Page 156 of 655 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I started watching Fate Zero and I wish Kari Wahlgren voiced Saber with an English accent.
    Apparently that was a style choice made by the voice director according to Kari. They said the British accent would be too distracting, despite Artoria Pendragon being... British.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Apparently that was a style choice made by the voice director according to Kari. They said the British accent would be too distracting, despite Artoria Pendragon being... British.
    I think there was a similar reason used for Kari not speaking with an accent as Princess Ashe in Final Fantasy XII as well, I'm wondering if maybe - Emma aside - she's just not great at them.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

kari can do anything
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think there was a similar reason used for Kari not speaking with an accent as Princess Ashe in Final Fantasy XII as well, I'm wondering if maybe - Emma aside - she's just not great at them.
    The Ashe thing was Kari's choice. It wasn't inability to do it (and it shows on certain cutscenes), but the game requires battle sound effects, which are taxing to do with an accent.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

That's a pretty low bar. TAS was fine, more or less. WatXM had the AMAZING Kari Wahlgren voice her, but the series treated her (and everyone who wasn't Kurt or Logan) like crap. The anime is... interesting. I didn't like how they basically made her a victim from start to finish. She's a bad person trying to make better decisions. The anime missed that. The Gen X TV Show is in the same atmosphere as the Animorphs TV series: you don't HATE it, but you really want to ever watch it. And the less we talk about First Class, the better.
    WATXM was great but she sounded hilarious and the right age and threw a psi-spear in this. AWESOME

The anime was garbage. TAS is unwatchable. Didn't see Gen X, but I did like that actress on HGTV.

January Jones was fine in Unknown. They didn't give her enough to do in First Class.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    WATXM was great but she sounded hilarious and the right age and threw a psi-spear in this. AWESOME

The anime was garbage. TAS is unwatchable. Didn't see Gen X, but I did like that actress on HGTV.

January Jones was fine in Unknown. They didn't give her enough to do in First Class.
    It says something that the only one that butchered worse in First Class was Darwin.

That's a pretty low bar. TAS was fine, more or less. WatXM had the AMAZING Kari Wahlgren voice her, but the series treated her (and everyone who wasn't Kurt or Logan) like crap. The anime is... interesting. I didn't like how they basically made her a victim from start to finish. She's a bad person trying to make better decisions. The anime missed that. The Gen X TV Show is in the same atmosphere as the Animorphs TV series: you don't HATE it, but you really want to ever watch it. And the less we talk about First Class, the better.
    I think Emma's depiction in WaTXM was one of the better done things in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think Emma's depiction in WaTXM was one of the better done things in the show.
    Eh, outside the second episode, her entire existence there is to A) Betray the team and B) Try and **** Scott Summers. It's like someone read the most controversial parts of Morrison and Whedon and left it at that.

And the less we talk about First Class, the better.
    not a day goes by where I don’t think about how January Jones was the perfect fit for Emma on paper ONLY

BANNED

Eh, outside the second episode, her entire existence there is to A) Betray the team and B) Try and **** Scott Summers. It's like someone read the most controversial parts of Morrison and Whedon and left it at that.
    Considering Kyost usually write Emma as a simpering crybaby, the way they wrote her in the cartoon was vastly superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Considering Kyost usually write Emma as a simpering crybaby, the way they wrote her in the cartoon was vastly superior.
    She was fine. Her plot was not. I guess that's the issue for me.

ok lemme just casually insert myself into an old discussion about queer subtext

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Quicksilver too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    State your case
    Just look at his hair. nah in all seriousness this:

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I always got that impression! He does fit the angry repressed daddy issues white gay stereotype. Freud would say his obsession with Wanda could be because he wanted to be her (a woman).
    love this analysis. Coupled with his cultivating serious relationships with women only to prove ultimately unable to commit (having a kid with crystal then dipping) and a classic case of queer-coding villains thru stereotypes (his theatrical mannerisms/speech patterns, his aforementioned coiffed appearance) and voilà: we’ve constructed a character that will never ever be officially “outed” by marvel despite relentless subtextual shenanigans

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Emma getting diamond dusted for love in WATXM cartoon was the pinnacle of jean Stan wank fantasy. I personally loved that ending.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Emma getting diamond dusted for love in WATXM cartoon was the pinnacle of jean Stan wank fantasy. I personally loved that ending.
    It wasn't supposed to be. Season 2 would have been the AoA, with Emma stuck in Jean's head until she would later return.

It wasn't supposed to be. Season 2 would have been the AoA, with Emma stuck in Jean's head until she would later return.
    Good thing God decided to just take that premise and do it in the Leftovers.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate