Page 162 of 668 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 10013
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    What spirit’s talking about is that there was never going to be an “Avengers vs X-Men” event until the New 52 took off. Age of Ultron was the big 2012 event and already had tons of art shown off. Who knows how long the Hope/Phoenix/Decimation plot was going to be dragged out for if not for DC’s reboot.
    Finally the Nu52 does something right.

Either way: Hope is ancillary to AvX and her entire saga is ultimately therefore less than relevant to the franchise. Without AvX, Phoenix Five, Wanda, etc. no one has had a lasting effect connected to her or her stories. Lost years, yada yada.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    that wasnt irrelevant. Hickman is picking up a lot of stuff from those runs.
    The list of human Genocides with the numbers of dead or depowered mutants come straight from the event in which Bastion attacked Utopia. literally copied from that.
    He's mentioning them. That's not making them central to the story he is telling here. They are background context.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    No, I always think she was going to be connected to the Phoenix. But I don't think it was part of a grand plan intended to lead to AvX. I think they jerked people around with Hope, the Lights, etc. for years getting people to pay money for event books and relaunches and so on, waiting for something real to happen to the X-Men until they finally were ready to dump it and move on. So they wove her into that. But even there, is she the Phoenix avatar central to the story? Nope.
    there wasn't a grand plan to AvX, it was a last hour effort

Finally the Nu52 does something right.

Either way: Hope is ancillary to AvX and her entire saga is ultimately therefore less than relevant to the franchise. Without AvX, Phoenix Five, Wanda, etc. no one has had a lasting effect connected to her or her stories. Lost years, yada yada.
    Alright, here's a question.

Say you're 110% right, and in some alternate time, you're chosen as the editor post House of M. 198 mutants left, no mutants can be born. All mutantkind's enemies are at their gates trying to kill them. What's your plan for the comics going forward?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Alright, here's a question.

Say you're 110% right, and in some alternate time, you're chosen as the editor post House of M. 198 mutants left, no mutants can be born. All mutantkind's enemies are at their gates trying to kill them. What's your plan for the comics going forward?
    Quitting. Which, not coincidentally, is what I did as a reader. Synergy!

Astonishing Member

I think the Mothervine story wasnt told very well, but the idea had more potential to be a good way to restart mutations than the whole Hope thing with the Phoenix coming back.

Saving mutantkind should have been wholly a science thing, with people fighting over the repowering drug

Quitting. Which, not coincidentally, is what I did as a reader. Synergy!
    So you don't have a solution or ways that things could be better, just complaints about how everything sucks and has always sucked?

Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think the Mothervine story wasnt told very well, but the idea had more potential to be a good way to restart mutations than the whole Hope thing with the Phoenix coming back.

Saving mutantkind should have been wholly a science thing, with people fighting over the repowering drug
    In a sane world, someone looks at the Mothervine pitch and makes it their 2018 corner event that delays the Final Summoning of the Guggs and saves us all from NBA Dissassembled.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    In a sane world, someone looks at the Mothervine pitch and makes it their 2018 corner event that delays the Final Summoning of the Guggs and saves us all from NBA Dissassembled.
    Honestly Mothervine should have been a bigger deal than it was. We got a brief cameo of the Gold team in Blue but it could have been its own event given the scope of its reach and potential ramifications

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Honestly Mothervine should have been a bigger deal than it was. We got a brief cameo of the Gold team in Blue but it could have been its own event given the scope of its reach and potential ramifications
    Agree, Mothervine should have been the crossover, not the mojoworld

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So you don't have a solution or ways that things could be better, just complaints about how everything sucks and has always sucked?

Okay.
    No, just that era and those events. AFAIC it sucked and should not have happened. If you want to defend that period's honor, fine but it's being specifically name-checked and dismissed in the current event for a reason and I sleep well at night about it.

BANNED

Horseman Banshee reading flatscans to filth > Claremont Banshee

BANNED

What is this from? Am I tripping?

BANNED

Uncanny Avengers #12

BANNED

Looks like swole Loa after some bad shrooms