Page 134 of 655 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You are right. He unlocks her TP when she's a friggin adult. He stunted her growth and only allowed her access to her powers when he needed to use her to fake his death.
    Can't wait to hear how that is Scott and Emma's fault.

I'm puzzled by Hickman's Xavier but I don't stop liking Xavier because I don't like what a reader makes of him: it just doesn't correspond to my idea of the character.

It's funny how some subjects tend to come back again and again…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I kinda dig what Hickman’s doing with Xavier. We have literally no clue what his motives are and he just stands around smiling like he’s 3 steps ahead..off-putting in the best way. and his headpiece has no right at all to be cool and yet here we are

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

In this decentralized mutant society I feel like their would be a natural kinship between Storm and Selene. I just feel like Selene's influence would be a fascinating story arc for Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    In this decentralized mutant society I feel like their would be a natural kinship between Storm and Selene. I just feel like Selene's influence would be a fascinating story arc for Ororo.
    How so? Please go on.

BANNED

Uuuugh, Selene. A great villain but so creepy. I feel like if they even let that parasite on the island she's in a van down by the river. She's also incredibly dangerous because she is so ancient and partial to taking a psychotic narcissist's version of the long view - even more than Apocalypse IMO, who Moira at least has a background with.
    Last edited by powerpax; 08-19-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Tempus deserves to be a pantheon level X villain tbh
    Moira, Tempus, and Destiny for Hecate-style three-headed goddess HBIC of the X-Men timeline.

#Mactemptiny

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

God I hate shipping.
    "Cable was right!"

Tell me more tell me more

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Uuuugh, Selene. A great villain but so creepy. I feel like if they even let that parasite on the island she's in a van down by the river. She's also incredibly dangerous because she is so ancient and partial to taking a psychotic narcissist's version of the long view - even more than Apocalypse IMO, who Moira at least has a background with.
    I’m actually surprised Selene hasn’t been mentioned, like, at all in hoxpox. I mean she’s another (essentially) immortal mutant history power-player so what’s her take? What’s her role? answer me hickman

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Moira, Tempus, and Destiny for Hecate-style three-headed goddess HBIC of the X-Men timeline.

#Mactemptiny
    I haven’t read a better sentence

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I’m actually surprised Selene hasn’t been mentioned, like, at all in hoxpox. I mean she’s another (essentially) immortal mutant history power-player so what’s her take? What’s her role? answer me hickman
    I wouldn't be surprised if he got to her soon. If I was Moira/Xavier/Magneto I'd quarantine her unkillable ass. She's demented and immortal and unlike Apocalypse I don't think there's much chance of common cause.

Tempus would make a great threat.

Opinion:

Half of the canon/continuity that the board's endless arguments are based on is going to be deemphasized by Hickman, specifically as a goal of the X-Office to try and stop the quibbling about inconsistencies in portrayals. It's going to be treated like the Star Wars Expanded Universe is by Disney nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he got to her soon. If I was Moira/Xavier/Magneto I'd quarantine her unkillable ass. She's demented and immortal and unlike Apocalypse I don't think there's much chance of common cause.
    True. Either that or I guess they’re just hoping she doesn’t show up to the 5 star all you can eat buffet they’ve laid out for her

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't MIND Red, especially compared to the utter travesties that were Gold and Blue, but for it basically being a Jean solo, a lot of agency for Jean was taken away. She barely fought, she needed reinforcements at every possible turn, and won via Care Bear Stare, which is about an empty of a comic book victory as you can have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Gold's bad, bruh. Especially when they went cheap on the art.

Blue > Astonishing > Red > Gold
    Not having read Gold or Blue, I can only judge Red on its own merits, but I agree with your statement PsychoEFrost. The biggest travesty to me was the fact that the "mutant nation" angle went nowhere and that fantastic reveal of Cassandra at the end was ultimately a promise unfulfilled.

Saying that Red is better than some of its contemporaries is fair and possibly even true (I'll take y'all's word for it), but without that qualifier it's an overrated book. I had high expectations based on the premise, as well as the hype around Tom Taylor for his work on All-New Wolverine and Injustice, but I was left disappointed.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Taylor's writting is better suited for short stories meant to tug at your emotion, but when he tries to do a long term narrative, he falls apart, his story structure goes between acceptable and mediocre, especially because some of what he does doesn't feel narratively earned, plus he isn't suited to write teams. Is really not surprised to me than that War of the Realms was his best work.

Still i did enjoy his Injustice, just for how crazy the whole thing was.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona