Page 155 of 657 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 9845

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    are mojo worldwide and poison x events
    You’re deflecting here. I’m still curious on what your criteria is bc it seems inconsistent based on previous responses

okay i got this

SECOND COMING = Event
    AvX = Event
    BOTA = Event
    TRIAL OF GREY = Crossover
    BLACK VORTEX = Cosmic Event, Irrelevant
    APOCALYPSE WARS = Crossover? It's just three different arcs. Not an Event, it's a promotional branding. STUPID.
    IvX = Event
    MOJO WORLDWIDE = Crossover
    POISON X = Crossover
    VENOMIZED = Not X-Men, so it can fork off
    EXTERMINATION = Event? No. Can also fork off
    DISASSEMBLED = uhhh, Event
    AGE OF INCEL = Event
    HOUSE POWER = No
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Disassembled doesn't seem like an event. It was just the first arc of a series.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I cannot say in good faith that the actually good Avengers weekly stories around it don't count as events.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    okay i got this

SECOND COMING = Event
    AvX = Event
    BOTA = Event
    TRIAL OF GREY = Crossover
    BLACK VORTEX = Cosmic Event, Irrelevant
    APOCALYPSE WARS = Crossover? It's just three different arcs. Not an Event, it's a promotional branding. STUPID.
    IvX = Event
    MOJO WORLDWIDE = Crossover
    POISON X = Crossover
    VENOMIZED = Not X-Men, so it can fork off
    EXTERMINATION = Event? No. Can also fork off
    DISASSEMBLED = uhhh, Event
    AGE OF INCEL = Event
    HOUSE POWER = No
    Cool, we dont really disagree here so Im not getting the oriignal responses...lol. Im not married to the idea of Apocalypse Wars being one but thats how it was promoted and it was more in line with Fall of the Mutants which was also treated as such. I think promotion, scope and impact on the line and status quo are defining qualities of an event.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think it was. They cancelled all the books and released it weekly. Would it be considered an event if everything in the story was kept the same but Gold, Blue, Red and Weapon X had continued with Parts 1-10 taken place in them? It was a crossover of these characters with Marvel using a new format that they previously experimented on in the Avengers books. It's promotion got heavy billing and it had a big impact on the status quo
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-30-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Not every X-men is A-list material, nobody should be the focus of everything but paying attention to every minor character on a franchice with as many as the X-men is a waste of time. Use them when they are needed but don't push them just because.
    The fanboy in me cries but that's true nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Quicksilver too.
    I always got that impression! He does fit the angry repressed daddy issues white gay stereotype. Freud would say his obsession with Wanda could be because he wanted to be her (a woman).

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Why bother? No one changes their mind on the Internet.
    This forum makes me change my mind about characters sometimes. Last time was about Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think that with Jean fans it tends to go either way. And a lot of people are tired of the Phoenix in general.

I personally liked Jean without the Phoenix at first when we were still on the hype of Red and PR and etc, but now I think that Jean without the Phoenix - after what had been established under Morrison et al - is missing a facet of the character.
    She's only half her character without the PF. I miss it

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Last time was about Ororo
    Go on?

I spoke in haste. Once in a while someone makes a point that makes me reconsider things as well. It’s just not as often as I’d prefer. Lots of darlings deserve to be killed instead of caged.

My personal feeling is that Northstar and Quicksilver occupy the same conceptual space, so why not blur them until they merge?

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

For my part, I feel Pietro is a repressed bisexual. Instead combining them, maybe have them both to show greater diversity in representation of the queer spectrum. Jean-Paul encouraging Pietro to not only come out, but also guiding and supporting him in queer circles where biphobia or racism might be present. I would love to read an issue with them going to drag brunch and protests with other LGBTQ X-Men.

Also, I love the idea of Beast and Wonder Man finally making honest men of each other.

BANNED

Al Ewing’s Sunspot is bad.

BANNED

Australian Wolverine > Canadian Wolverine

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Best Emma Frost right there

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Australian Wolverine > Canadian Wolverine

That take would scorch Pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Best Emma Frost right there
    That's a pretty low bar. TAS was fine, more or less. WatXM had the AMAZING Kari Wahlgren voice her, but the series treated her (and everyone who wasn't Kurt or Logan) like crap. The anime is... interesting. I didn't like how they basically made her a victim from start to finish. She's a bad person trying to make better decisions. The anime missed that. The Gen X TV Show is in the same atmosphere as the Animorphs TV series: you don't HATE it, but you really want to ever watch it. And the less we talk about First Class, the better.

BANNED

I started watching Fate Zero and I wish Kari Wahlgren voiced Saber with an English accent.