Page 129 of 655 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 9825

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Pre Gen X Emma is the real Emma.
    That is certainly a unpopular opinion among fans, and 100% pure fact and gospel among the writers.

Gen X is my definitive Emma Frost and the best version

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Pre Gen X Emma is the real Emma.
    Agree on this

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Tempus has a far better design character design than Tempo
    Tempus has the same skirt and sleeveless shirt design that Bachalo has used before

It sounds like everyone is basically saying they want Emma back as a villain and not as Scott's (or whoever's) gf. I also would like this and don't like her as an x-men. I like her better as a villain. As a x-men she's just catty and snarky, but as a villain she's threatening and fun.(IMO).

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I think Emma Frost works best in the morally grey area on her own. Not a hero in the traditional sense, but still willing to work for mutant kind through whatever means necessary. I feel it adds to the X-men mythos and offers a side other than pure evil or good.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    It sounds like everyone is basically saying they want Emma back as a villain and not as Scott's (or whoever's) gf. I also would like this and don't like her as an x-men. I like her better as a villain. As a x-men she's just catty and snarky, but as a villain she's threatening and fun.(IMO).
    She wasn't threatening at all as a villain. She was a cartoonishly evil caricature of Emma Steed. What was her strongest act as a bad guy? Scaring Kitty? Blowing up a horse? She was laughably dumb as a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Gen X is my definitive Emma Frost and the best version
    I can agree with this. At least in Gen X she had a motivation beyond "explode horses" and "kick puppies". Sadly, editorial missed the boat on this series, and the fans of X-Men are the most nostalgic in the history of comic books so we get her kicking puppies these days.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She wasn't threatening at all as a villain. She was a cartoonishly evil caricature of Emma Steed. What was her strongest act as a bad guy? Scaring Kitty? Blowing up a horse? She was laughably dumb as a bad guy.
    Agreed. Emma was overrated as an X-villian. She wasnt really much of a threat to the X-men and her reformation in the mid 90s made more sense

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I think Emma Frost works best in the morally grey area on her own. Not a hero in the traditional sense, but still willing to work for mutant kind through whatever means necessary. I feel it adds to the X-men mythos and offers a side other than pure evil or good.
    I agree with this. Another Magneto type. Sometimes playing on the sides of Angels, sometimes Devils but her only concern is the advancement of the species.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agreed. Emma was overrated as an X-villian. She wasnt really much of a threat to the X-men and her reformation in the mid 90s made more sense
    Well this is the unpopular/controversial opinion, so....

I liked her and Banshee as leaders in Gen X, but I also like her as a villain because she really isn't interested in world conquering, she just wants whats best for her. I also think because of her powers she's one of the few that can actually match professor x or jean.

Anyone remember this, btw?

250px-GenerationX-poster.jpg

I think this beats jones portrayal. As sad as that is.

Well this is the unpopular/controversial opinion, so....

I liked her and Banshee as leaders in Gen X, but I also like her as a villain because she really isn't interested in world conquering, she just wants whats best for her. I also think because of her powers she's one of the few that can actually match professor x or jean.

I struggle to think of a portrayal in ANY super hero film that doesn't beat January Jones's portrayal. I'll take X-3's fundamental misunderstanding of Jean over Jones's portrayal of Emma, and that used to be the absolute basement for me.

Emma does. She's tried to forget that hideous wig lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Tempus has the same skirt and sleeveless shirt design that Bachalo has used before
    yeah and imo is better than golden smaller version of juggernaut

Tempo had better application of the powerset,Tempus has better character design

Astonishing Member

Even before Generation X, Emma hadnt done anything villanous for more than half a decade. At least from Secret Wars 2 (when the Beyonder leaves the New Mutants emotionally lobotomized)

IIRC Claremont even had plans for her to eventually have a heel turn because she hadnt done anything evil in years, with her first becoming the teachers of both New Mutants and Hellions, and later her heel turn.