to chill about something so fluent and incossistent as marvel comics.
    Agreed totally. Another one of my unpopular opinions overlaps with Anduinel's: The fans are sometimes the worst things about this franchise. This applies to most fandoms of course, but comic book fandom is just next level. It's human nature I guess.

Fantastic Member

The austenīs uncanny x-men was-.... funny

i like the austenīs x-men... with the crazy lorna... and the nurse and her rare son and the sex-in-flight of Angel and husk... this was bizarre

it is the more and bizarre x-men ever but I do not hate as x-treme maybe it was simply.... bizarre and funny

you can simply enjoy

Mighty Member

Not sure if it's been said before. But Claremont's writing of characters is so stilted and unnatural it can be tiring to get through any issue of his.

I feel a lot of the time that he's had wonderful concepts and stories and arcs that are worth remembering, but the panel to panel for a lot of his stories are an absolute slog to get through with any number of jokes that kinda run their course the seventieth time they cropped up. Also a lot of his characters tend to blend into each other after any significant arc with them and I'm always left feeling like I enjoyed the product of his stories as a whole, but never so much the experience through them.

Also he had a lot of plots that were just "And then this happened" and you're wondering if it would amount to anything more, and then it doesn't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    The austenīs uncanny x-men was-.... funny

i like the austenīs x-men... with the crazy lorna... and the nurse and her rare son and the sex-in-flight of Angel and husk... this was bizarre

it is the more and bizarre x-men ever but I do not hate as x-treme maybe it was simply.... bizarre and funny

you can simply enjoy
    I liked some of Austen's ideas. Good guy Juggernaut was fun. I also liked the idea that mutants might start forming factions based on their powers or appearances. Otherwise . . . not the greatest.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by myeldermoon View Post
    I feel that at a certain point, instead of spewing vitriol and reflexively dismissing every idea that comes out, you need to just take your head canon and leave the franchise.

Let writers do their thing, and let the new generation of fans decide its value.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I liked some of Austen's ideas. Good guy Juggernaut was fun. I also liked the idea that mutants might start forming factions based on their powers or appearances. Otherwise . . . not the greatest.
    I actually thought She Lies With Angels had a lot of potential (thus why I reworked it for my fic), it just failed in the execution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    I feel that at a certain point, instead of spewing vitriol and reflexively dismissing every idea that comes out, you need to just take your head canon and leave the franchise.

Let writers do their thing, and let the new generation of fans decide its value.
    The problem is that with marvel and Fox there will be no next generation of X fans

As one might presume from my profile, I liked the twist that Sage was originally sent by Xavier to infiltrate the Hellfire Club as Tessa.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Speaking of Austen, did people like Hero Juggernaut? Maybe it's just my unhealthy empathizing with anyone who feels resentful or jealous of their brother, but I always liked Cain and felt sorry for him. I think it was nice to see him on the good side.
    That was the only enjoyable aspect of Austen's run.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    You're right. As we know it'd definitely make for more compelling storytelling to have Mystique reap the consequences and accept accountability for her heinous deeds than the constant evasion of providence. Or convenience. At some point, though, the writer or writers are going to have to face the music--she can't keep on running around in circles like this. What did you think of Claremont's Dream's End and Mystique's portrayal in that, in addition to the implications of her actions in that story and whether or not she faced the music?

I have not read Claremont Dream End. So I can't comment on it. Mystique never facing consequences for her actions. Is a symptom of a bigger problem with the writers. It's not the first time a favored character simply escapes and does it too easily. As the character(s) are favorites of a writer. Bendis a perfect example of such a writer. Whatever character he likes can do anything. I still remember that time when a Quinn Jet with the Avengers and Spider-man inside was shot down by one his favored characters. Without Spider-man spider sense going off. When if written properly would have warned him before it happened. So while I want to see a story where Mystique finally faces the consequences of her actions. Or finally admits she screwed up her own life and admits it her fault. It's not going to happen imo. Who knows why.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

I don't think X-fans are the worst enemy. Perhaps a few rotten apples in the bunch. A few trigger happy SJWs. Who if it's a issue they feel very strongly about. Then everyone must feel the same way. They won't come right out and call one out on it. Just make general insulting statements. For example one must like every and any retcon equally. If one says "well there no proof of character XYZ every acting this way". Someone will without fail accuse you of not being able to read. Or call one a bad person for not agreeing to the retcon. Which is BS as most comic fans even if they never admit like certain retcons more than others. Overall here and outside the forums most comic fans are great people to talk to.

It's not so much that I don't like Snot. Glob and Goldballs. Good characters bad names. Well ok maybe except for snot. A mutant that has snot based powers is going to be a joke. At the very least until they gave him a better name. No matter the upgrades in power or how much exposure. A character with a bad name is going to be remembered for his name and not his actions in the comics imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

- I hate Southern Belle Anna Marie. To me, my dearest Rogue died the moment she crossed the Siege Perilous.

- Jim Lee made only a few (very) good X-Men issues: 248, 256-258 and 267. That was an interesting style, the remaining (that is, his classic era, the one which everybody imitated) is pretty bad, but unfortunately it set the trend.

- I like the notion of the former costume design (black/blue and yellow, with boots and gloves) for every X-Men, each one with his/her own variation in order to adjust it to his/her taste and necessity. It's elegant and it gives a sense of unity.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Think about this: Longshot was Noccenti's pet character, Dazzler was Shooter's. Do you think there was any meta in the comics?
    I'm sorry, I don't understand your question quite well (blame my poor English). Could you possibily express it in other words?
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 06-28-2016 at 03:44 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    - I hate Southern Belle Anna Marie. To me, my dearest Rogue died the moment she crossed the Siege Perilous.
    I totally agree.