Page 165 of 668 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 10012

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    A slight correction, Morrison had to compose with editors, like, he couldn't use Colossus so he created secondary mutations.
    I'm very thankful for that. Secondary mutations are a cool add, though they've been sparsely used and mostly (in typically underwhelming fashion) by Cullen Bunn. Emma's diamond form is supremely iconic, and so I'm glad Morrison wasn't allowed to use Colossus.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I agree with this. M-Day is what caused the major issues everyone complains about. X-Men being soldiers in an unwinnable war? Check. X-Men forced to go after each other because of hard, desperate decisions? Check. X-Men on the brink of extinction every few issues? Check.
    I personally enjoyed the Decimation era overall, but it was a huge mistake to not let that era die with AvX. I dunno how they thought it was a good idea to go another extinction status quo only three years after the last one ended...

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    what was the last time x-men seemed like friends and a family? this has been a long time.
    Academy X?

I think Decimation was interesting but it should have ended in Second Coming. Extending it to Schism and AvsX was a mistake.

Then the whole Terrigen plot was a terrible idea, Decimation was too recent.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This. It was a **** version of Israel/Pakistan nation-building with an anti-integration doctrine. Magneto should’ve failed Genosha, because hard segregationist agendas are failures.
    This could be actually be a goosd story, a much better than him sensing someone would attack and leave everyone even his daughter behindd Genosha was really the mutant version of Israel, there was a lot to explore. That Xorn thing stinks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    X-men never lived happy together and family played softball for long.
    Original run, death of Xavier they had to graduate
    ANAD Death of Phoenix and Thunderbird.
    Days of Future past and Mutant Massacre right after that
    Inferno
    Legacy Virus...

X-men has never been a happy comics, they couldn't catch a break in the long term. BUT, they had little moments, breather period or issues where they could recollect, rekindle, mature, grow, love, hate, argue. I've started X-men with the classic around the first arcade encounter I read through to the outback period. Remember that moment where kurt and logan teased Kitty and we had a monologue from kurt contemplating on his behaviour and trying to be better ? Or when Dazzler and Rogue where fighting over Longshot while Colossus was painting Psylocke ? Storm crying over her dead garden because of Calisto ? Those are little human moments which have disappeared from the comics. Characters are just here to serve a plot. They are not fleshed out anymore they just are. I quit reading because in the end, they were no victories, only failures after failures and jerkass arguing with each other just for the sake of it.
    Agree. I even think bendis was trying to bring mutants together after so many fights and tragedy. Like you say, mutants lots so much that it became depressing. I hope HOX is the victory mutants need
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-07-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This could be actually be a goosd story, a much better than him sensing someone would attack and leave everyone even his daughter behindd Genosha was really the mutant version of Israel, there was a lot to explore. That Xorn thing stinks
    Genosha was like Israel in the sense that Israel was WW2 Allied nations passing the buck not wanting the Jewish refugees in their country, so they force its existence into what may or may not have been Israel in Biblical times and continue to destabilize the entire region and create decades of bloody religious conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think Decimation was interesting but it should have ended in Second Coming. Extending it to Schism and AvsX was a mistake.

Oh, actually, yeah, changing my answer to this. Second Coming would have been a better endpoint. Or if they'd just ditched Schism and had Kieron Gillen resolve the Hope / Phoenix plots in Uncanny and Generation Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Oh, actually, yeah, changing my answer to this. Second Coming would have been a better endpoint. Or if they'd just ditched Schism and had Kieron Gillen resolve the Hope / Phoenix plots in Uncanny and Generation Hope.
    Obviously everyone knows Schism was nothing but a massive mistake in hindsight. But hero vs. hero conflicts were in vogue at the time, and Marvel can always be counted on to chase the almighty dollar.

Genosha was like Israel in the sense that Israel was WW2 Allied nations passing the buck not wanting the Jewish refugees in their country, so they force its existence into what may or may not have been Israel in Biblical times and continue to destabilize the entire region and create decades of bloody religious conflict.
    I thought more in the terms that people want to send all jews to Israel because of racism and religious things. But of course not everyone thinks their home is there.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

The X-men's story of struggle eventually turned into a story where they were the villains. I think that was the biggest problem of AvX.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Obviously everyone knows Schism was nothing but a massive mistake in hindsight. But hero vs. hero conflicts were in vogue at the time, and Marvel can always be counted on to chase the almighty dollar.
    I'm a little torn because of how much I enjoyed Kieron Gillen's post-schism Uncanny work. But, I'd wager a fair bit of that could have been done without Schism, really.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'm a little torn because of how much I enjoyed Kieron Gillen's post-schism Uncanny work. But, I'd wager a fair bit of that could have been done without Schism, really.
    It could've easily been done as-was without a real schism. If Scott and Logan had a disagreement all Logan would've needed to do was just... lead his X-Force while Scott was in charge of the X-Men and ultimately I doubt the Extinction Team would've been all that different.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Wait Schism was before AvX?

Wait Schism was before AvX?
    Yeah; Schism was about sentinels coming to attack Utopia and Logan was still high about Kurt's death so it was like... "But Scott da kiddies can't fiiiiiight!" and Scott was like "they've been training for this!" and then the kids fought anyway and afterward Logan reopened the school but named it after the woman who he was stalking.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yeah; Schism was about sentinels coming to attack Utopia and Logan was still high about Kurt's death so it was like... "But Scott da kiddies can't fiiiiiight!" and Scott was like "they've been training for this!" and then the kids fought anyway and afterward Logan reopened the school but named it after the woman who he was stalking.
    I love how people romanticize Logan's attraction to Jean, when he clearly named the school after her solely as a personalized **** you to Scott.

And kurt died in second coming or fear itself? Ugh I’m so sick of continuity lol

I love how people romanticize Logan's attraction to Jean, when he clearly named the school after her solely as a personalized **** you to Scott.
    It's Claremont's fault. He never wrote Jean and Logan as being attracted to one another until after Jean came back in X-Factor, and even then it came out of nowhere given how in love Jean was with Scott at the time. Bendis characterized teen Jean as being disgusted with Logan and Taylor defined it as platonic love as opposed to romantic, and that's the only way I can see it.

And kurt died in second coming or fear itself? Ugh I’m so sick of continuity lol
    Second Coming!