Page 166 of 664 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 9959

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's Claremont's fault. He never wrote Jean and Logan as being attracted to one another until after Jean came back in X-Factor, and even then it came out of nowhere given how in love Jean was with Scott at the time. Bendis characterized Jean was being disgusted with Logan and Taylor defined it as platonic love as opposed to romantic, and that's the only way I can see it.

Second Coming!
    I personally blame the movies.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I love how people romanticize Logan's attraction to Jean, when he clearly named the school after her solely as a personalized **** you to Scott.
    It's the bias of a fan. I always have & will see Logan's feelings for Jean the way I do Spike's feelings for Buffy. Stalker obsession and occasionally a **** you to their first loves Scott / Angel.

Both relationships which are romanticized by fans.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-07-2019 at 05:47 PM.

I love how people romanticize Logan's attraction to Jean, when he clearly named the school after her solely as a personalized **** you to Scott.
    Superheroes do petty **** cause the men who write and the men who read are effectively children. Romantization is a coping mechanism.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yeah; Schism was about sentinels coming to attack Utopia and Logan was still high about Kurt's death so it was like... "But Scott da kiddies can't fiiiiiight!" and Scott was like "they've been training for this!" and then the kids fought anyway and afterward Logan reopened the school but named it after the woman who he was stalking.
    Logan never stalked Jean and as far as the naming of the JGS, he named it after Jean to honor her. Besides why would Scott care if the school was named after Jean, he had moved on to Emma so his opinion on the matter is meaningless. And Jean's spirit was happy that Logan named the school after her, didn't Scott name his new school in the old weapon-x bunker after Xavier; the man he killed, was that a personalised **** you to Xavier?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Both Cyclops and Wolverine are actually pretty great characters. I hate when people start bashing one or the other.
    or bashing one to defend the other

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Logan never stalked Jean and as far as the naming of the JGS, he named it after Jean to honor her. Besides why would Scott care if the school was named after Jean, he had moved on to Emma so his opinion on the matter is meaningless. And Jean's spirit was happy that Logan named the school after her, didn't Scott name his new school in the old weapon-x bunker after Xavier; the man he killed, was that a personalised **** you to Xavier?
    Yeah, Logan did. Several times.

His comment during Phoenix: Resurrection says everything with whole "I need to confront her, she's not YOUR Jeanie" to Teen Scott.

Logan named the school to piss off Scott and mock him for Jean's death and Scott moving on. Scott named his school to honor the man he would never have hurt if he was in his right mind.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Logan kept Jean's hair in a box under his bed, but he wasn't a stalker. Right. Right.

His comment during Phoenix: Resurrection says everything with whole "I need to confront her, she's not YOUR Jeanie" to Teen Scott.
    Remember how Jean's direct response to that was how she wasn't his? That's still one of the best lines of 2018.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Wolverine is in love with Jean. But he respected her choices.
    Doesn't mean he didn't love her, if he kept some hair was as a sign of appreciation and to remember her because she died.
    I don't really see any ill intend on his part.

It is not like he wins anything for loving Jean if she doesn't pay him much attention. His love is a gift, unconditional. He appreciates her even if he doesn't get anything from it.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-07-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wolverine is in love with Jean. But he respected her choices.
    Doesn't mean he didn't love her, if he kept some hair was as a sign of appreciation and to remember her because she died.
    I don't really see any ill intend on his part.

It is not like he wins anything for loving Jean if she doesn't pay him much attention. His love is a gift, unconditional.
    Yes Logan loves Jean and I'm sure she loves him but its platonic love not romantic. And besides everyone knows Mariko is the love of Logan's life, not Jean. Logan will choose Mariko over Jean everytime. And if Logan is so obsessed with Jean then why didn't he accept Jean's advances when she came to him? Instead he said no, if he wants/wanted her so bad and wants to get on over on Scott then why didn't he just take the opportunity when presented? Then he could tell Scott that he banged his wife, that would be the ultimate **** you to Scott. Maybe just maybe Logan is not the sexual predator/harasser that some like to make him out to be.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Logan didn't accept Jean's advances specifically because she was the wife of the man that was, at the time, basically his best friend and he was well aware that she wasn't in the best frame of mind - which is true. Under any other circumstance i doubt he'd hesitate, but also, in any other circumstance Jean would never.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

And if Logan is so obsessed with Jean then why didn't he accept Jean's advances when she came to him? Instead he said no, if he wants/wanted her so bad and wants to get on over on Scott then why didn't he just take the opportunity when presented? Then he could tell Scott that he banged his wife, that would be the ultimate **** you to Scott. Maybe just maybe Logan is not the sexual predator/harasser that some like to make him out to be.
    Exactly, I don't know what Claremont wanted to do but throught the decades Wolverine has been pretty respectful.
    He loves her but he has know to behave and show appreciation on different ways. I think it is nice.

Yes Logan loves Jean and I'm sure she loves him but its platonic love not romantic. And besides everyone knows Mariko is the love of Logan's life, not Jean. Logan will choose Mariko over Jean everytime. And if Logan is so obsessed with Jean then why didn't he accept Jean's advances when she came to him? Instead he said no, if he wants/wanted her so bad and wants to get on over on Scott then why didn't he just take the opportunity when presented? Then he could tell Scott that he banged his wife, that would be the ultimate **** you to Scott. Maybe just maybe Logan is not the sexual predator/harasser that some like to make him out to be.
    Because he knew she wasn't in her right mind at the time.

Mighty Member

Because he knew she wasn't in her right mind at the time.
    But why would that matter, Logan is suppose to be a stalker and totally obsessed with Jean right? Any chance he gets to have her he is suppose to take, why let a little thing like emotional distress get in the way.

BANNED

It's absolutely the fault of the movies, which showcased Hugh Jackman before everyone else and also shoved Scott to the side.

Comics that pretend Jean and Logan have an equally singular relationship to that of Scott and Jean annoy me, specifically Taylor's X-Men Red annual where Jean went on about them being her two men in her life. That was never the case. Outside of a rare weak moment or two, Jean has never pursued or wanted to pursue a serious relationship with Logan. The relationship has been blown up into much, much more than it ever was on the page.

But why would that matter, Logan is suppose to be a stalker and totally obsessed with Jean right? Any chance he gets to have her he is suppose to take, why let a little thing like emotional distress get in the way.
    Because he's a stalker of her doesn't make him a rapist.