Page 157 of 655 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 9824

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Why bother? No one changes their mind on the Internet.
    That’s certainly a defeatist attitude. Quicksilver is one of my favorite characters but I haven’t read nearly all of his stories. Certainly I’m curious about some evidence I might have missed. Pointing to certain storylines would make me prioritize those and expand my view of the character.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

It’s not my native tongue. I just don’t have any proof. He just strikes me as a grumpy snob who’s sexuality never developed past envy and defensive posturing. The kind of gay that was trampled to near death in a toxic masculinity.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    That’s certainly a defeatist attitude. Quicksilver is one of my favorite characters but I haven’t read nearly all of his stories. Certainly I’m curious about some evidence I might have missed. Pointing to certain storylines would make me prioritize those and expand my view of the character.
    There's no evidence. Although the Pietro x Storm relationship from AoA makes me laugh when I think about it.
    "Cable was right!"

Unpopular Opinion: Forge is a better match for Storm then Black Panther. And I don't like Storm and Black Panther together. And the recent fan reactions to the Storm (yas queen type stuff ) is annoying and dumb.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    Unpopular Opinion: Forge is a better match for Storm then Black Panther. And I don't like Storm and Black Panther together. And the recent fan reactions to the Storm (yas queen type stuff ) is annoying and dumb.
    That's not an unpopular opinion. StormPanther is mostly pushed by casuals and the FEATZ/relevance people.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I liked them together too. I haven't read all of them, but what I saw of their relationship I really liked. But Marvel being Marvel broke them up stupidly, then had Forge going to Mystique...ugh.

But her x Forge does seem less liked compared to all fans who liked her with Panther or Wolverine.

Astonishing Member

I like Forge and Storm because those 80s Claremont issues of them romancing in his high tech tower were some of the very few very good romance comics I have read.
    I think many people dislike having an important character date a minor character, thay end up seeing the minor character as a parasite of the popularity of the big one.

I feel the opposite, I prefer big character with smaller character.

In general, yeah, except for cases where the characters came to prominence as a couple – Sue and Reed, Jean and Scott, Lois and Clark – I don't think two A-listers generally go well together. Better to have a smaller character that you can have more freedom with.

I have strong feelings regarding Storm and Black Panther. I don't think they both have to be together because they are black, which seems to be one of the reasons some like them together.
    Having black woman with a black man is not wrong but their race shouldn't be the reason for why they are a couple

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I liked them together too. I haven't read all of them, but what I saw of their relationship I really liked. But Marvel being Marvel broke them up stupidly, then had Forge going to Mystique...ugh.

But her x Forge does seem less liked compared to all fans who liked her with Panther or Wolverine.
    Forge isn't popular and writers screwed up his character badly

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Forge isn't popular and writers screwed up his character badly
    That tends to happen with any character they put with Mystique. lmao. Sorry couldn't resist. Moving on.

I'm not sure what's been happening with him lately since he hardly seems to be around. But when he was with Storm, he seemed like a very supportive and loving partner.

I may try to find the older issues that deal with their romance. From what I have gotten to see, I get more from that than her T'Challa or Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I like Forge and Storm because those 80s Claremont issues of them romancing in his high tech tower were some of the very few very good romance comics I have read.
    I think many people dislike having an important character date a minor character, thay end up seeing the minor character as a parasite of the popularity of the big one.

I feel the opposite, I prefer big character with smaller character.
    Not sure if that's the case for Forge and Storm, for what i seen some fans simply didn't like the way that he treated during their time together (plus the way that he broke up with her did suck). But i definetlt don't have a problem with a big characther dating a minor one, i actually had a soft spot for Wolverine/Dazzler thanks to "The Best There It Is" mini lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

That tends to happen with any character they put with Mystique. lmao. Sorry couldn't resist. Moving on.

I'm not sure what's been happening with him lately since he hardly seems to be around. But when he was with Storm, he seemed like a very supportive and loving partner.

I may try to find the older issues that deal with their romance. From what I have gotten to see, I get more from that than her T'Challa or Logan.
    on extraordinary x-men he still wanted to get back to Storm and was kinda of pissed that she didn't wanted to get back. Then later he accepted it.
    On Ellis run people told me he was acting pretty badly with Storm

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    on extraordinary x-men he still wanted to get back to Storm and was kinda of pissed that she didn't wanted to get back. Then later he accepted it.
    On Ellis run people told me he was acting pretty badly with Storm
    I'll have to check. I may agree, but given how sensitive some are, it may be exaggerated. According to some, Scott was borderline abusive to Emma in Rosenberg's Uncanny. And according to a few on the Buffy boards, Riley was abusive to Buffy. PFT!!!! Her only abusive boyfriend was Spike. lol

So I'd have to check it out myself. Again, I may read them and see them as a great couple that Marvel screwed over to split them up later. Not like they don't do that...

I'll have to check. I may agree, but given how sensitive some are, it may be exaggerated. According to some, Scott was borderline abusive to Emma in Rosenberg's Uncanny. And according to a few on the Buffy boards, Riley was abusive to Buffy. PFT!!!! Her only abusive boyfriend was Spike. lol

So I'd have to check it out myself. Again, I may read them and see them as a great couple that Marvel screwed over to split them up later. Not like they don't do that...
    You mean that Emma was a creep that kept arasing him. Cyclops has told her they are over since AvX.
    Just because a woman wants something with a guy doesn't mean the guy is evil for not reciprocating