Page 158 of 657 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 9846

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I'll have to check. I may agree, but given how sensitive some are, it may be exaggerated. According to some, Scott was borderline abusive to Emma in Rosenberg's Uncanny. And according to a few on the Buffy boards, Riley was abusive to Buffy. PFT!!!! Her only abusive boyfriend was Spike. lol

So I'd have to check it out myself. Again, I may read them and see them as a great couple that Marvel screwed over to split them up later. Not like they don't do that...
    If the internet has taught me something, is that when you see people refering to a relationship as abusive, there is a good chance that they are just trying to put down a pairing that they don't like. I do remember that some Storm fans considered how Forge treated her when they first met as abusive, i personally though that he lacked a bit of tact and that the whole situation was messy as hell, but i would never go that far.
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-01-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Boy this thread took a turn

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    Unpopular Opinion: Forge is a better match for Storm then Black Panther. And I don't like Storm and Black Panther together. And the recent fan reactions to the Storm (yas queen type stuff ) is annoying and dumb.
    I still can't believe Marvel broke them up so Forge can get stuck in X-Factor with Mystique.
    "Cable was right!"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I prefer when the characters paired are more or less on the same level of popularity to be honest.

Amazing Member

I've never been much of a pairing kinda guy, as long the it feels organic and not forced, I don't have a problem with it. Hell, you could pair Storm with Sinister and I'd be fine with it as long as there is logic as to why those two would be attracted to one another.

Unpopular opinion: While Claremont is my favorite X-Writer, his dialogue is so filled with exposition and melodrama that I can't take some of his stuff seriously. Dark Phoenix Saga, in particular, has not aged well... but even then, I admit it's still way ahead of some of the things I've seen lately.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    You mean that Emma was a creep that kept arasing him. Cyclops has told her they are over since AvX.
    Just because a woman wants something with a guy doesn't mean the guy is evil for not reciprocating
    Calling it a relationship is pretty flattering as it mostly amounted to Jean rejecting Logan's advances.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Forge isn't popular and writers screwed up his character badly
    The only issue is I'm not convinced that as a couple T'Challa and Storm have much viability unless the BP office has full editorial control of Storm or BP becomes a satellite franchise to the X-Men. I still think they had the best relationship either have ever had, but I think the arrangement Coates has now works for the most part. They've renewed their deep love for one another but with a better understanding of their priorities since they were married. T'Challa now knows Storm will never put Wakanda above her own desires and Storm understands that T'Challa will never put her above his kingdom. They're not interested on putting labels on their relationship even if they do couple-y things and it works for them.

With Storm being worshiped as a goddess now (which I gather isn't popular around these parts) it opens up avenues for her to show up in future stories as an ally and/or lover while being noncommittal enough that future writers can pair them off with other characters without too much trouble. It's basically friends with benefits and given how busy they're likely to be going forward (with T'Challa leading the Avengers and Storm in Marauders) I can live with that as long as it's well written. And for all the many flaws of his run, Coates has done a solid job resetting the BP/Storm relationship and demonstrating how it could be done.

Emma Frost should play up her White Queen identity more, I can't remember the last time I saw her called that.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Emma Frost should play up her White Queen identity more, I can't remember the last time I saw her called that.
    HOX 3 gives a scene insisting she be called White Queen in public, and what with Hickman trying to differentiate mutants & humans, he probably will have her acknowledged as White Queen more often.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    She was called White Queen in X-men Blue

Whenever we start talking about the differentiation of telepaths, I always want to reach in and suggest Emma’s telepathy special should be domination. BDSM connotations aside, she should be able to casually override others’ willpower, and make people fight FOR her, like a Queen should.

In my MCU XM idea, there’s an action set piece with her doing just that: overriding the entire student body of Xavier's to defeat Sentinels attacking the school. Badass on top of badass on top of badass.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 09-03-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Emma also used White Queen as codename is E is for Extinction, one of the Secret Wars spin offs. To me it makes them sound like cops or the military when they don't use their real names.

What never happens anymore is Kitty Pryde getting called a codename.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Whenever we start talking about the differentiation of telepaths, I always want to reach in and suggest Emma’s telepathy special should be domination. BDSM connotations aside, she should be able to casually override others’ willpower, and make people fight FOR her, like a Queen should.

In my MCU XM idea, there’s an action set piece with her doing just that: overriding the entire student body of Xavier's to defeat Sentinels attacking the school. Badass on top of badass on top of badass.
    I mean, that's kinda Karma's thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

I like the idea, except that it would make her biggest weapon borderline useless in anything important, since mind control never works on anyone relevant.

My first post in the X-Forum, crowning achievement. Unpopular opinion: I honestly believe that Charles Xavier's "dream" of peaceful coexistence was always destined to be reduced to ashes. If anything, Charles and the X-Men's mission statement is founded on insanity, believing that by taking the same approach over and over would lead to a different outcome when stories like "God Loves, Man Kills" and the various attempts at mutant genocide, be it by human or Inhuman hands, clearly show otherwise. If Marvel really wanted to push the envelope, it wouldn't just be mutants that are constantly discriminated and hunted by the very flatscans they protect.
    A sizeable number of mutates such as the Hulk, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, Daredevil and other "heroes" should have narratives inserted into their stories that deal with the idea of normal humans only-barely-tolerating them due to their heroics. I would like for other heroes such as the Banners/Richards/Parkers of the MU to be further immersed into that part of the MU's paradigm and seek answers as to why they fight to preserve the status quo in which mutants and people like themselves are persecuted.

I'm hype to see what Hickman is doing come into fruition regarding mutantkind's standing in the MU and the ramifications they will have on the rest of the MU as it was eluded to in HOX #1 with the conversation between Cyclops and the FF. I just think that not exploring that dynamic on a grander scale regarding the MU would be a wasted opportunity
    Last edited by Wild Fang X; 09-03-2019 at 07:19 PM.