Page 168 of 663 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Not as hot but more popular. Also Logan has his charm, it is not conventional but he has it.
    What I meant is that Namor is a dick. Logan is kinda a dick, but Namor is always a dick. That's a core element of the character's appeal. Unlike all these superheroes with altruistic motivations, Namor is a dick. His priorities are 1. Atlantis, 2. Himself, and that's about it. That's why he's so much fun to read about.

People were talking about how Logan wasn't constantly trying to get Jean to leave Scott and sleep with him, but Namor does that **** all day and night and never loses any sleep over it. Most commonly with Sue Storm and Reed, but that was also his approach with Emma and Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I love how people romanticize Logan's attraction to Jean, when he clearly named the school after her solely as a personalized **** you to Scott.
    So, a bit more complicated. Logan learned to know and get attracted by Phoenix which was a Jean copycat which fooled everybody. Phoenix died. Jean came back. Logan's feeling might have been changed because imagine you thought a person you really liked was dead and then she comes back. Jean wasn't interested. Logan was respectful. Then, Scott got caught in the Pryor situation (and basically was a jerk to Madelyn and to Jean in the story). Jean had a couple of years where she was distraught and confused (X-Tinction Agenda, Inferno...) and that's when the platonic romance with Logan started.

All three of them are a bit screwed up in their relation Jean (pre-Morrison) being the more level headed.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You're completely ignoring Here Comes Tomorrow, as well as all future writings that show that Scott felt nothing but guilt for what happened to Jean and that he never stopped loving her even for a moment.

Scott didn't make any mistakes, he made hard decisions that saved the life of every mutant on the planet. Wolverine wanted to flee back to a state that had passed extremely anti-mutant legislation, where hundreds of students had just been slaughtered, to fight against groups that had explicit government permission to attack the X-Men and believed their mission to be ordained from God himself to kill every mutant down to the last. His plan would have gotten everyone killed.
    I think Wolverine was afraid, Scott was always the moral compass and he got really extremist. So who would stop x-men from crossing the line?

I'm not sure if he felt guilty because on the last moment he discovered that he still loved her
    or if he just felt bad because he wasn't with her on her last moments alive and then she died

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Cyclops had one story of being indifferent. Outside of that he has always cared deepely for Jean.
    I don't want to deppreciate other characters positive behaviors towards her but there is no need to ignore all the times Scott has cared for her.
    nobody comes close to how Cyclops worships her, he had one bad story in contrast to many others and decades of loving her, even to this day she is supremely important to him.
    cute2.jpg
    hjtut.jpg
    _____________lkdufd.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-08-2019 at 07:10 PM.

BANNED

Unpopular opinion: X-Men would be more fun, more exciting, more interesting, sexier, and frankly, more popular in 2019 if it were the Charmed of superhero comics. It would also be more distinct were it about its female characters and their personalities more often.

It's the chicks that make this stuff different from Avengers and I can't wait until that is realized by the powers that be in a macro sense.x

The women are really more interesting than the guys. But i don't think that is unpopular

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Unpopular opinion: X-Men would be more fun, more exciting, more interesting, sexier, and frankly, more popular in 2019 if it were the Charmed of superhero comics. It would also be more distinct were it about its female characters and their personalities more often.

It's the chicks that make this stuff different from Avengers and I can't wait until that is realized by the powers that be in a macro sense.x
    Too bad after Claremont x-men became too male centric
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-08-2019 at 07:36 PM.

We had several females leading teams last year (Jean in Red, Teen Jean and Polaris in Blue, Kitty in Gold, Psylocke in Astonishing and Jubilee in Gen X)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We had several females leading teams last year (Jean in Red, Teen Jean and Polaris in Blue, Kitty in Gold, Psylocke in Astonishing and Jubilee in Gen X)
    Yeah, i'm pretty sure than the trick is making then compelling and interesting to follow.

Wich bring me to my unpopular opinion, although i'm completly ok with more females, minorities and non-straight characthers, but unless that the writing is good, is not going to mean much in the long term.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Those hardly centered the franchise though. Red, in particular, no long counts as that characterization of the lead female in that book has been disavowed and repudiated.

I'm talking about a vision of the franchise where it's not just known that all the best female heroes are in X-Men, but its acknowledged that X-Men is about the women.

I'm talking about Wolverine or Gambit popping up like a White Lighter to do some helpful and hyper cool sh*t in a short period of time and then dipping out as we close on the main focus, the squad of hot and complicated super-ladies.

Unpopular opinion: The X-books should get rid of gun culture antihero characters. Decades of antihero tropes have long forgotten the stakes which drove abandoning personal moral codes. In the past, antiheroes abandoned moral code because society’s fabric was at risk of unraveling and being a vigilante was the final way to uphold justice and protect the weaker members of society. Now, characters just carry ridiculous sized guns because... reasons. I mean, it’s not like Cable and Bishop don’t have formidable power sets without the guns. Why do the X-men need a paramilitary unit, exactly?

Cable's powers are nearly useless because of the virus. He needs the guns, otherwise he is just normal or sick

But Cable, Bishop and Hope usually don't use lethal guns.

Those hardly centered the franchise though. Red, in particular, no long counts as that characterization of the lead female in that book has been disavowed and repudiated.

I'm talking about a vision of the franchise where it's not just known that all the best female heroes are in X-Men, but its acknowledged that X-Men is about the women.

I'm talking about Wolverine or Gambit popping up like a White Lighter to do some helpful and hyper cool sh*t in a short period of time and then dipping out as we close on the main focus, the squad of hot and complicated super-ladies.
    It did though. ResurrXion was very female focused. With the exception of Iceman and arguably OML, the males took a backseat to the women. The women were the leads of those books I mentioned with the men being supporting players

I got a better sense of your vision but I dont think thats practical. The closest would be the all female squad from a few years ago and I wouldnt mind that again but I cant and dont want to see the franchise be all women with men popping up here and there
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-08-2019 at 08:52 PM.

BANNED

Um, what?

Also: Charmed sucked.

Imagine a world where only females carried the x-gene. X-Women aside, it would be very interesting.