Page 152 of 656 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 9840

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think it was because they made it clear that ghost Jean had the same identity and personality as New X-Men Jean, so she had a strong personality. Right down to the uniform she was wearing which was her New X-Men black uniform. That's probably why I liked ghost Jean so much and I was hoping that when they brought Jean back she would be like that. I guess she was a little, Jean had definite moments in X-Men Red and I liked the series, but I was really hoping they would bring that darker edge to Jean back.
    Yes! Jean did have a bit of an edge in the X-men Red Annual but Taylor went another direction with her overall.

I thought Hopeless did great with both Emma and Jean. He got them.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I didn't like Hopeless adult Jean. He did a great job with a young Jean on season one, I enjoyed that book way more than the Jeen solo.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Yes! Jean did have a bit of an edge in the X-men Red Annual but Taylor went another direction with her overall.

I thought Hopeless did great with both Emma and Jean. He got them.
    Haha, I wanted Emma and Jean to go on a road trip mission together after Jean was resurrected, just because of the interaction between ghost Jean and Emma. A five issue mini would be perfect and it would be fun.

I will never understand this. Hopeless' adult Jean (ghost Jean) was so good. I feel it was better than Tom Taylor's version of Jean and certainly better than Rosenberg's Jean Grey.
    She was a bitch and written nothing like Jean was before. She treated teen Jean, the way you'd expect her to talk to Emma. The empathy and matronly persona that defines Jean was virtually nonexistent

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was a bitch and written nothing like Jean was before. She treated teen Jean, the way you'd expect her to talk to Emma
    She was desperate, and her younger self wasn't listening to her, so she was getting frustrated.

She was a bitch and written nothing like Jean was before. She treated teen Jean, the way you'd expect her to talk to Emma. The empathy and matronly persona that defines Jean was virtually nonexistent
    I don't think this is accurate. Jean has shown signs of a temper before both in Claremont's run and others. Yes, way too often Jean is portrayed as empathetic and matronly but the character is more than that. Some of us dread that "den mother" side of Jean that some fans expect. I mean I agree that she has those components but should be able to be portrayed as a more complex character and like others pointed out Jean was in a desperate and sudden situation and she needed Teen Jean to listen to her. She was trying to help but had little way of helping... well until she possessed herself and Emma.

I loved Jean's voice and I felt it sounded like her when others on this board thought it wasn't really Jean and was Cassandra Nova lol I never thought ghost Jean didn't sound like Jean. I thought it sounded like her from the get go.

I don't think this is accurate. Jean has shown signs of a temper before both in Claremont's run and others. Yes, way too often Jean is portrayed as empathetic and matronly but the character is more than that. Some of us dread that "den mother" side of Jean that some fans expect. I mean I agree that she has those components but should be able to be portrayed as a more complex character and like others pointed out Jean was in a desperate and sudden situation and she needed Teen Jean to listen to her. She was trying to help but had little way of helping... well until she possessed herself and Emma.

I loved Jean's voice and I felt it sounded like her when others on this board thought it wasn't really Jean and was Cassandra Nova lol I never thought ghost Jean didn't sound like Jean. I thought it sounded like her from the get go.
    Of course Jean can have a temper at times but she didnt even try to appeal to Teen Jean by being honest and open with her. She lacked empathy for this young girl that was scared and confused. She was her at that age, so you'd think she'd be a bit more understanding. She spent most of her time yelling at her, being snarky and having a nasty atitude. She may have had good intentions but her approach was sh-t. Taylor got Jean's voice right a whole lot better
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-26-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Of course Jean can have a temper at times but she didnt even try to appeal to Teen Jean by being honest and open with her. She lacked empathy for this young girl that was scared and confused. She was her at that age, so you'd think she'd be a bit more understanding. She spent most of her time yelling at her, being snarky and having a nasty at all. She may have had good intentions but her approach was sh-t. Taylor got Jean's voice right a whole lot better
    For all the snark, Ghost Jean just went easy on Emma.

Yeah, Jean didn't tried to reason with Jeen. It wasn't a good writing of Jean

Of course Jean can have a temper at times but she didnt even try to appeal to Teen Jean by being honest and open with her. She lacked empathy for this young girl that was scared and confused. She was her at that age, so you'd think she'd be a bit more understanding. She spent most of her time yelling at her, being snarky and having a nasty at all. She may have had good intentions but her approach was sh-t. Taylor got Jean's voice right a whole lot better
    Nah. I do think Hopeless' writing was stylized especially with the voice of teen Jean and I think is what some fans are responding to when they say their voices were off. The book was stylized and Teen Jean's presentation was different from Bendis' version of the character.

I think Ghost Jean did try to reason with teen Jean, she tried to get her to listen during the Doctor Strange thing (or teach her a lesson) and she tried to get her attention during the Scarlet Witch issue but she got fed up and possessed her and took her to Emma. Emma doesn't have a monopoly on snark and Jean can be kind of starky (look at her teasing Beast in New X-men and in the original X-men years).

I just don't think we'll ever agree on this one. I would have preferred Hopeless writing Jean to Taylor. Don't get it twisted I liked Taylor's Jean but she was too "perfect" at times...to passive and definitely in the "den mother" role. Again those are aspects of Jean but I like Jean who has a bit of an edge.

Nah. I do think Hopeless' writing was stylized especially with the voice of teen Jean and I think is what some fans are responding to when they say their voices were off. The book was stylized and Teen Jean's presentation was different from Bendis' version of the character.

I think Ghost Jean did try to reason with teen Jean, she tried to get her to listen during the Doctor Strange thing (or teach her a lesson) and she tried to get her attention during the Scarlet Witch issue but she got fed up and possessed her and took her to Emma. Emma doesn't have a monopoly on snark and Jean can be kind of starky (look at her teasing Beast in New X-men and in the original X-men years).

I just don't think we'll ever agree on this one. I would have preferred Hopeless writing Jean to Taylor. Don't get it twisted I liked Taylor's Jean but she was too "perfect" at times...to passive and definitely in the "den mother" role. Again those are aspects of Jean but I like Jean who has a bit of an edge.
    Reason how? She wouldnt give teen Jean any actual answers even after she demanded that she trust her. Ghost Jean possessed her and ran to Emma...but why didnt she ever tell Jean that they needed to go to Emma? She was being unnecessarily evasive. Teen Jean was just as frustrated with her and Ghost Jean could have been the adult in the situation instead of being a bitch to a kid. She could have started by being honest instead of nagging her and not telling her anything about her plan or needed to be done

Reason how? She wouldnt give teen Jean any actual answers even after she demanded that she trust her. Ghost Jean possessed her and ran to Emma...but why didnt she ever tell Jean that they needed to go to Emma? She was being unnecessarily evasive. Teen Jean was just as frustrated with her and Ghost Jean could have been the adult in the situation instead of being a bitch to a kid. She could have started by being honest instead of nagging her and not telling her anything about her plan or needed to be done
    Jean didn't tell Jeen why they needed to go to Emma because it would spoil Emma's appearance in the book.

Jean was being aggressive with her because Jeen spent most of the book not listening to her and flat out doing everything she could to ignore her most of the time. Jean knew Jeen had no hope of being ready, and if she had delayed her actions any further, the Phoenix nopes Jeen and likely whatever area happened that happened to be in, which for most of the book was New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    For all the snark, Ghost Jean just went easy on Emma.

Yeah, Jean didn't tried to reason with Jeen. It wasn't a good writing of Jean
    Because she was more worried about Jeen then interested in a cat fight with Emma. Which means she had her priorities straight.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Maybe it's not controversial but I feel like Daniel Acuna should be helming the X-men flagship book with Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Jean didn't tell Jeen why they needed to go to Emma because it would spoil Emma's appearance in the book.

Jean was being aggressive with her because Jeen spent most of the book not listening to her and flat out doing everything she could to ignore her most of the time. Jean knew Jeen had no hope of being ready, and if she had delayed her actions any further, the Phoenix nopes Jeen and likely whatever area happened that happened to be in, which for most of the book was New York City.
    thats a weak excuse and one that breaks the 4th wall. It doesnt make Ghost Jean come across any better or understandable. There really was no valid reason given in book why she was being so secretive and evasive. Teen Jean didnt listen to her bc she gave her little to nothing to work with. Her aggression and frustrations were her own fault for frustrating Jean with her secrets

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Empath is one of the most wildly fascinating mutants out there. Quite frankly, Mindee Cuckoo should adopt him as a pet and he needs to be out there in the world committing crimes in beautiful lingerie, like his hero Emma.

Like, the tale of this confused desperate subby emotionally radical Insurrectionist. I fucking love that bastard.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 08-26-2019 at 11:19 PM.