Page 167 of 668 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 10014

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Logan didn't accept Jean's advances specifically because she was the wife of the man that was, at the time, basically his best friend and he was well aware that she wasn't in the best frame of mind - which is true. Under any other circumstance i doubt he'd hesitate, but also, in any other circumstance Jean would never.
    Describing Logan and Scott as best friends...is not really accurate, not even at that time, mutual respect is basically the closest that they ever got (although is worth mentioning that their rilvary was actually pretty short lived), if someone is hisnbest friend on the group is either Ororo or Kurt. He rejected because of his state mind as you said and his personal history with death lovers, around that time in his solo it was commented that Logan pretty much stopped looking for long term romance since the deatb of Mariko and it was partially why he stopped pursuing her after X-Ticion Agenda.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Exactly, I don't know what Claremont wanted to do but throught the decades Wolverine has been pretty respectful.
    He loves her but he has know to behave and show appreciation on different ways. I think it is nice.
    Eh as a Wolverine fan, i can tell you that some of Logan behavior was incredibly innapropiate and not very far from harrasment, especially in the early days, but i mostly blame it on the fact that Logan was still more animal than man thanks to what happened in Weapon X (his mutation does affect his personality to a point after and the trauma didn't help) but he has made an effort to not follow his worst instints regarding her, both for her and for him, so as long as Marvel doesn't try to make it canon, i'm fine with it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Wolverine is no Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Describing Logan and Scott as best friends...is not really accurate, not even at that time, mutual respect is basically the closest that they ever got (although is worth mentioning that their rilvary was actually pretty short lived), if someone is hisnbest friend on the group is either Ororo or Kurt. He rejected because of his state mind as you said and his personal history with death lovers, around that time in his solo it was commented that Logan pretty much stopped looking for long term romance since the deatb of Mariko and it was partially why he stopped pursuing her after X-Ticion Agenda.
    For sure Logan and Scott aren't best friends.

Wolverine had some self love and respect for Jean. He wouldn't sleep with her, when she just said she was in love with Scott. It would hurt both.
    even when he found Scott drinking, he tried to help him get back to Jean

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yeah, Logan did. Several times.

His comment during Phoenix: Resurrection says everything with whole "I need to confront her, she's not YOUR Jeanie" to Teen Scott.

Logan named the school to piss off Scott and mock him for Jean's death and Scott moving on. Scott named his school to honor the man he would never have hurt if he was in his right mind.
    and Logan was wrong because of that? I think that Scott really need this wake up call
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-07-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

and Logan was wrong because of that? I think that Scott really need this wake up call
    I think they're just saying that Logan chose the name to be a dick and not for any altruistic reason.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think they're just saying that Logan chose the name to be a dick and not for any altruistic reason.
    Anyway he still loved Jean a lot more than Scott, that is why he cared about the way Scott moved on

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wolverine is no Namor.
    Not as hot but more popular. Also Logan has his charm, it is not conventional but he has it.

I think it was more of a reminder (of course with affection towards Jean). Usually Jean is described as the soul of the X-men. On those difficult times, our heros had to take many difficult choices, specially Cyclops. Maybe it was to shown that they had lost their way a little
    Anyway he still loved Jean a lot more than Scott, that is why he cared about the way Scott moved on
    I know Marvel didn't treat their relationship well for a long time but Cyclops loves a lot Jean too. Sadly Marvel just didn't care for or for anything related to Jean for long.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-07-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Yeah... no.

Scott has always, and will always, love Jean far more than Logan. The whole time he was with Emma, he only thought of Jean. It's why their relationship was basically dead from the word go.

For sure Logan and Scott aren't best friends.

Wolverine had some self love and respect for Jean. He wouldn't sleep with her, when she just said she was in love with Scott. It would hurt both.
    even when he found Scott drinking, he tried to help him get back to Jean

What wake up call? To let the Purifiers, Reavers, and Friends of Humanity snuff them out of existence without a fight like Wolverine wanted?

This is exactly why the Schism was 110% pure weapons grade bullonium. Wolverine's plan (retreat to New York, which had passed violently anti-mutant legislation) would have gotten every X-Man killed. But Scott was the designated bad guy, even though his plan was the ACTUALLY SMART ONE.

BANNED

The whole time he was with Emma, he only thought of Jean. It's why their relationship was basically dead from the word go.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah... no.

Scott has always, and will always, love Jean far more than Logan. The whole time he was with Emma, he only thought of Jean. It's why their relationship was basically dead from the word go.
    Instead of trying to destroy the marriage in his own benefit, he was trying to help Scott-Jean because he loved her. Only mother's is biggest demonstration of love than what Logan did. he really reached th enext stage.
    Thoughts are nothing without action.

What wake up call? To let the Purifiers, Reavers, and Friends of Humanity snuff them out of existence without a fight like Wolverine wanted?

This is exactly why the Schism was 110% pure weapons grade bullonium. Wolverine's plan (retreat to New York, which had passed violently anti-mutant legislation) would have gotten every X-Man killed. But Scott was the designated bad guy, even though his plan was the ACTUALLY SMART ONE.
    Wake up call that Scott was getting too violent and would get all mutants killed in his war. I think it played a big role on AvX and later on Bendis run

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Shipping in general is very complicated on Marvel. One day Vision and Scarlet Witch are totally in love, the next is Wanda and Wonderman are totally OTP and then it is Wanda/Jericho but Vision is still kind of there. One day Vision dumps Wanda, the other she is everything to him. The characters feelings change according to what is cool for the story at the moment and not something real, after all these characters aren't real people and they do and think everything according to the wishes of the writer or editor in charge at the moment.

It is something that shouldn't be taken serioulsy but sadly it is one of the things fans (including myself) are very passionate about.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-07-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Instead of trying to destroy the marriage in his own benefit, he was trying to help Scott-Jean because he loved her. Only mother's is biggest demonstration of love than what Logan did. he really reached th enext stage.
    Thoughts are nothing without action.

Wake up call that Scott was getting too violent and would get all mutants killed in his war. I think it played a big role on AvX and later on Bendis run
    I know it is your whole shtick to hate Scott no matter what, but to say to Scott ever stopped loving Jean more than any other being in existence is blatantly ignoring literally the entire existence of the X-Men.

As far as Schism, Wolverine's plan was to let mutantkind be annihilated. How is that better?

I know it is your whole shtick to hate Scott no matter what, but to say to Scott ever stopped loving Jean more than any other being in existence is blatantly ignoring literally the entire existence of the X-Men.

As far as Schism, Wolverine's plan was to let mutantkind be annihilated. How is that better?
    but I didn't said Wolverine plan was good, just that Scott made mistakes.

If writers wanted to show that Scott loved Jean more than Wolverine they completely failed, first he cheated then later he move on. Wolverine was more concerned about that than Scott was

but I didn't said Wolverine plan was good, just that Scott made mistakes.

If writers wanted to show that Scott loved Jean more than Wolverine they completely failed, first he cheated then later he move on. Wolverine was more concerned about that than Scott was
    You're completely ignoring Here Comes Tomorrow, as well as all future writings that show that Scott felt nothing but guilt for what happened to Jean and that he never stopped loving her even for a moment.

Scott didn't make any mistakes, he made hard decisions that saved the life of every mutant on the planet. Wolverine wanted to flee back to a state that had passed extremely anti-mutant legislation, where hundreds of students had just been slaughtered, to fight against groups that had explicit government permission to attack the X-Men and believed their mission to be ordained from God himself to kill every mutant down to the last. His plan would have gotten everyone killed.
    Last edited by PsychoEFrost; 09-07-2019 at 09:52 PM.