Page 15 of 664 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I find it's much more common for X-Men fans to see Jubilee as the "lame mallrat with the power of sparkles" than anything else.
    Even still, I'll always have a soft spot for Jubilee.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Well.. that IS controversial. Mostly because... well... Thats the Rogue that I'd estimate most people are familiar with. I vaguely remember her before, but Sassy-class-southern-brawler is the characterization of Rogue I fell in love with.
    Unpopular opinion. I warned you .

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Perspective is a crazy thing.
    Being the Spirit of the team = The X-Men official cheerful airhead
    Powerhouse w/developed relationships = Hot chick/drama queen
    Falling in love and growing as a character = Melting for gambit.

In someways I'd say our self-sufficient Riot girl became something more than a mere caricature of rebellion, but a fully flushed out member of a team.
    Perspective, you said well. I can see your point of view, but to me this development spoiled the character, taking away all that was special in Rogue (devil-may-care, slight insanity, troublemaker attitude, rude and friendly, blind courage) and turning her into a prototypical female superhero. I must admit, though, that I probably haven't read enough X-titles in the last...um...20 years? Maybe I could reconcile with the 'new Rogue'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Rogue was different back in the day. Was the change around the time Jim Lee showed up? In the early 80's Rogue wasn't really drawn as a "hot chick".
    Yeah, it was definitively Lee's point. In UXM #269, exactly when she went back from the Siege Perilous, her look was already pretty different (curly hair, big eyes, curves). CC was still the writer, but Lee was butting in a lot, so this is the first time that Rogue is called 'gorgeous'. Never before an allusion was made about her physical appearance, it's quite relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She wasn't really drawn that way at first(not to the extent Jim Lee took her), but even back then she was intended to be attractive.

Well, I never say Rogue was ugly. Anyway, do you think these sailors can appreciate so much from that distance? They see a girl in a bikini, that's enough for clowing around --they'd do the same in case it was Kitty. Rogue is a young healthy girl, she's easy on the eye --but a common girl, that's the point. We might suppose that she's better as she gets older, since she joined the X-Men being just 18. Maybe that's why she suddenly become so hot... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Maybe it's the super-long and curly hair and, of course, the uniform. Maybe the change kinda got started with her black bodysuit w/the green top and that belt? She was pretty hot in that.
    Naturally, Silvestri's Rogue was beautiful. But all Silvestri's women are beautiful, she didn't stand out among the others.

But that uniform wasn't intented to be sexy when Romita Jr. was in charge:

Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 06-29-2016 at 04:00 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I like Nightcrawler and Jimaine Szardos as a pairing. *PUNCH* *CRASH* *BONK*

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I like Nightcrawler and Jimaine Szardos as a pairing. *PUNCH* *CRASH* *BONK*
    LOL! I'll take some lumps with you on that one. I get why their being raised together turns a lot of people off, but I liked them as a couple, even if I do have to spackle together some headcanon to make it all work sometimes.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Telepathy sucks the fat one. It's lazy storytelling, it's creepy beyond belief, just... awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post

But that uniform wasn't intented to be sexy when Romita Jr. was in charge:
    JRJR was a workhorse back in the day(I hate his modern stuff, super sloppy), but I don't think any of his ladies were particularly "sexy". His style doesn't really allow for that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I like Romulus

Mighty Member

to add,

Polaris should have had Jean's spot

I really think they killed Synch for spite !!!

The reason Karma and Moonstar stay in and out of limbo is because Clarmont made their powers to one dimensional and its interesting considering he evolved storms powers and kitty's .

I always wish Magma would have been a woman of color as she originally was depicted before the brown face washed off.

Rahne is so annoying and I cant stand her.

Mike Carey, Nunzio and Christina Weir, Greg Pak, Majorie Liu and W Willow Wilson should be in charge of the Xmen and write Uncanny Xmen, Xmen, New Mutants, Generation X, X Force & Storm Solo

I wish Petra and Sway had survived instead of Darwin and Vulcan

I always wish the Hellions had a solo book like DV8 had in Wildstorm

Scanner should have become an Xman- the seeds were planted when her and other acolytes feel form space with Cyclops.

I wish tempo had joined xforce and as much as I love carey I am still bitter over her death.

- Iceman should have died in the '80s. Not a lot of people would have cared/minded.

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

- The absence of the real Wolverine has hurt the entire X-franchise as a whole.
    - All X-characters(X-23) created after 2000 are expendable and unnecessary.
    - X-23 works bests as a side character rather than a lead as she has zero charisma.
    - Hope Summers is the most unnecessary character in Marvel Comics history.
    - Bishop got the shaft in the whole Bishop/Cable/Hope story line because of white privilege.
    - None of the X-films are worth repeated viewings.
    - Deadpool's appearance in the "Hulk vs" animation is the most accurate portrayal of the character outside the comics.
    - An X-character isn't worth a damn until they cross paths with Logan or some writer makes them embarrass him for some reason.
    - Storm is the best leader the X-Men ever had as she earned the job.
    - Sabretooth as a hero makes no sense.

That's all for now...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio Garra View Post
    By real wolverine you mean wolverine dying and being replaced by OML or WOlverine trying to act as if he was Xavier instead of wolverine?

Also how does wolverine contributes to the X franchise?
    We had more wolverine that we could ask for in all the movies and nothing good has came out of it

- Sabretooth as a hero makes no sense.
    He's not a hero, he's just not as bad as he used to be

I know this is just your opinion, but I have to completely and utterly disagree with this. Can you explain why you think Wolverines absence has hurt the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Telepathy sucks the fat one. It's lazy storytelling, it's creepy beyond belief, just... awful.
    Its an annoying superpower.

I liked X-men: The Last Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Telepathy is not a real superpower. It's only one when writers want it to be one. Otherwise the opposition suddenly has implants, masks, helmets, natural resistance, sheer willpower or a ton of other things that makes them immune against it. Considering all the ways that have been introduced to make telepathy completely useless and again some of them only require you to put on a helmet or mask makes me not take it very seriously. And everyone who is still getting wrecked by it must to be an idiot on top of that.
    "This is me being reasonable"