Page 151 of 199 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2974
  1. #2251
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hate that Emma and adult Jean's first on panel scene together after 15 years was in Uncanny X-men and they dont even interact
    ghost jean tho
    Our main character, a socially awkward outcast, gains newfound confidence and arrogance before committing a string of horrid acts. He then wears a fancy suit and proceeds to dance like a maniac to music that isn't actually there playing around him.

  2. #2252
    BANNED fsger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Funny that people recognize Cyclops being bad to Jean, then start shipping Jean with Emma. Almost like they never read a comic before Bendis run. Emma for sure is even worse than Scott when it comes to Jean
    I recognize than Bishop is even worse than Emma (and i hate her) and Scott for Jean. I mean one AU ship rushed off panel with a guy that his biggest merit is going crazy on her adopted kid, falling for that is so in character for Jean. It makes me feel stupid to hear somebody thought on doing it. Or even considers it better than the other two. He also doesn't sell for crap
    I mean outside of making her look like an idiot what can he do that literaly anybody else can't?
    Last edited by fsger; 08-26-2019 at 10:01 AM.

  3. #2253
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    ghost jean tho
    that dont count. Theres no indication that Jean even remembers that and she was still technically dead and not in the position she was with the X-men post-Resurrection

    Plus, I try not to acknowledge Hopeless' horrible writing of both Jean Greys

  4. #2254
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that dont count. Theres no indication that Jean even remembers that and she was still technically dead and not in the position she was with the X-men post-Resurrection

    Plus, I try not to acknowledge Hopeless' horrible writing of both Jean Greys
    I thought Hopless did fine. Jeen came off as somewhat obnoxious, but that par for the course when talking about someone actively running away from the thing that's trying to possess her. Jean came off as desperate, but considering that this was the first time a Phoenix incident was fully occurring without her directly having an ability to stop it, it's understandable.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  5. #2255
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,285

    Default

    Ghost Jean was a shared acid trip.
    "Cable was right!"

  6. #2256
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,839

    Default

    I shipped Bobby and Kitty for years and was elated when their romance became canon

  7. #2257
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ghost Jean was a shared acid trip.
    Lol, Jeen shows up at Emma's headquarters and says "Emma, try this new stuff, it's really tripping, I am seeing my older self." Emma takes a long time to think it over because she isn't sure she wants to see Jeen's older self. Emma takes the acid and starts having fantasies about hanging out with older Jean.

  8. #2258
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Lol, Jeen shows up at Emma's headquarters and says "Emma, try this new stuff, it's really tripping, I am seeing my older self." Emma takes a long time to think it over because she isn't sure she wants to see Jeen's older self. Emma takes the acid and starts having fantasies about hanging out with older Jean.
    Acid with telepaths...

    Buckle.jpg
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  9. #2259
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that dont count. Theres no indication that Jean even remembers that and she was still technically dead and not in the position she was with the X-men post-Resurrection

    Plus, I try not to acknowledge Hopeless' horrible writing of both Jean Greys
    I started teading X-men with Bendis and Kitty and Bobby still had something at the start. At that time I also saw the movies and thought Kitty and Iceman were super serious, lol.

  10. #2260
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Acid with telepaths...

    Buckle.jpg
    Haha, that's actually really funny.

  11. #2261
    Fantastic Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I shipped Bobby and Kitty for years and was elated when their romance became canon
    I didnít think they were that bad but I know a LOT of people were against it. The Jason Aaron/watxm hate boner was real. Always thought they were cute though, growing up with the movies programmed me to think kitty made more sense with bobby than colossus

  12. #2262
    Incredible Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that dont count. Theres no indication that Jean even remembers that and she was still technically dead and not in the position she was with the X-men post-Resurrection

    Plus, I try not to acknowledge Hopeless' horrible writing of both Jean Greys
    I will never understand this. Hopeless' adult Jean (ghost Jean) was so good. I feel it was better than Tom Taylor's version of Jean and certainly better than Rosenberg's Jean Grey.

  13. #2263
    Chris-chan of X-fans Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I didn’t think they were that bad but I know a LOT of people were against it. The Jason Aaron/watxm hate boner was real. Always thought they were cute though, growing up with the movies programmed me to think kitty made more sense with bobby than colossus
    The problem was that Aaron’s execution was shitty and sexist (like the rest of his run). Doesn’t help that Iceman sexually harassed Kitty only two months after she broke up with Colossus.

  14. #2264
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I will never understand this. Hopeless' adult Jean (ghost Jean) was so good. I feel it was better than Tom Taylor's version of Jean and certainly better than Rosenberg's Jean Grey.
    I think it was because they made it clear that ghost Jean had the same identity and personality as New X-Men Jean, so she had a strong personality. Right down to the uniform she was wearing which was her New X-Men black uniform. That's probably why I liked ghost Jean so much and I was hoping that when they brought Jean back she would be like that. I guess she was a little, Jean had definite moments in X-Men Red and I liked the series, but I was really hoping they would bring that darker edge to Jean back.

  15. #2265
    Fantastic Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The problem was that Aaron’s execution was shitty and sexist (like the rest of his run). Doesn’t help that Iceman sexually harassed Kitty only two months after she broke up with Colossus.
    yuck. read it when I was a lot younger and wasnt so, shall we say, attunedto that kind of bullshittery. I keep meaning to read those issues back because they were more or less my intro to the comics and I wanna see how they hold up (looks like not well)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •