Page 145 of 655 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 9824
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    What about THAT is any different than Utopia though?
    Everything I just described in the quoted post.

Utopia was: Let's sequester ourselves on an island in a progressive enclave predisposed to love us with a PR initiative and not much else
    Searebro was: Under the Sea [plays flute from Little Mermaid]

On an in-story level, Krakoa and the House of X are taking actual aggressive action to cement a mutant nation beyond just philosophy and platitudes. They have infrastructure - the Krakoa network, the trade war with their pharmaceuticals demanding statehood and a seat at the table. They are launching covert operations designed to take action against the future human threat, not just their own or known bad apples, and clashing openly with key Marvel teams over the likes of heavies like Mystique and Sabretooth. They are dangerous and mysterious again, including to some of their own readers who look twice at Scott Summers making veiled remarks about little Franklin Richards. More importantly, on a meta level, the story is unwinding decades of tiresome old plot chestnuts via Moira's ten lives.

Utopia was essentially a mutant reservation because they were all gonna die. With Krakoa, they have a more established culture than they’ve ever had. Their own language, clothes, and economic resources. Besides, Xavier and Moira are forcing the world to acknowledge their mutant state. I don’t think Jean could’ve gotten through to the UN members just by sharing her dream.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Utopia was essentially a mutant reservation because they were all gonna die. With Krakoa, they have a more established culture than they’ve ever had. Their own language, clothes, and economic resources. Besides, Xavier and Moira are forcing the world to acknowledge their mutant state. I don’t think Jean could’ve gotten through to the UN members just by sharing her dream.
    And when she tried someone's head exploded and she got framed, IIRC.

I remember going to Utopia with my dad. We went to the Cyclops exhibit where they let me feed him leaves. He made a sound between a meow and a snore and went back to sleep under a tree. I think he liked me.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Also, before that mutant nation were renegade, small ones. Now they are the world's new superpower and mankind's inevitable future.

Also Krakoa is using the Habitat and Gateway systems to hide the actual island so that humans can't just bomb the hell out of it, or send an army of Avengers and helicarriers to their doorstep as a show of force

And with the Habitats, not all mutants are in one place, which was also one of the issues Jean pointed out

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Also Krakoa is using the Habitat and Gateway systems to hide the actual island so that humans can't just bomb the hell out of it, or send an army of Avengers and helicarriers to their doorstep as a show of force

And with the Habitats, not all mutants are in one place, which was also one of the issues Jean pointed out
    Also, they have a gateway to freakin' Mars, which was already habitable before. Worst come to worst, they can just move there and cut contact with Earth.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I remember going to Utopia with my dad. We went to the Cyclops exhibit where they let me feed him leaves. He made a sound between a meow and a snore and went back to sleep under a tree. I think he liked me.
    :X
    10chaaaaaaaaaar
    Wolverine-1-Marvel-NOW-Skottie-Young-Baby-Variant-350738803554.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    But as Tycon metioned Taylor really doesn't really go into what Jean's nation would be like besides a place where mutants stay away from humans. We also don't get to see how she would've dealt with human enemies. Taylor did squat in 11 issues. Hickman got **** done in 1.
    I doubt Taylor was ‘allowed’ to do squat. Marvel is letting Hickman do mostly what he wants, and his run was already in the works while Red was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, before that mutant nation were renegade, small ones. Now they are the world's new superpower and mankind's inevitable future.
    Even the tour in HOX was a subtle show of power, showing how disconnected mutantkind has become and how advanced they will keep on getting.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    And when she tried someone's head exploded and she got framed, IIRC.
    Yeah, Red’s ending was cute and all but there’s 0 chance they would ever have recognized her nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    i———

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I doubt Taylor was ‘allowed’ to do squat. Marvel is letting Hickman do mostly what he wants, and his run was already in the works while Red was going on.
    Besides controlling the length, Taylor’s said that they were letting him tell his story. I do know that some Hickman sort of canceled the ResurreXion line, but even a smidgen of something concrete would’ve been nice.

Besides controlling the length, Taylor’s said that they were letting him tell his story. I do know that some Hickman sort of canceled the ResurreXion line, but even a smidgen of something concrete would’ve been nice.
    11 issues is not enough to get to a complex story

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    11 issues is not enough to get to a complex story
    Hickman did it in one. There should’ve been less “Gabby is sooooooooo adorkable uwu~” scenes and some actual story. We got 11 issues for one storyline that still ended up botched at the end.

BANNED

11 issues is more than enough to tell a story.

Hickman did it in one. There should’ve been less “Gabby is sooooooooo adorkable uwu~” scenes and some actual story. We got 11 issues for one storyline that still ended up botched at the end.
    Hickaman uses lots of charts and graphs, completely different storytelling. Taylor do character based work, Hickman not

BANNED

Yes, Hickman is definitely no Scott Lobdell.