Page 153 of 668 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 10013
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Maggott and WildChild should be the new Gambit and Bishop. But with way more sex work metaphors.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats a weak excuse and one that breaks the 4th wall. It doesnt make Ghost Jean come across any better or understandable. There really was no valid reason given in book why she was being so secretive and evasive. Teen Jean didnt listen to her bc she gave her little to nothing to work with. Her aggression and frustrations were her own fault for frustrating Jean with her secrets
    I mean, what is Jean supposed to say. "Hey, in your current agitated state, you will almost certainly lose yourself to the entity that has resulted in my death many times. My plan involves jamming a phoenix fragment from one of the people I despise into you in hopes you won't just spontaneously combust and can survive to maybe not have your consciousness overwhelmed by a power that has existed since time began. What you say?"

It wasn't a good situation, and Jean was understandably extremely concerned. A Phoenix incident was happening and the one person who had successfully navigated them before was on the wrong side of the rainbow bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I mean, what is Jean supposed to say. "Hey, in your current agitated state, you will almost certainly lose yourself to the entity that has resulted in my death many times. My plan involves jamming a phoenix fragment from one of the people I despise into you in hopes you won't just spontaneously combust and can survive to maybe not have your consciousness overwhelmed by a power that has existed since time began. What you say?"

It wasn't a good situation, and Jean was understandably extremely concerned. A Phoenix incident was happening and the one person who had successfully navigated them before was on the wrong side of the rainbow bridge.
    Yes being more direct would have been a better option than yelling at for a day, never explaining why she's being bitched at

Jean with the Phoenix Force/Dark Phoenix is great and I miss it a lot. Jean with the Phoenix Force isn't old or boring, stories with them are over-told. There's no need to tell so many stories with it, let alone in stories not with the X-Men (Aaron's asgardian stuff or Thanos stuff—blegh!)

And there's certainly no need to pass it around to every other character in the Marvel universe or X-Men. It belongs with Jean. Don't want to use it? Just leave it dormant inside of her, mentioning it every now and then.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 08-29-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Jean with the Phoenix Force/Dark Phoenix is great and I miss it a lot. Jean with the Phoenix Force isn't old or boring, stories with them are over-told. There's no need to tell so many stories with it, let alone in stories not with the X-Men (Aaron's asgardian stuff or Thanos stuff—blegh!)

And there's certainly no need to pass it around to every other character in the Marvel universe or X-Men. It belongs with Jean. Don't want to use it? Just leave it dormant inside of her, mentioning it every now and then.
    I will agree... with a caveat. It belongs to Jean... and Rachel. Hell, Rachel is the only person left in the 616 that doesn't A) Hate the Phoenix B) Fear the Phoenix or C) Both.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

I think that is a popular opinion and I agree with it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think that is a popular opinion and I agree with it.
    I think that with Jean fans it tends to go either way. And a lot of people are tired of the Phoenix in general.

I personally liked Jean without the Phoenix at first when we were still on the hype of Red and PR and etc, but now I think that Jean without the Phoenix - after what had been established under Morrison et al - is missing a facet of the character.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think that with Jean fans it tends to go either way. And a lot of people are tired of the Phoenix in general.

I personally liked Jean without the Phoenix at first when we were still on the hype of Red and PR and etc, but now I think that Jean without the Phoenix - after what had been established under Morrison et al - is missing a facet of the character.
    It was great when she first returned but Marvel really did nothing with her in terms of exploring her powers without the PF. Red was slow and didnt really go there and she's had little to no development outside of that series. What a waste

BANNED

Beast is gay. Change my mind.

The Jim Lee / 90s costumes were pretty much all bad.

The Phoenix should have been shelved after the DPS, now it only derails Jean as a character or is whored as a cheap power up.

Astonishing Member

Jean should be able to get the Phoenix at will. As in, she says, sorry dude I changed my mind, and the bird rushes through space to get to her.

Not every X-men is A-list material, nobody should be the focus of everything but paying attention to every minor character on a franchice with as many as the X-men is a waste of time. Use them when they are needed but don't push them just because.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Jean should be able to get the Phoenix at will. As in, she says, sorry dude I changed my mind, and the bird rushes through space to get to her.
    I think she can. Her seperation from it is purely by choice but if she wanted it right now, the PF would come to her

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Beast is gay. Change my mind.
    Quicksilver too.